PDA

View Full Version : Boggy MXZ

4TraxRider
03-09-2003, 08:13 AM
I bought a used 97' MXZ 583 about a month ago and it was runnin great until last week. Last weekend in the middle of my race I began to head up the hill. It started to bg down a little, so let off the throttle and got on it again and it went up fine. The next lap it did the same thing but didn't get better. Now, whenever I have it wide open or close to it, the revs drop dwon and it looses all power. It runs fine everywhere else. IT is jetted great, tried several new plugs, running race gas with the "secial" bombardier oil in the injector. There's another race this weekend and I'd like to be in it. If I gotta take it to the shop, it definately on't be back in time. PLease let me know if anyone has any ideas on a possible cause. Thanks alot. Sorry for the long post.

TRX250X
03-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Did you check little stuff like the fuel filter? It might not hurt to change it. Also, does that sled have the stock clutch on it? The TRA clutches are adjustable and have quite a bit to do with the performance of the sled.

j37
03-09-2003, 10:41 AM
Is the race in NY? If it is where abouts is it if it is? Maybe its your fuel filter like TRX250x said or maybe something in gas tank like dirt or something blocking gas from getting through but im not that sure.

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:44 AM
did your belt claze up? that will def make this happen

03-09-2003, 10:47 AM
sounds like something in the fuel system clean everything and replace all filters

flyin#5
03-09-2003, 11:03 AM
go here sledshot forums (www.xsorbit4.com/users/gofastplayhard/index.cgi) and ask my friend (gofastplayhard) this question. he knows alot about biles and his dad fixes them for ppl on the side. im sure he would know..

4TraxRider
03-09-2003, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys. I am gunna trace the fuellines to see if i can find a filter and im gunna clean the carbs. YEah, the race is in NY, at holiday mountain in rock hill/monticello. Its on sunday, races start at 12, sign up at 10. If u want directions or somthin, let me know.

killed300ex
03-09-2003, 06:44 PM
do a compression check sounds like you might have blown up one cylender and be runing on the other. Cause it sounds like what happened wit my freinds sled. Other than that it could be a carb problem or it could be the belt but highly unlikly
killed