PDA

View Full Version : Banshee

Arynock
03-09-2003, 03:37 PM
Whats to top speed of a stock banshee?
and are there any problems with banshees since they aren't as reliable as honda :P

nakomis0
03-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Banshees are pretty reliable.

I don't know the top speed, but I do know its very fast. 6 gears really gets the top speed up there.

03-09-2003, 06:49 PM
All i know is the banshee is FAST what it lacks in low end power it more than makes up for it in top end.

speedy400
03-09-2003, 08:12 PM
around 87ish, Mine is for sale if ya want one:D PM me if your intrested

Sportrax10
03-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
around 87ish, Mine is for sale if ya want one:D PM me if your intrested
Why isnt your Banshee in your sig? What mods does it have?

sweet300ex
03-10-2003, 04:53 AM
i think its more aroun 75 than 87

YZROOSTINYA
03-10-2003, 06:26 AM
71-72 consistantly

4TraxRider
03-10-2003, 08:00 AM
We GPS'd my friends at 73 mph while it was at the rev limiter going down hill.

speedy400
03-10-2003, 08:45 AM
hm, I would of swore it was 87mph but I'm not positive, it has the fallowing-its a '98,freshly bored .20 over wisco pistons(best for banshee's), ported, polished,hinson clutch basket, dg pipes and scilencers,k&n clamp ons,white bro's boost bottle, ceet graphics, nerfs, new grill, new headlights, most all the fluids have been replaced,we have the carbs at the dealer right now being checked and cleaned, we have all the stock parts except the stock header pipes.-PM me for further info or a pic-darren

airheadedduner
03-10-2003, 09:38 AM
My friends modded shee could only hit 70 on the gun in the sand. But the gun may not have been calibrated right and it was sand. Banshees are reliable if you take care of them. My gramps shee is an 87. We rebuilt it a year-year and a half ago and it had the original pistons, and they where in spec!! My cusins is the fastest shee in our group and I highly doubt it would even hit 80 and it is majorly modded.

87:ermm: No. With thoose mods it could not hit that unless you had taller gearing, and it would have a hard time pulling it. Why are .20 over wisecos the best shee pistons?? I like the vito's better(modded wiseco) for the yammys.

Shee's don't have rev limiters!!!!!! Unless you have the park brake on.

speedy400
03-10-2003, 09:46 AM
sorry about thoughs numbers, :confused2 I guess I was wrong, but I did a lot of research before I picked out pistons, the vito's rev a little faster but the wisco's are Much more reliable. Trust me I did my homework:D -darren

airheadedduner
03-10-2003, 09:52 AM
The Vito's are wiseco's. They are modded by trimming the crown to alter port duration, the piston ports are enlarged and chamfered, and the skirts are thicker for better reliability. Plus the rings are lowered to get them away from the heat of combustion to improve relibility. I would suggest next time the vito's;)

OCCRA288
03-10-2003, 10:08 AM
don't ride through a puddle on the banshee if you get on. They have a tendency to stick WOT.

Colby@C&DRacing
03-10-2003, 10:21 AM
Bones stock they are rated at 67 mph:)

speedy400
03-10-2003, 02:13 PM
I'm posotive that the normal wisco's are more reliable. I asked what was the differance between them on bansheehq.com(banshee headquarters) and about 10 people said they like the reving of the vitos but they wear out a lot quicker and the normal ones are more reliable. I also got that answer from the yamaha dealership mechanic. But its just your preferance.-darren

lex luger
03-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by OCCRA288
don't ride through a puddle on the banshee if you get on. They have a tendency to stick WOT.

HA, yeah if your a dum BASS and ya cant figure out how to remove your tors or tighten the slides :rolleyes:

....i own a banshee....countless hours working on it too...

quadrcr87
03-10-2003, 08:33 PM
i have a 92' banshee and it hit 98 mph on a paved drag race. it is built by vitos with trinity pipes

airheadedduner
03-10-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by speedy400
I'm posotive that the normal wisco's are more reliable. I asked what was the differance between them on bansheehq.com(banshee headquarters) and about 10 people said they like the reving of the vitos but they wear out a lot quicker and the normal ones are more reliable. I also got that answer from the yamaha dealership mechanic. But its just your preferance.-darren

I guess whatever turns your crank:p

I am sure that the vito's are built for better reliability. I can't think of why the standered wiseco's would be better. But what do I know, I like to run cast pistons in my R:eek:

SobeAHonda
03-10-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Sportrax10
Why isnt your Banshee in your sig? What mods does it have?

Hey buddy, it is look at the bottom

speedy400
03-11-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by SobeAHonda
Hey buddy, it is look at the bottom
I just had put it on there after he asked me why. it changes all your posts's sig after that. :D :rolleyes:

nakomis0
03-11-2003, 10:10 AM
Vitos and Wiseco are the same piston. The only difference is like AirHead said, Vitos has a modded dome, so the exhaust port (or was in intake) opens up quicker. That gives you a faster rev.

I don't thik he has done any more mods to the Wiseco other than the dome mod.

