View Full Version : 05 trx90 overflowing carb and buzzing when starting

Pro4xterra808
08-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Ive been searching and searching about the buzzing noise when i push on the ignition. The motor does not turn or sound like it wants to come on, just a real loud buzzing now. Is this a bad stator. Right before the buzzing started the engine was trying to start for 5 seconds then all i get is buzzing. Can someone let me know where to buy a stator if its the problem? Also when it was running, gas would come out of the overfloe hose, is it the float thats not closing properly? Ivd dealt with 4stroke carbs on pit bikes alot but having barely anyroom on the quad, i never took da carb apart yet. Also how do i find the amount of oil to use and what type and were to get a filter.

miniquaddad90
08-17-2012, 10:33 AM
Sure its not a 2006? Sounds like yours is an electric start.... Anyways, Im betting the starter solenoid is bad. Fuel from overlow=float too high or just a sticking needle/seat. Pull the air box, pull the carb, giver her a good cleaning and you'll prob be fine. We run 10W40 ATV oil. About .65-.70 of a quart. No oil filter on these, drain and refill

Pro4xterra808
08-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Thanks buddy, seen some on amazon around 20 bucks, will try that fix.