PDA

View Full Version : 350 cam chain

eldoexrider01
03-09-2003, 11:05 AM
ok i am rebuilding my 350 4x4 and i put a new cam chain it it. the top end is the same as the 350X and the new chain i guess is real tight. i double checked to make sure its the right one and it is. is there a trick to get the cam chain around the cam sprocket??????

nakomis0
03-09-2003, 12:23 PM
I just rebuilt the motor on my uncles 350 4x4. I don't know any trick to put the chain on, but your right it is hard to get on.

Just make sure the teeth are lined up in the chain and work it on little by little. Its a pain, yours is probably tougher because its a new chain. I had problems and that was the 87' chain.

eldoexrider01
03-09-2003, 01:49 PM
thanks for the info. its about to drive me crazy, because i cant get it on. and it wont roll on like a drive chain. how did you align the cam????? there no slots on the sprocket, just a lil circle hole beside one of the bolts.

nakomis0
03-09-2003, 03:18 PM
I can't recall how I aligned the cam. I know there was some kind of mark, because It wasn't a big issue or I would of remembered.

You might also wanna try angling the cam so the sprocket sits slightly lower. Get the chain to sit then try and manuever the cam back into its correct position.

You would have to double check the timing, and if its off you will have to do the same thing again. Just kinda remember how many teeth you are off. tilt the cam, and try and slide it over a tooth or whatever.

Its kinda hard to explain, . I do wish I could remember what the mark was to align the cam.:ermm: Definately better find that out, would hate to have it blow up again when you start it.