PDA

View Full Version : keinin vs. OKO

Joemartin17
08-12-2012, 04:44 PM
anyone have any thoughts on keinin 28mm pwk versus a OKO 28mm pwk. I can save around a hundred bucks on the oko but i dont want somthin thats not gonna work. Im replacing a round slide keinin 28mm which is a piece of crap

bloodswet&gears
08-12-2012, 07:24 PM
keihin is a better carb. Pwks are not what you want to be using for putting around becuse its aggravating to get idle circuit to work good. As long as the rider stays in the throttle I havent had trouble with them.

Stay with genuine keihin jets. Mixing brands will throw you off when jetting.

Just my opinion!

hensonfamfun
08-12-2012, 07:45 PM
What are using the round slide for? 50cc, 70, 90? I run the round slide on my 50 and 70 and they great it maybe to much carb for cc and that's why I ask.

bloodswet&gears
08-12-2012, 08:10 PM
Why dont you try a keihin pe24. Good all around carb. Easy to tune. Just dont mix up jet brands, stay with genuine keihin jets.

24mm will get you good midrange, 26mm would be alittle better. 28mm-32mm you better be serious about WOT. Just going off what I read in your post you are using a A/C 90cc.

Joemartin17
08-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I have always run air cooled since my son was in the 50 class. Stayin in the throttle isnt a problem. I just cant get this thing to idle or get off the line at all. Tried everything. pilot jet up/down. air screw in and out. everything. needle position. nothin works. There is no throttle responce. the motor was built by tommy allie and he pretty much told me to throw this round slide in the garbage. just was wondering if anyone had an opinion on OKO versus keinin. im on a limited budget and a keinin is gonna run around $225 and an OKO is about a hundred bucks cheaper. pic is him at englishtown NJ last weekend just to give u an idea of how he rides

greenmachine70
08-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Oko is a taiwanese keihin copy just like s6 and Koso. They will all work but keihin is consistent.
Search oko on eBay. Try to get the power jet model if possible.

08-14-2012, 02:31 PM
I have several Oko 28mm and Kehine Pwk carbs. For the money Oko's the way to go, I have only had a little trouble tuning it at motos, but once half or full throttle your good. The power jet model is junk no need for that and causes tuning issues. All Pwk jets will work in the Oko carbs and for a 100 bucks Oko's the one. The only difference between the too is the name and the Kehine carb is polished for better air flow (something you can do yourself)... Hope that helps

#404's Dad
08-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Keihin for sure, the OKO and other knock offs do not have the quality or reliability.

When jetted correctly they are perfect from Idle to WOT