PDA

View Full Version : What the heck...captcha??

CJM
08-09-2012, 05:53 PM
Why on earth do I need to suddenly enter a stupid phrase I can barely read to make a post????

What possible purpose could this serve except to annoy people.???

HondaRacing83
08-09-2012, 07:05 PM
i was just about to post this thread, wtf

quad2xtreme
08-09-2012, 07:10 PM
took me 3 tries to insult somebody in another thread. :p

CJM
08-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Im surprised there arent more complaints!

3x tried to post this, I wouldnt mind it so much if I COULD READ THE DANG THING.

Im not one to usually complain but this really is bad. I noticed the posts are way down since today..wonder why?

ben300
08-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Im surprised there arent more complaints!

3x tried to post this, I wouldnt mind it so much if I COULD READ THE DANG THING.

Im not one to usually complain but this really is bad. I noticed the posts are way down since today..wonder why?

its annoying as hell...the one im responding too right now, th first word, i cant even make out what it is...i know eth last letter is "e" but its like half cut out by the top of the box...

if this is how the forum is gonna go, and this is the only forum i belong to that seems to have done this..then well...ill be spending A LOT less time here

chucked
08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Ive given up entering replies twice today, there arent more complaints because people give up
On the damn thing.

junior636
08-09-2012, 08:43 PM
This isn't a super busy site but its been dead all day...i have never seen a spam post on here. Whats the point other than to drive people away, took me five trys to post a thread earlier, I refreshed the captcha box to get new words I couldn't figure it out. This sucks!

Admin
08-09-2012, 09:17 PM
The captcha code for posting will be removed very soon, and I am sorry for the issues. It will only remain for those creating a new account to stop hundreds of spammers daily.

Pappy
08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Working now I see:D

I didnt know there was an issue until I got called today....the software upgrade for new member activation i reckon got into the forums...glad its fixed!

Scro
08-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Working now I see:D

I didnt know there was an issue until I got called today....the software upgrade for new member activation i reckon got into the forums...glad its fixed!

Good thing it was fixed before you got here. The youngun's could barely read them. All you old farts damn sure didn't stand a chance. :D

CJM
08-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks Pappy and Harlen.

I didnt mean to complain, but dang it was near impossible to read them!

:D

Pappy
08-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I've been pushing for the automated registration and they finally got it, but the feller doing the work made it do the forum as well which did suck I bet!

Now, even those with gmail accounts can register instantly. I know I had to have them turned off due to the incredibly high number of spambots using the gmail.....it was a wee bit crazy!

CJM
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM
So Ken, you mean I can actually use my gmail account now as my email...FINALLY????

edit: hallelujah it works!

Pappy
08-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Yup

When gmail got hacked, spambots were creating new members by the hundreds. Since the site was still using manual activation (namely me) we had no choice but to demand gmail be barred. You would complete 100 members and refresh and another 100 were there waiting LOL.

It sucked for all involved, but not in my hands. I am just glad they finally have it fixed and rolling along.

CJM
08-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Yikes.. sounds like a horrible time.

Glad its all sorted out!

OldGuyonaQuad
08-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks Ken,
hey we are trying to get a group together for a trip to Trvorton early Sept 1st or second weekend after Labor Day, do you have any free time?

&

How is cody making out, havent seen much of you lately...was ready to put your face on a milk carton ;)

Pappy
08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Brimstone then back to the GNCC series so I am booked it seems.

Cody is doing great, getting ready for boot camp.

We have all been working so much there hasn't been time to play on the forums LOL! I have been covering both the MX and GNCC's (Bikes too) so my workload has been a bit busier this season!

OldGuyonaQuad
08-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Tell Cody gl and ty

Let me know if you have anything in late October I will probably ride every third week or so as long as the weather is decent.