PDA

View Full Version : got to vent here...

troybilt
08-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I ordered a set maier of plastics from a well known atv distribution company, initials are DK.. I got sick of waiting on Fullbore to get off their arse. Anyway, to start off, this was back in early July and UPS lost the plastic, not sure how you lose something like plastic. So 3 weeks later and a trace they found them and shipped them from the forwarding location. Well they finally arrived today, completely destroyed imo. Look used. This whole time I gave the distribution company the benefit of the doubt on the plastic thinking UPS screwed up. Well it turns out they didn't even box them up, just slapped a shipping label and taped them together all to save on shipping. Ridiculous! Who doesn't box up fenders when they ship them? Seriously? So now I have to ship them back and wait for a refund.

Talked to Fullbore today, and they don't have any immediate plans to make plastic for the 250r.

Sorry had to vent, getting sick of this crap.

trx250r1
08-08-2012, 04:52 PM
as money management guru clark howard says, "CUSTOMER NO SERVICE!"

dlunn
08-08-2012, 05:18 PM
I do the purchasing for my work and I've seen my fair share of poorly package items. Ordered a $30000 price of equipment only to find out the shipper never bolted it down to the skid which doesn't work too well with ocean shipping.

I've been waiting quite a while to get some new full bore's but at this point new oem is easier to get a hold of just more expensive.

troybilt
08-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by dlunn
I do the purchasing for my work and I've seen my fair share of poorly package items. Ordered a $30000 price of equipment only to find out the shipper never bolted it down to the skid which doesn't work too well with ocean shipping.

I've been waiting quite a while to get some new full bore's but at this point new oem is easier to get a hold of just more expensive.

You might be waiting along time for fullbores...

It just ticks me off that they offer "free shipping" but then not box the stuff up, basically they told me they just take their chances with the shipping company. These fenders literally look like they have been shipped around the world about 4 times, each time it makes it to someone they go thru all of the bs with them and then ship the fenders back.

C-LEIGH RACING
08-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Probably aint no telling how many different customers those fenders have been shipped to. They will be on e bay next.

Why dont you guys just check with Lakers Custom Plastics.
That black set on my daughters 350R, 4 years old & still look new, but I have a trick to keep them that way :p .
Neil

danhung11
08-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I have a big box that I've been saving for quite some time, they would fit a set of plastics in them if you were planning to ship them back... :D

Sorry dude, feel your pain man!

hontrx265r
08-08-2012, 08:57 PM
The thing I don't like about laker is they only offer the narrow rear, and they stick out more by the tank so if your tall they grab your boots

troybilt
08-09-2012, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
The thing I don't like about laker is they only offer the narrow rear, and they stick out more by the tank so if your tall they grab your boots

What do you mean narrow rear? I was thinking of going with laker for the time being until fullbore gets their crap figured out if ever.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by danhung11
I have a big box that I've been saving for quite some time, they would fit a set of plastics in them if you were planning to ship them back... :D

Sorry dude, feel your pain man!

haha.... heck no, I'm sending that crap back they way it came to me.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Probably aint no telling how many different customers those fenders have been shipped to. They will be on e bay next.

Why dont you guys just check with Lakers Custom Plastics.
That black set on my daughters 350R, 4 years old & still look new, but I have a trick to keep them that way :p .
Neil

I think I'm going to try them next. My issue is I have a FWC hood Jay made for me that I wanted to use...

etccb
08-09-2012, 06:37 AM
That is a real bummer about the fullbore's. I was very happy with my last set and swore that I would never get anything else.

bananas
08-09-2012, 06:46 AM
Not good at all. I'm almost finished with a new build and I need a set..........

Troy

croat1
08-09-2012, 07:08 AM
hate to here about your bad luck on the maiers.....as if we don't have enough problems getting parts for our bikes. should have been a no brainer to ship them the right way.

did you get the old "check back in 6 weeks" response from fullbore? i have been calling and emailing them every 6 weeks for the last year and i get the same old response. i even offered to pre pay in full (2 complete full fendered sets). i wonder if the advertisers on the other site would consider some kind of group buy...i know....the group buy never seems to work.

does anyone live near the fullbore shop??? stop in and put some pressure on them (if possible). i just need some fullbores!!!

troybilt
08-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by croat1
hate to here about your bad luck on the maiers.....as if we don't have enough problems getting parts for our bikes. should have been a no brainer to ship them the right way.

did you get the old "check back in 6 weeks" response from fullbore? i have been calling and emailing them every 6 weeks for the last year and i get the same old response. i even offered to pre pay in full (2 complete full fendered sets). i wonder if the advertisers on the other site would consider some kind of group buy...i know....the group buy never seems to work.

does anyone live near the fullbore shop??? stop in and put some pressure on them (if possible). i just need some fullbores!!!

He Joe, I talked to Jay at FWC. He knows the guys at Fullbore pretty well and is a dealer for them, anyway they didn't and wouldn't give an ETA on 250r stuff. It didn't sound good for us to be real honest. I'd put FB making 250r fenders again about 50-60%

troybilt
08-09-2012, 07:16 AM
I didn't want maiers to begin with, I was just sick of the run around on the FB stuff.

