PDA

View Full Version : fuel and water injection two strokes?

hartwill
08-09-2012, 09:04 PM
What are your thoughts on these? I think the fuel injection sounds great to me but I'm not too sure how this water injection stuff works..
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A24q08NVQVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y91Jms6MyCY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

87TRX310R
08-09-2012, 09:58 PM
I've been planning on doing a EFI 431 Puma build when ever ESR has the cases done.

Honda 250r 001
08-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Man that 500 pulls down low. It sounds like its got even power all the way though! Now as far as keeping things simple, the way I see it, EFI is going backwards. Its more complicated. But if it were too complicated, I guess cars would stil have carbs on them. Someday they will all be EFI, IMO. may be 50 years from now though.

As far as the water injection/alcohol injection. I dont quite understand how adding water could improve horse power? Are all alcohol systems ran that way and the FI is just a way to make it more crisp? Or is the water part of it old news?

Motofool250r
08-12-2012, 02:35 AM
its all about cooling the intake charge.
a little bit of water or alcohol drops the temps to make it create more horsepower.

it works best on turbo cars who superheat the intake air by compressing it. or deisels anything with compressed air or super hot ambient air.

from what ive been told the tuned port injection is not making more power then the carb at this point for our applications.

i plan to have a go at it next year or the year after.

Uns
08-12-2012, 12:55 PM
It always seemed to me that setups like these are doomed to fail, or at least will never give you reasonable returns that, say, going .5mm up on a bore wouldn't return you. Not to mention the downside of putting water in your crankcase.

I'd save that space for N2O... Put THAT in your fuel stream to "cool" it, and really make some power!