PDA

View Full Version : 2006 twist kit

mainah
08-11-2012, 09:01 PM
hey guys i tried the classifieds but had no luck..I need a twist and the cable for a 2006 ex if anybody has one laying around they would sell let me know.. thanks!

on the rocks
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
i dont think i know one atv guy who likes twist throttles. did you use to ride dirt bikes?

jman7290
08-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Terry Cable sells a dual gasser which is a thumb throttle, and a twist. There is a new company out called switchfly that offers one also. There is a write up on it in the August Dirtwheels and its on a 400!

mainah
08-12-2012, 09:03 AM
thanks for the info guys but I was kind of looking for someone selling one cheap.I already know i like because i had one on my R..I just cant afford a new kit right now

300exBorg
08-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Man, I don't understand how people like those things on wheelers. I find it very awkward but on a dirt bike I am absolutely fine with one. I guess to each their own though right.

Pittsburgh400ex
08-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I have an old motion pro twist kit i took off my 400 i'll get rid of cheap. I personally like the twist on a quad 90% of the time. The other 10% can get a little hairy though, like climbing rough hills, technical riding over logs and such. In those situation have more control with a thumb.
I'm on the list with Switchfly for their new setup when it comes out in october. My thumb and palm will go numb riding a thumb for too long, can't wait for it.
PM me your address and i'll ship it UPS to you. I dont have paypal or that crap so i sell with the "honor system" lol. It;s in rough shape anyway, the boot around the housing is torn a little and needs a new grip.

jkosakowski
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a brand new motion pro put it on but didnt want it txt or pm me 585-991-3997

mainah
08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the offers guys! but I contacted motion pro they said they are year-specific.. The difference is in the cable length..Go figure!?! any how if someone with a 05+ up ex has one help me out! Thanks!

Pittsburgh400ex
08-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Did you happen to ask which way the 05 and up cable goes? if an earlier year is longer it wont matter. If i remember correctly i think i had a good bit to play with on mine, not positive though. i couldnt see it being off more than an inch or so. I haven't looked at a carb on a newer one however.

dxcody
08-14-2012, 05:51 AM
a 400ex isnt a extreme powerhouse, but

When i rode one with a twist... It was the ride of my life!

Haha, i cant use one to save my life.

Thats the main reason i cant ride dirtbikes.

Pittsburgh400ex
08-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by dxcody
a 400ex isnt a extreme powerhouse, but

When i rode one with a twist... It was the ride of my life!

Haha, i cant use one to save my life.

Thats the main reason i cant ride dirtbikes.

Alot of people dont like them. They feel they have no real control over it. Your wrist naturally wants to twist towards you holding on to the grios. I hated it at first but after a while you learn to lock your wrist and hold the throttle.
There are hills around me i wouldnt even try with a twist too much bouncing and going sideways. They are virtually fatigue free though. Ill have a switchfly in october, pretty excited about it.

mainah
08-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Pittsburgh400ex
Did you happen to ask which way the 05 and up cable goes? if an earlier year is longer it wont matter. If i remember correctly i think i had a good bit to play with on mine, not positive though. i couldnt see it being off more than an inch or so. I haven't looked at a carb on a newe
r one however.

Yessir I did but the guy didn't know,but I didn't press the issue because the people at motion pro are so friggin nice...he just told me there was a cable length issue