I'm going to call laker today and see what my options are.

etccb
08-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Is fullbore just busy making plastics for other atv's or are they making more money doing something out of the sport?

troybilt
08-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by etccb
Is fullbore just busy making plastics for other atv's or are they making more money doing something out of the sport?

I'm not sure. I think they only do the atv stuff as a side gig. I know some distributers have several 10-20 sets ea. on order and they still haven't done anything. They probably only do about 1 run a year and when that inventory dries up it can be 6-mo or better before they make another run.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Talked to Laker Custom... got some good news and some bad news.

Good news is they are taking orders for 250r plastic, bad news is they are backed up with orders and are out 4-6 weeks.

Remind me again why I built a 250r??

D Bergstrom
08-09-2012, 09:44 AM
I feel your pain Troy. I really wanted a set of silver Fullbores for my new build. Tried to order a set end of last year, distributor wouldn't take the order because Fullbore couldn't give him a date on when they would have them available. I actually called Fullbore directly, and they did seem less then interested to make plastics.

By then Maier quit making silver plastics, so my only option was Laker. Like you, I want to run a carbon fiber hood, but no one makes one for Laker plastics. At that point, figured I would just continue to use my old Maier white plastics, but I really want silver!

Might try Rocky Mountain ATV for Maiers, they seem to have them is stock and offer free shipping. Although last time I ordered platics from them, they did the same, just put a label on the plastic bag and shipped them. No issues, but I am only 1 shipping day away from them, who knows what they would have looked like if they spent a few days in a truck.

Doug

troybilt
08-09-2012, 09:54 AM
I was talking to J @ FWC and there was some interest in making a hood for the lakers, not saying they will do it, but its not off the table at this point, if there was more interest it would certainly help our case. It might be our best option at this point.

I know FB has really gotten into doing commercial thermoplastic forming and the atv stuff has kind of taken a back seat. Laker seemed enthusiastic but she said they have been swamped with orders lately and it was going to be awhile until they did the 250r stuff.

RMATV, I just can't fathom them shipping without a box, just seems like common sense to me. When I ordered a set from Maier directly some years back, 3-4 or so, the fronts anyway I got came in a box.

250Renvy
08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by troybilt

Remind me again why I built a 250r??

This was the whole reason I had my frame built for 400ex plastic. Some may say they don't look as good or whatever, but they are cheap and easy to get.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I've thought the same, if I wouldn't have bought or built a custom seat, tank, and hood I would do the same. I liked the 400X plastic better, but OEM for all that is around 800, I checked into it last night on Service Honda website.

etccb
08-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I would like to see one with the new style 400x plastic on it.

D Bergstrom
08-09-2012, 12:12 PM
RMATV, I just can't fathom them shipping without a box, just seems like common sense to me. When I ordered a set from Maier directly some years back, 3-4 or so, the fronts anyway I got came in a box.

This was the only time thay have ever done it, but it is also the first time I have ordered fenders from them in years. End of last year, RMATV did stop using UPS to ship to me, they use some shipping company that I have never heard of. (They usually show up at my door in a pickup truck!) Maybe because of the company they figured they could stop using a box?

Doug

etccb
08-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
, they use some shipping company that I have never heard of. (They usually show up at my door in a pickup truck!) Maybe because of the company they figured they could stop using a box?

Doug

That sounds like Golden State Overnight. They show up here in a beat up mini truck with a camper shell.

sand_blaster
08-09-2012, 12:56 PM
I called fullbore three weeks ago about a 250r chrome tank cover, he was all for me placing a order for one but it would take maybe 6-8 weeks :(
So hopfully they start making a run of plastics soon to!

danhung11
08-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Please don't put 400EX plastics on your Laeger, that's like making a super hot chick wear baggy sweatpants. I can check with my contact back home if you want.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Please don't put 400EX plastics on your Laeger, that's like making a super hot chick wear baggy sweatpants. I can check with my contact back home if you want.

By all means check. I have cash in hand literally for a new set of white race cut fullbores or Lakers.

250Renvy
08-09-2012, 02:08 PM
I liked the 400X plastic better, but OEM for all that is around 800, I checked into it last night on Service Honda website.

I considered going that route, as the seat is supposed to be very good on those. However I bought all my plastics and seat for $300 Oem. If you can get the hood from a 250R to fit, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from afar.

Stupid recaptcha - argh. 3x to post.

danhung11
08-09-2012, 02:19 PM
I just talked to him, he called several Tucker Rocky DC's and they are special order. He tried to place the order, and it was rejected. He then called his contact, and they told him that part number was discontinued.

Doesn't Carlos have some in stock?

BTW - this new spam recraptcha is irritating....

troybilt
08-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I just talked to him, he called several Tucker Rocky DC's and they are special order. He tried to place the order, and it was rejected. He then called his contact, and they told him that part number was discontinued.

Doesn't Carlos have some in stock?

BTW - this new spam recraptcha is irritating....

