PDA

View Full Version : Z400 hype?

hotrodhonda400
03-09-2003, 05:25 AM
I rode with a Z400 yesterday and I have to say where's the balls this things supposed to have? We rode all afternoon and was expecting that thing to run me over at any minute, like dirtwheels it should says but never happend. We did some road riding , open feild and some woods riding and i did not see but one advantage that the Z had over the EX and that was reverse, I can't believe that this supposedly other league quad is so evenly matched with the honda, light years faster?, dirtwheels give us a break, how much were you paid anyway!:rolleyes: :huh

fasterz
03-09-2003, 06:29 AM
my z with a pipe beat a raptor and with out a pipe it beat a 400ex sooo bad a was tuned around wavin in his face. so i dont know what the heck ur talkin out:rolleyes:

AtvMxRider
03-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by fasterz
my z with a pipe beat a raptor and with out a pipe it beat a 400ex sooo bad a was tuned around wavin in his face. so i dont know what the heck ur talkin out:rolleyes:

I don't know what the heck your talking about. But I bet you wont beat me like that. :devil

zroost
03-09-2003, 07:28 AM
Hey hotrodhonda....I dont know what Z you were riding but apparently you dont know how to ride. How can you say where is the balls...I would love to put you in your place. Maybe you were just more aggresive then the guy on the Z. But it is a known fact,stock for stock the z wins hand down every time. Stop bashing and realize all honda needs is liquid cooled and reverse to compare. I have a honda as well as a z and enjoy them both as well...But if I was going to go in a flat out drag I would def take the Z out.......

zfire_28
03-09-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by hotrodhonda400
I rode with a Z400 yesterday and I have to say where's the balls this things supposed to have? We rode all afternoon and was expecting that thing to run me over at any minute, like dirtwheels it should says but never happend. We did some road riding , open feild and some woods riding and i did not see but one advantage that the Z had over the EX and that was reverse, I can't believe that this supposedly other league quad is so evenly matched with the honda, light years faster?, dirtwheels give us a break, how much were you paid anyway!:rolleyes: :huh

Z is a little faster, other than that............I agree.

zfire_28
03-09-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by fasterz

If you say so.

hotrodhonda400
03-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by zroost
Hey hotrodhonda....I dont know what Z you were riding but apparently you dont know how to ride. How can you say where is the balls...I would love to put you in your place. Maybe you were just more aggresive then the guy on the Z. But it is a known fact,stock for stock the z wins hand down every time. Stop bashing and realize all honda needs is liquid cooled and reverse to compare. I have a honda as well as a z and enjoy them both as well...But if I was going to go in a flat out drag I would def take the Z out....... I wasn't riding a Z I was riding with one !! I just don't see how that thing is so bad ***:rolleyes: and as for bashing the Suzi i wasn't I was just expecting to be left behind like someone else said we weren't always drag racing whats the fun in that wow I'm a few mph faster than you woo hoo how often do you ride wide open anyway , and again for bashing how can anyone say anything about my oppinion when all you guys do is bash the 400 isn't that your oppinion also.:blah I guess i do have to give credit to suzuki for taking a honda , copying it and giving it reverse, wow what an inovation! I wasn't REALLY intending to start a flame i was just dissapointed in all the hype that i've heard and read about!:cool:

4TraxRider
03-09-2003, 08:29 AM
I also agree, when i first took the z400 for a ride, I was expecting to feel like i was riding on pillows and be flying down straits at crazy speeds. What i found was that it was blown way out of porportion. I do feel that it is a little faster than the honda and has a slight edge here and there. It doesn't seem to be any where near as great as dirtwheels says. Thats jsut my opinion.

