PDA

View Full Version : Malossi ignition

jungleboy213
08-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot a Malossi ignition. I had one go out and don't want to buy a coil, stator or cdi box and find out it's the wrong part.

asadad00
08-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Good luck. I even tried emailing Malossi. I wish I could help but I had a malossi pvl that stopped working and never could get any diagnostic test and it was only 2 months old, I gave it to a buddy that was trying to keep his running and I bought a Stage 6 pvl been running good ever since.

fomospede
08-19-2012, 02:31 PM
if you go to gforces website and look up the tech info on the malossi they have a email and a phone #
mine just crapped out coming off the podium
it sounded like it was dying so i pulled the teather thought maybe i had seized the motor cause i took off hard
but when i pulled the teather itdidnt just die it still sounded funny
now it will pop off and run for a couple seconds then dies
guessing the stator
how did your guys machines act ?

jungleboy213
08-20-2012, 05:40 PM
It was just missing. It sounded and acted like a bad reed. Checked reeds. They were fine. I heard backfiring. I know that means electrical. Took it to the track to get a second opinion and it wouldn't start. No fire on the sparkplug.

asadad00
08-21-2012, 08:41 AM
mine just started breaking up and misfiring then went dead and never cranked again.

fomospede
08-26-2012, 06:50 AM
sorry guys after a inspection i found the needle clip broke and the needle dropped down!
cheap fix atleast !

jakesdad6
09-21-2012, 07:32 PM
Mine would start and shut off I put new stator on n didn't fix it so now I am looking for a cdi and coil if anyone has some parts don't care if you don't no if there sti good it's worth guessing and trying a used one if anyone likes to sell some parts thanks