PDA

View Full Version : Hiper rim help

Nausty
03-09-2003, 10:53 AM
We bought some hiper rims and the problem we have is the holes in the rims are slightly oversized and not counter sunk so over time we think the wheels will wobble unless they constantly torqued to have a friction fit. My dad is affraid if we don't the holes will become elongated due to the wobble. So we're thinking of countersinking them ourselves. Any comments or suggestions?

methyman
03-09-2003, 12:43 PM
You can buy some new lug nuts that have a flat washer on them. They are call flanged nuts, you can use a flat washer behind them. Look at a yamaha bike and you will see what I am talking about. Click this link and look

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2405892869&category=34286

Mxbubs
03-09-2003, 01:42 PM
HHMMNN......I spoke to Tom@Hiper, he said the wills SHOULD NOT be over drilled. Mine holes were just big enough for the studs to fit thru. I use nylocks (nuts with the nylon linera) to insure 100% locking, with an acorn nut on top of that. Yes, double nutted. If your holes are bigger than your studs like you say, the wheels need to go back.

user101
03-10-2003, 10:41 AM
Hey Nausty,
didnt u wait like 2 months for those rims and nw they have to go back.:(

talk about bad luck:( :eek: :mad:

Ex'r Marlin
03-10-2003, 11:03 AM
I talked to HiPer about me adding countersunk holes like the stock rims have, and Tom @ HiPer recommended that I do not modify the hub.

To date, I have not noticed any "wobble" with the holes when I mount the rims to the axle hub.

BTW... Is there a diameter specification on the holes? If so, I would check your hole diameters.

Good luck!!:)

Nausty
03-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by user101
Hey Nausty,
didnt u wait like 2 months for those rims and nw they have to go back.:(

talk about bad luck:( :eek: :mad:

lol, I waited a lot longer than 2 months:o The holes really arn't as big as you would think but my dad thinks that they are big enough so that it will move around more than they should.

vtwoodsrider
03-11-2003, 06:30 AM
at least you got your rims i ordered mine and now c&d wont even respond to any of my emails.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
03-11-2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by vtwoodsrider
at least you got your rims i ordered mine and now c&d wont even respond to any of my emails.

Like I have mentioned many times it is not that I IGNORE EMAILS, I can only answer so many and have so much information as soon as I know something I will let people know.. :cool:

03-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Like I have mentioned many times it is not that I IGNORE EMAILS, I can only answer so many and have so much information as soon as I know something I will let people know..

nah nah nah nah nah LMAO confusious say you was warned :devil

Dont you love it when you prepare and work on something for many hours and after everything is finally coming together some manufacturer that you have no controll over goes and screws everything up :D It just aint right!

You guys got to understand that it dont matter what you say to Dusty since its hyper that is behind on production and aint nothing gonna happen till they actually make the parts, and yes you are all at the mercy of Hyper.