rigged400ex
03-09-2003, 09:03 AM
i just rode a z yesterday with an hmf slip on and i liked it, lots of power, i think it is just as good of a quad as the 400ex, i loved every thing about it exept that its a little top heavy:)

zroost
03-09-2003, 09:09 AM
I never bash the 400 Ex..I think it is a great machine..Just needs to be updated...As for suzuki taking honda ideas..you got it all wrong..Try doing a little reading on the Z and u will find out there is a ton of dif internally in the motor as well as all the frame and so on..tell me something that suzuki took from honda that they already didnt have? And of course after you read all the things that suzuki put uot to push there quad will be dramatized..who doesnt do that in advertising today...And as pushing the bike to its limit all the time like in a drag...you should ride with me sometime......

hotrodhonda400
03-09-2003, 09:24 AM
I never bash the 400 Ex..I think it is a great machine..Just needs to be updated...As for suzuki taking honda ideas..you got it all wrong..Try doing a little reading on the Z and u will find out there is a ton of dif internally in the motor as well as all the frame and so on..tell me something that suzuki took from honda that they already didnt have? And of course after you read all the things that suzuki put uot to push there quad will be dramatized..who doesnt do that in advertising today...And as pushing the bike to its limit all the time like in a drag...you should ride with me sometime...... what did they take, Frame Suspension ergenomics(sp?) and probably a few sales, other than that...well whats left that makes a great quad, yeah they have a slightly better more mordern motor but to me thats ALL it has, yeah anyone can take a high performace motor and stick it in a frame BUT how will it handle? I know the Z handles well due to the cloned Honda chassis right , who can say that frame is not a copy anyway , while Suzuki was at it they should have copied the chain ajustment as well ,I not ragging on the Z...OK!,I've had a suzuki it was GREAT took all I put toward it, i'm just saying that the major magazines are crazy to say some of the things they do. I do also agree that honda needs to wake up and update the EX and that it is not perfect , it may be date but still a contender.

03-09-2003, 09:30 AM
the z 400 is blown out, the 400 handles better from what i hear, the rear suspension linkage doesnt lift the rear into the air on the 400ex,the swingarm doesnt crack as easily on 400ex, the axle doesnt bend as easily on 400ex hmm 3 or 4 hp more in z 400 than a 400ex stock for stock and the z 400 is liquid i still would rather have a 400ex

zroost
03-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Where do you get ur info freeride...swingarm cracking? first for me..I understand you guys are partial to the honda..thats great.
The major mags say these things because look at all the ads suzuki has in them.. They have to blow things up...Think about it.
I only believe in what i see personally. And anyway with all these mods we can do to our quads..my saying He who has more $$$
can have the fastest,reliable 1st place quad...No bashing just ride.
I tell you what if we met up on the track,I would ride w/you no matter what you rode........we are all one in the same sport

03-09-2003, 09:48 AM
i got it from aftermarket shop

zroost
03-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Is there alot of reported cases of this.. i would seriously like to know where you read this...Just because this is the first I ever heard of this...can you send me a link please...thanks

03-09-2003, 09:54 AM
:huh what is the diff and i didnt see it on the net, if u want proof i dont have go look at a quadracer...same swingarm basically

its a quad dont be so upset

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:02 AM
Sorry freeride...dnk what the *#*# you are talking about. And who is upset? I was seriously wanting to know so I could check on this..you heard it from a honda rider didnt you?

freakystone
03-09-2003, 10:09 AM
I think the biggest problem is perception... Perception of how fast is "faster". To many people line up a few quads for a drag race to determine which is better. That is such a p!ss poor judgement.

When I had my 400EX, a buddy of mine had a piped and jetted Mojave and my brother had a piped and jetted Warrior. In a drag race of about 150 yards, the stock 400EX beat the Mojave by about 2 yards and the Warrior was a yard ot so behind that.

It would be easy for the owners of the Mojave and Warrior to say how the 400EX was joke. How it should have beat them by more.

Get real people. The Z beats the EX. It should.

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by freakystone
I think the biggest problem is perception... Perception of how fast is "faster". To many people line up a few quads for a drag race to determine which is better. That is such a p!ss poor judgement.

When I had my 400EX, a buddy of mine had a piped and jetted Mojave and my brother had a piped and jetted Warrior. In a drag race of about 150 yards, the stock 400EX beat the Mojave by about 2 yards and the Warrior was a yard ot so behind that.

