PDA

View Full Version : Where to ride close to Va Beach? I know it's been

TRXMaddness
03-09-2003, 05:02 PM
I have done numerous searches on all the websites and even on here. I'm looking for a riding area that is legal to ride at near Virginia Beach. I willing to travel up to two hours away to get there. The riding places that we had turned out to be illegal to ride in and we got our first written warning from the park ranger/game warden. If any can help us out here in the South Eastern Part of Virginia it would be greatly appreciated. Also, I heard of a place near here called the mud flats. If anyone knows directions to this place it to would be greatly appreciated.

Russ

oldnumberseven
03-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Where do you live in VB? I own a house at Sandbridge. I went to Kellam High School. As far as riding in the area.......try Pungo or Blackwater.....most farmers down there will let you ride their land if you ask permission first.

TRXMaddness
03-09-2003, 08:32 PM
I live off of South Indenpendence Blvd. Last street before Indian River Road. Thanks for the info on Pungo and Blackwater. What are the riding areas like there.

RURacing
03-12-2003, 12:55 PM
Maddness
There are several riding areas with in a couple hours of Va Beach but what kind of riding do you do? Oh yea the mud flats, if they are also know as the Alcoa plant in Portsmouth are also illegal but not checked often, but it is off of Victory Blvd. PM me i will give you my phone number and can probly find you 5 or 6 spots close to you and legal.

AtvMxRider
03-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Russ are you coming out to Quad wars at the beach in May? You should come out there and give it a try.

anywhereEx
03-12-2003, 01:41 PM
I can think of a place whenever I everyones crap is running 100%..... Of course I can only have you and Ry:rolleyes: But next time we will do some seriouse riding. We did not cover most of it.

As soon as both of yall are real good with the trails there we can get some survey tape and mark it and mock up a race.....

TRXMaddness
03-12-2003, 03:04 PM
Just wanted to thank you all for the info on some riding places near va beach.