So the reliability would be about the same. The only reason you could say Vitos would be less reliable is because its reving faster and causing more wear.

I use to know more about Vitos a few years ago when he built my Blaster. He lives and works in Oxford like 2 blocks away from me. His buddy even did the Dyno for my 400ex.

Anyways everything the guy makes it awesome. Hes a nice guy, and use to race dirt bikes, If you ever talk to him you can tell he really cares about making the best product.

airheadedduner
03-12-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by nakomis0
Vitos and Wiseco are the same piston. The only difference is like AirHead said, Vitos has a modded dome, so the exhaust port (or was in intake) opens up quicker. That gives you a faster rev.

I don't thik he has done any more mods to the Wiseco other than the dome mod.

So the reliability would be about the same. The only reason you could say Vitos would be less reliable is because its reving faster and causing more wear.

I use to know more about Vitos a few years ago when he built my Blaster. He lives and works in Oxford like 2 blocks away from me. His buddy even did the Dyno for my 400ex.

Anyways everything the guy makes it awesome. Hes a nice guy, and use to race dirt bikes, If you ever talk to him you can tell he really cares about making the best product.

I am looking at the vito's ad right now and it says all their piston kits have heavy duty skirts. My dad runs the OEM style cast in his which is supposed to be a little better then stock(no performance mods) and I have helped install 2 sets of their superstock pistons into 2 different bikes(in both the shees I mentioned in my previous posts) and am positive taht the ring groves are lower. When it all comes down I don't see them being any less reliable then stock.

Vito's is an awesome company. They build very quility products and at an awesome price. I wish we had someone like them for honda parts:grr

lex luger
03-12-2003, 03:10 PM
def. get forged though, i like my vitos, +8hp on top end, is questionable...

rhandw69
03-12-2003, 03:30 PM
It is so funny to hear about how the reliability sucks on banshees. I really find this hard to believe. Bikes go as we owners treat them. I have both. The Banshee will start faster than my EX. Ive ran it pretty hard over the last year in the sand, never fouled a plug, never broke down, runs excellent. True I run it pretty hard. But I dont beat it up. Banshees are a blast to ride just like anyother bike. Its all how you take care of them.

honda_250x_87
03-12-2003, 08:17 PM
ya know what'd be awesome? if honda made a 2cyl R!! like a 2cyl 2stroke 500R.. that'd be soo great! that would rule over all banshees! lol

speedy400
03-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by honda_250x_87
ya know what'd be awesome? if honda made a 2cyl R!! like a 2cyl 2stroke 500R.. that'd be soo great! that would rule over all banshees! lol
trx250R..??

Bean
03-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Banshee's are reliable if treated right, some people drop sand into the intake and call Banshee's crappy, same with 250r's, i have heard so many people spout off about R's, about how they break all the time, what do you expect from them, they wont run forever, specially since R's do have a stroke that is a bit on the short side, faster reving and all

AndrewRRR
03-12-2003, 09:59 PM
That's the first thing any banshee owner should do, get rid of that fargin idiotic intake system! I don't like 250r's intake that much either. I got the set of hinson airbox rings for mine, dont wanna tighten your band clamps too much and cause the intake boot to wrinkle and suck in sand. $20 for them is cheap insurance.
Funny how the people that know the least about ATV's are the ones that are always saying how unreliable they are...
;)

hondaboy400ex
03-13-2003, 10:51 AM
what dose a 400ex need to smoke a banshee on top end the banshee have fmf pips reeds and jeted

AndrewRRR
03-13-2003, 11:47 AM
I don't think a 400ex would be able to smoke a banshee on top end. That's like beating the king at it's own game. You are better off using the EX's torque and midrange against a shee instead of trying to scream the motor.

lex luger
03-13-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by honda_250x_87

...shut up....

speedy400
03-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
I don't think a 400ex would be able to smoke a banshee on top end. That's like beating the king at it's own game. You are better off using the EX's torque and midrange against a shee instead of trying to scream the motor.
I 2nd that:rolleyes:

Arynock
03-13-2003, 06:56 PM
Well, are u guys telling a banshee stock would only do 67 on paved road???
cuz thats what i'll mostly be doing is street riding and a lil trail...

speedy400
03-13-2003, 08:04 PM
well I guess I dunno how fast on tar it goes stock, but trail riding I never had any problems, they arnt near as good at 400's but i kept up with an equaly skilled modded 400ex rider, he tried to get away from me, I kept up with him just fine when I was on the shee...my 2 cents-darren

AndrewRRR
03-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Arynock
Well, are u guys telling a banshee stock would only do 67 on paved road???
cuz thats what i'll mostly be doing is street riding and a lil trail...

:eek: Street Riding? Shame on you! There is a reason quads aren't street legal! lol. Wear your helmet, ive seen brains smeared on public streets, it's not a pretty site.
I think Dirty Wheels hit like 71-72 on a stock shee. If you want tons of top speed, just gear the thing really tall and mod it enough so you have the power to wind out 6th. Either that or put in a street bike motor. They are already geared to do in the 160-170mph range...