PDA

View Full Version : getting back on the wheeler

on the rocks
08-20-2012, 07:13 PM
now most of the time when you think of some one nervous about getting back on a 4 wheeler after like 7 or 8 months it because they got hut on it or by another one. but i didn't get hut and im nervous. my 400ex blew up about 7 or 8 months ago and its been a very slow rebuild. im nervous about getting back on it because when i had to stop riding it i was very happy with my ability to ride. i was right where i wanted to be, riding very technical creek beds and wash outs on my 2wd hanging right with the 4wd guys on there huge boats. and i was happy with the hills i was accomplishing.

what im nervous about is being able to ride at my previous skill level. i miss riding dearly and i would hate to have to reteach my self to be able to work cretin parts in a rapid movement in harry situations. in my head i would be good to go buy my muscles just wouldn't cooperate.

i road a friends 400 and it felt so weird to me, i thought it felt weird when i would hop off mine when i was use to riding so thats probably it.

im hoping things will come back fast.

anyone else have to take a long period of riding off not due to injury? i know injury would be the same idea but i want to jump back into riding where either way an injured person would have to ease back in to it due to injury. opinions wanted please.

beastlywarrior
08-20-2012, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by on the rocks
now most of the time when you think of some one nervous about getting back on a 4 wheeler after like 7 or 8 months it because they got hut on it or by another one. but i didn't get hut and im nervous. my 400ex blew up about 7 or 8 months ago and its been a very slow rebuild. im nervous about getting back on it because when i had to stop riding it i was very happy with my ability to ride. i was right where i wanted to be, riding very technical creek beds and wash outs on my 2wd hanging right with the 4wd guys on there huge boats. and i was happy with the hills i was accomplishing.

what im nervous about is being able to ride at my previous skill level. i miss riding dearly and i would hate to have to reteach my self to be able to work cretin parts in a rapid movement in harry situations. in my head i would be good to go buy my muscles just wouldn't cooperate.

i road a friends 400 and it felt so weird to me, i thought it felt weird when i would hop off mine when i was use to riding so thats probably it.

im hoping things will come back fast.

anyone else have to take a long period of riding off not due to injury? i know injury would be the same idea but i want to jump back into riding where either way an injured person would have to ease back in to it due to injury. opinions wanted please.
Come ride with us on omr itll either make you the best rider ever or never want to ride again

on the rocks
08-20-2012, 08:01 PM
im hoping i can find some people to ride technical stuff with. the only person who i road with that would ride as difficult at me went away to college (i did the same but i come home on the weekends) and im looking forward to an omr ride.

89trx250r
08-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I dont ride all winter but after the first 10 mins of riding it all comes back. Its already programmed into your brain, just ride smart and what you are comfortable with.

mheath14
08-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I havent been on a race bike in 9 years. Its been since Loretta's in 2003. I just bought an 05 450 honda. Talking about rusty.

on the rocks
08-21-2012, 05:17 AM
9 years would be a while. and im glad it came right back to you 89trx250r.

i just don't want to hop on it and expect a great day of wheeling and not be able to meet my standards any more.

ltrfofiddy32
08-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I havnt been on a quad in over 2 years. im deployed right now and i get back in a week, im picking up an 08 racebike and heading right to a race the day after i get back. this should be interesting. I'll be racing B and collegeboy.

on the rocks
08-21-2012, 03:21 PM
first off thank you for your service! your time is very appreciated to protect me and others.

and 2 years is a while defiantly to be hopping on a race bike and go racing. as you said it will be interesting for sure. let us now how it goes.

and don't they have the army edition Polaris sportsman over with you guys? you could have road that in the 2 years. lol

ltrfofiddy32
08-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Riding a fourwheeler is like having sex, you will never forget how once you have done it. haha actually the hostnation military people here have rzr's and fourwheelers to ride around the desert but im a crew chief so i work on the flightline. the only thing i drive is a recovery truck haha.

on the rocks
08-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ltrfofiddy32
Riding a fourwheeler is like having sex, you will never forget how once you have done it.

lol good to know!

and too bad you dont get a razr, that would be nice to cruse around in.

ltrfofiddy32
08-21-2012, 04:34 PM
haha with that being said, you will be fine!