PDA

View Full Version : The big meeting at LL

LT80
08-14-2012, 07:33 AM
Was there a meeting?
If so, how did it go?

#404's Dad
08-14-2012, 11:49 AM
No clue, asked Rich on Thursday or Wednesday and he wasn't sure when or where at that point, asked him to let me know but never did end up hearing anything so I dunno.

Hetrick Racing
08-19-2012, 09:12 AM
with the dinners the auctions and all the stuff going on it really would have been hard,

LT80
08-19-2012, 05:49 PM
When it was mentioned that the meeting woukld be at LL when there's not much going on..I sorta figured it wouldn't happen. I mean, when isn't something going on at LL. :)

Logan #34's Dad
08-19-2012, 08:43 PM
I believe that Mr. H should have a pretty good idea of what WE believe are the "issues" if he read his other thread.
Common theme seemed to be cost.......

I pose a question: Do we REALLY need the AMA? From what I understand they basically take half of everything. Which in turn means the promotors have to basically charge double of what they need to make some kind of profit. What does the AMA really do for the sport of ATV Racing? I get a book every month with articles about two wheel machines......... They don't even offer protection/insurance to the venue anymore.
I'd be okay with the promotor requiring/recommending a AMA card to compete so our yearly dues get used to protect our rights but the events don't need to be sanctioned by AMA - imo.
And for the people thinking - the AMA helped with the lead law - trust me, that had far more to do with the little dirt bike MORE than our lil quads. Much larger market and more little dirtbike riders........

thequadfather+2
08-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Didnt the Pro motocross out door series drop the AMA? I swear I heard a discussion about them doing it.....I know its a heated issue but surely we can help support the AMA without the current structure IF that is indeed driving up cost.

jay-r
08-21-2012, 01:34 PM
The GNCC is now running the series without the AMA sanction. Seems like the AMA takes money from quad riders and uses it to pomote bikes.

Ryko racing
08-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Promote..... HMM INTERESTING WORD HUH ?????

Is promoting just taking in money ? I thought promoting was like asking the OEMS to help grow our sport. Or having companies help that arent in the industry yet .

i STRONGLY FEEL THAT THE ama is not the problem. ( i will gladly pay my dues even if our promoter drops the AMA.)

The issue is that the same person runs both series and can put the money toward whichever series they feel like funding.

If the money was directed to a certain series it MAY help.

Bottom line is we will not grow as long as we are viewed as the black sheep.

We went to a GLMX SERIES RACE LAST WEEKEND and it was great to feel wanted and the numbers were good. Thanks Amy and DREX.

Its not only about the NATIONALS. Soon the nationals will be just who can afford to take 4 day weekends and buy exotic quads for their kids to win on. There are a lot of fast riders that never race a National. ( i saw a guy no one knew smoke a well known pro at a local race a few years back.) He just never rode a National because his dad couldnt afford it.

desratt
08-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Yep. I see kids at local tracks that are good but bigger races never come near them so they never get to see the bigger races. With all the publicity and support it should be alittle cheaper and travel to other areas.

Logan #34's Dad
08-22-2012, 07:48 PM
Ryko,
What I'm getting at is, the AMA takes half of the money raised at our events. So, IF they are gone, the promoter only needs to charge $20.00 class, $20.00 per person to get in, ect. Hey and may not need to nickel and dime us (pit-pass) to death to make a little money. They could even charge us a discounted rate for every class entered. Imagine that. Every little bit helps.
It appears to NOT be hurting the GNCC group.
I will also continue to pay the AMA my dues but not because they do anything for atv racing - because I enjoy riding motorcycles.

FISH ON!
08-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Just an observation......... a couple of us GNCC racers crossed over to race Lorettas to get some practice for the GNCC race there this Fall. We knew the MX Nats required deep pockets but we couldn't believe have much we dumped before the RV was even parked. I had $500 cash in my pocket which is way more than I carry to a GNCC race and all that cash was gone before we even got the quad on the track Friday. Way to many fees and they are to high. There is a fee for everything at the MX Nats. It costs less than $100 bucks for the whole family to get in the GNCC track and for my son to race. Huge difference! There is just no way for the average income person to race MX Nats and be competitive.

To keep the MX Nats alive and growing IMO the promoters are going to have to cut the cost somewhere. Hopefully they won't wait until it is to late. We attended the Lorettas race two years ago and I would swear there was almost twice as many racers than this year.

Good Luck racers and try coming over to the dark side and run some woods races with us GNCC boys. That series is by no means perfect and has its own issues but it is way cheaper and usually a lot of fun.

FISH ON!
08-23-2012, 08:04 AM
BTW......... youth ATV registration is $25 for GNCC. If you register electronically, you will get a $20 gift certificate from Motorsports.com . That makes your registration fee actually cost you $5 !!!! Anybody can find things they need to buy with that gift certificate even if you just get chain lube.

Ryko racing
08-23-2012, 08:27 AM
I will never believe that if they drop the ama IT WILL TRICKLE DOWN TO THE RACERS POCKETS.( tHAT MEANS THAT THEY WILL MAKE MORE MONEY WITH LESS RIDERS THUS LESS LABOR COSTS.)
MORE PROFIT LESS WORK W LOWER EXPENSES. IF I WAS IN BUSINESS THAT WOULD SOUND GOOD TO ME.
I hope that im wrong but i dont believe it. ( im not totally sure that the ama TAKES HALF EITHER.) ( I WILL FIND OUT AS I KNOW PEOPLE THAT OWN TRACKS.)

BUT WE DID RUN A GNCC AND IT SEEMED CHEAPER. ( KIND OF BORING FOR THE SPECTATORS BUT GOOD FOR THE RIDERS). THEY SEEMED PRETTY ORGANIZED TOO.

I KNOW THE SPECTATOR COUNT WAS WAY WAY HIGHER THAN WE GET AT A NATIONAL.