PDA

View Full Version : Desert Racing vid

Ichoptop
08-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Quick cut from a week ago. let me know what you think.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W9TZTTq1J2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baracudaaa
08-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Honest Opinion????

Editing was great. Some very cool camera angles, interesting lighting, but the helmet camera (POV) angle was way too low.
Now the bad part, the content was boring as all hell. After 1 minute, it became very repetitive, like the same footage of rolling down a flat desert road was being used for the next 3 minutes. Also, you could have added in what happened after the DNF, like how the hell did you get out of there and what happened to the machine????

Just my opinion.

Balaz_73*00
08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
If I remember correctly I think I sold you that front end! OMI?

TheLane
08-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Honest Opinion????

Editing was great. Some very cool camera angles, interesting lighting, but the helmet camera (POV) angle was way too low.
Now the bad part, the content was boring as all hell. After 1 minute, it became very repetitive, like the same footage of rolling down a flat desert road was being used for the next 3 minutes. Also, you could have added in what happened after the DNF, like how the hell did you get out of there and what happened to the machine????

Just my opinion.

lol i was gonna say something about that, it seemed like the same clip over and over and over, but thats desert riding for ya man....not much to it.

Cool edit tho, and lots of cool camera angles.

Ichoptop
08-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Desert racing is really pretty boring to everyone but the racers. There wasnt even scenery to look at. I wish the helmet mount would have been angled up a bit to see the horizon. I was too busy getting the bike ready I never even checked the camera mounts.

As for the bike....oil started pushing into the trans. She started sounding a bit funny so I pulled off to check it out. Engione oil was nearly empty so I pulled the trans fluid check bolt and it literally blew out of my hand and dumped a half a quart. We ended up getting pulled in by one of the track trucks.

Balaz...that is indeed the front end. Had the shocks serviced last year and I am still trying to beat the A arms to death.