It would be easy for the owners of the Mojave and Warrior to say how the 400EX was joke. How it should have beat them by more.

Get real people. The Z beats the EX. It should. Well spoken freakystone

03-09-2003, 10:15 AM
no...i told u i heard it from a aftermarket dealer, he knows what people buy so i take his word for it, i myself wouldnt buy a suzuki, especially if during testing they ddint figure out they screwed up on the swingarm/linkage geometry

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Oh boy,,,one shop told you this...they can change all thinking HUH?

03-09-2003, 10:20 AM
ok one z 400 rider told me it doesnt ? so ill beleive u, stop defending your z 400 like its your mother, every quad has flaws

besides how do i know u just dont go out and trail rider and couldnt break your machine if your tried?

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:28 AM
Im sorry didnt know I was talking to a kid. You couldnt hold my helmet kid....On the trails or track....enough of this w/u have fun I bet my daughter could out-run you.....oh no dont be mad..
Its all fun to you lose.......

03-09-2003, 10:30 AM
lol there is another person who shouldnt be on the internet:rolleyes:

03-09-2003, 10:35 AM
here is a pic of me, all i got is a fmf slip on and i weigh 240 and a z400 with a yoshi full system rider weighs about 150 and then look at that 250r out front....i guess thats why z 400 dont seem all that great to me:o

gonna start racing, need power pic is this thread in the exracing forum

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Your right...I shouldnt have stooped as low as you...I was just trying to get down to your level...take care no more from me to you...........you will always know what the back of a z looks like.

03-09-2003, 10:43 AM
oh....k.. u attacked me...i didnt attack u... all i said was u need to calm down and stop getting so mad becuase your quad has flaws and suddenly your poed and saying your daughter can beat me...some of u people need to calm down

how am i gonna see the back of a z 400 when im always ahead of em:confused: :confused:

BrianWrightR6
03-09-2003, 10:43 AM
Children, Children, Children....

http://exriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=295628

zroost
03-09-2003, 10:47 AM
Your right..I apologize......no hard feelings...It was just words.
be cool.........

Zuki
03-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Oh YEAH!? well i bet my dad can beat up your dad!!! :rolleyes: :huh

Stop flogging a dead horse, i mean, really!

zroost
03-09-2003, 11:19 AM
Hey zuki...we settled it...just got carried away in the moment.
no need for that input my dad can beat up ur dad!!! reall
it was all in fun

01TRX300EX
03-09-2003, 01:05 PM
Suzuki obviously did something right, there are a lot of riders switching over to the Z400, I remember going to my local track before the Z400 came out and seeing mostly 400EX's, now I see mostly Z400's, and they are winning, as well as the Raptors. Many of the pro's are also switching to Z400's, so 400EX riders, just admit that you have been beaten, I know its hard for you, but I think you can.

jamiesel
03-09-2003, 02:20 PM
I have a z400 (wifes), cannondale, 250r, and dads 400ex.

I have to say the z400 was a huge dissappointment. It helps very much to have a 13 in the front countershaft sprocket but a 400ex will still do better in hillclimbs. Zuki will win in a drag race on flat ground.

I have not done any other mods on the zuki yet nor have I decided to do so. I would have to say that the only thing I like better about the suzuki over 400ex is the reverse and water cooling.

On the 400ex I like the power and handling. I think the 400ex is better for super high speed over whoops in the sand. The z400 is too hard to get over the rear of it and it dives into the bumps. I think that is why they made the front end so light, but the light front end makes it hard to steer in the sand when you are light on power and cannot steer from the rear.

This all is just my opinion so please don't flame me if you dissagree. If you ask my oppinion, I prefer my dale and 250r altogether but find myself using the z400 because of the easy to use reverse and smoother relaxed riding.

BTW. I am the guy who flamed 4wheel atv action and was published on this subject title American pride in Febuary or Marches issue.

