PDA

View Full Version : 05 450r carb on 400ex jetting problem

MEOFF
08-14-2012, 08:09 PM
i just got a hrc needle for my carb and i cant get any color in my spark plug it idles good throttle responce is ok.11:1 piston ported stage 1 cam k&n rev box i have needle on 4 position air box lid cracked 50 pilot 185 main and fuel screw 2 3/4 turns out is where i have it now,whats the trick to get color.i run it 5th gear wide open and i kill the motor and stop and check the plug i even tried a 210 main and it was still bright white

CJM
08-14-2012, 08:23 PM
For me, I find no matter what I do it takes a good ride to really bring color to my plug. Id try riding a bit more.

BTW: where did you get the HRC needle, I only have seen them sold with the HRC jet kit not individually.

MEOFF
08-14-2012, 08:31 PM
i went to that site you told me about and it was 25 bucks for the kit plus 12 for shipping so i just took part number to local dealer and they got it for me for 30 for the kit they told me you cant get just the needle

i'm thinking about putting a 182 in it seemed to run alittle bit better they and when you run it did you beat on it or just go out and ride it normal

Stickman400
08-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Yea, I also have problems getting color on my plugs until I ride it normally for about 30 minutes or so. Just ride it normally for 30 minutes and then run it WOT and kill it for the plug chop after you ride the 30 minutes.

JOHNDOE83
08-15-2012, 03:38 PM
The reason you guys are having trouble getting color on plugs is because plug color only shows needle and pilot jett.

It will only show up after some ride time, if you do a plug run it burns off all the carbon at WOT and looks white still.

The only way to see main jet on a plug is to physically cut the plug open.

The easiest way to jett for main jet is in the FAQ section at www.jetsrus.com its the same method Ive posted over and over again.