View Full Version : need help

wyman84
08-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Ok so the other day was out riding and outta no where my engine cut out and died, after trying to restart it, it seemed like it was outta gas, but just filled up so it couldn't be that, after a long time of tinkering with it I found the only way to get it to run right was to either hold the petcock/fuel switch to my left or ride with out the side fender, but it still isn't running properly......does anyone have an idea what it could.be? I'd prefer to work on it my self then to send it in to the shop I would greatly appreciate any suggestions

jman7290
08-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Sounds like my lawn mower, it won't even try to start when I get it out so I let it sit out in the sun for awhile and it starts first pull every time!!!

on the rocks
08-20-2012, 12:57 PM
well im not sure what the left position is on that petcock but the petcock could be clogged/restricted and only allowing a little gas to pass through.

wyman84
08-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the help petcock was good, it was a fried wire and had to clean the bowl of the carb, and also was told to only run non-ethonal gas

CJM
08-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Run gas with as little ethanol as possible. Round here we only have 10% ethanol gas so I only run 93 octane which apparently has less.

Also its a good idea to keep the gas petcock off at all times unless riding. If you look closely at the carb theres a small screw attached to a line, turn it and drain out the bowl when storing for long periods of time as well.