03-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by hotrodhonda400

I agree a little, but my motor is pretty wokred out to the bone and I just barely beat a stock z-400 with a pipe and tires.. it was wheelied a couple times and it zung down the staright.. they aitn that bad but there like a raptor.. somewhat powerful but tipsy, fast but never really need it.. and it's a suzuki :rolleyes:

jamiesel
03-09-2003, 02:30 PM
I agree a little, but my motor is pretty wokred out to the bone and I just barely beat a stock z-400 with a pipe and tires.. it was wheelied a couple times and it zung down the staright.. they aitn that bad but there like a raptor.. somewhat powerful but tipsy, fast but never really need it.. and it's a suzuki

Did you guys do any serious hillclimbs?

03-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by jamiesel
Did you guys do any serious hillclimbs?

this was a at a race track... if we did my r woulda beat it in a hillcimb i know it

Zuki
03-09-2003, 05:59 PM
Hey zuki...we settled it...just got carried away in the moment.
no need for that input my dad can beat up ur dad!!! reall
it was all in fun

k man. Take some humor in life, its a smart *** comment to break the tension. Mine was all in fun too, it was humorous making fun of ppl talking the same ol smack to each other. I think its funny as hell. but my dad can still beat up you dad!:p

ROGERS
03-09-2003, 10:34 PM
I didn't read all 3 pages of this thread, so someone may have already said something like this and I apoligize if I am just re-treading.

I have seen a few Z's at the track and I gueass I just haven't seen any good riders on them. :ermm: because they just dont seem to place and I pass them like they are standing still. They seem to be handling quite well in the corners (after you lose the stock tires) but I guess I havent seen anybody wring that DOHC Liquid cooled motor's neck for all it is worth. Until I do I will reserve my praise and just say at least it isn't air cooled!

I HAVE seen a stock Predator spanking some ***** and
I was impressed!:eek:

z400ACDC
03-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Zuki
k man. Take some humor in life, its a smart *** comment to break the tension. Mine was all in fun too, it was humorous making fun of ppl talking the same ol smack to each other. I think its funny as hell. but my dad can still beat up you dad!:p

Zuki, next time we ride, I will get my Dad to punch you in the face while I work on braking your leg's!:D

Zuki
03-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
Zuki, next time we ride, I will get my Dad to punch you in the face while I work on braking your leg's!:D

roflmao! touche good man touche. I'm gonna come back to KY sometime late spring early summer. I think we're trying to get a ride going sometime soon up in NC area. Kinda half way between me and KY. I'll let ya know what's going down.

zroost
03-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Zuki
k man. Take some humor in life, its a smart *** comment to break the tension. Mine was all in fun too, it was humorous making fun of ppl talking the same ol smack to each other. I think its funny as hell. but my dad can still beat up you dad!:p ..................my dad is deceased but i will step up and beat your dad and then you with a stock z exhaust. huh..how about that palzieeee........woooooohoooooooo

Zuki
03-10-2003, 07:56 PM
lol k palziieeeee! My dad's pry too old to beat up much of anyone, considering i'm 30. You'll get the meaning of life sooner or later;)

03-11-2003, 05:28 AM
you guys crack me up :huh

you should all know that drag racing doesnt take skill :rolleyes:

suzuki Z400
03-11-2003, 01:19 PM
I never bash the 400 Ex..I think it is a great machine..Just needs to be updated...As for suzuki taking honda ideas..you got it all wrong..Try doing a little reading on the Z and u will find out there is a ton of dif internally in the motor as well as all the frame and so on..tell me something that suzuki took from honda that they already didnt have? And of course after you read all the things that suzuki put uot to push there quad will be dramatized..who doesnt do that in advertising today...And as pushing the bike to its limit all the time like in a drag...you should ride with me sometime......

Same, 400ex is a great quad. IM a suzuki guy. But suzuki copied something that honda copied of of them. and every other company. Suzuki was the first to make four wheelers, and honda copied of of them. and the stuff that suzuki supposivly copied, was already a stolen idea.