No, Last I talked to Carlos they didn't have any left, 3-4 weeks ago. I'm telling you the feeling I'm getting is the 250r FB stuff is discontinued.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks for checking Dan!

DnB_racing
08-09-2012, 04:31 PM
its getting to the point of not running any plastic at all,

this way we dont ruin 1000 dollars worth of plastic in one ride in the trails

Troy I know you dabble in graphics, im curious if you know if there is such a thing as clear graphics? or what the material they use is?

im looking for something that is basically a real thick clear protection for the plastic,

this way we could run our expensive plastic and keep it looking almost new for as long as the outer protection lasts

Motofool250r
08-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Dad just ordered Blue that said in stock now i gotta see if he mean 6-8weeks before instock

87TRX310R
08-09-2012, 04:39 PM
This is why I gave up on FB and only buy Laker and asked J about a hood and he said they have no plans of anything for the Laker. I do have an old QuadTech hood that looks like it will fit I'll have to see. DAMN CAPTCHA CRAP GET RID OF IT

87TRX310R
08-09-2012, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by DnB_racing
its getting to the point of not running any plastic at all,

this way we dont ruin 1000 dollars worth of plastic in one ride in the trails

Troy I know you dabble in graphics, im curious if you know if there is such a thing as clear graphics? or what the material they use is?

im looking for something that is basically a real thick clear protection for the plastic,

this way we could run our expensive plastic and keep it looking almost new for as long as the outer protection lasts

Yes you can get opticly clear vinyl with graphics and an overlaminate. Basically you want a full wrap, I've done a few cars but a quad that's tough. There's alot of curve's it can be done but real time consuming

Motofool250r
08-09-2012, 04:50 PM
clear bra, clear vinyl over the top.

its not that expensive at the custom car shops to wrap you plastic.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Does anyone have an older set of front Laker plastic? ...Jay can use for a mold for hood?

I'm not sure what the clear stuff is called. Can they be dipped with a clear coat or something?

The other thought I had would be doing a full set of Carbon Fiber fenders. I know pricey, but better than OEM and cheaper at this point.

troybilt
08-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Barry,

Have you looked at 3M DI-NOC for covering you're fenders?

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/architectural-markets/home/products/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GG2E0IM3L89RI1CV5000000_nid=CL7BTPD NPQbeVFJMDLXHJ8gl

DnB_racing
08-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Barry,

Have you looked at 3M DI-NOC for covering you're fenders?

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/architectural-markets/home/products/?PC_7_RJH9U5230GG2E0IM3L89RI1CV5000000_nid=CL7BTPD NPQbeVFJMDLXHJ8gl I haven't seen that one yet EDIT::: yes I did see that type only a different website, it looks doable, it would be nice to get a chance to save or even redo a old set to be new looking again

ive been looking at a couple websites, but its hard to tell much about how hard they are to work with, Im going to get in contact with DDrslapp,he is located real near me,
his kits use the wrap type and i think he might be able to steer me in the right direction

87TRX310R
08-09-2012, 09:50 PM
The real problem doing the wrap on a quad is folding the edges cause there's no way to protect the edges from debris and preasure washing getting underneth it and loosening the edge. Its not like a car where you have seams that you can fold into for protection to prevent lifting unless you plan on just hand washing.

Allison55ex'er
08-10-2012, 01:34 AM
Would it be possible for Jay at Fourwerx to make plastic? I know that them new 450R carbon shrouds he has out are a pretty big piece and they look amazing. How sweet would it be to have fullbore style plastics with your choice of front hood molded in. I love the look of Fullbore's but it's time for something new. Let's give are hard earned money to someone that still care's about the sport and the 250R!

tbone250r
08-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Well post a # to reach FullBore and we can all keep calling. Show them that there is a big interest in their 250r plastic. I really need a set of full fendered red

I just don't understand how hard it is to make plastic???

etccb
08-10-2012, 02:36 PM
503-261-1418
Due to forum rules I do not believe that we can post phone numbers for non paying advertisers on here, however with the mission for this thread maybe it will be ok. Any mod that sees this and feels it should not be here please delete.

tbone250r
08-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I found it anyways. I sent them a nice email tryin to convince them to start making them lol.

Motofool250r
08-10-2012, 02:55 PM
told us 3 weeks for blue plastic should be here about now

red88r
08-10-2012, 11:12 PM
By all means check. I have cash in hand literally for a new set of white race cut fullbores or Lakers.

I thought you bought that set from jjohns5? When I passed on them he said you were next in line. Now that I here all of this I should have bought them....might not get a set now? Fullbore's look the best imo.

troybilt
08-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by red88r
I thought you bought that set from jjohns5? When I passed on them he said you were next in line. Now that I here all of this I should have bought them....might not get a set now? Fullbore's look the best imo.

They weren't in stock... like he thought. BVC had to order them and got the same story everyone else has been getting. SO BVC refunded him and he refunded me.

troybilt
08-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Talked to Carlos and he had a conversation with Fullbore and it sounds like there is some staffing issues and other internal problems. But he's trying to get this squared away for us...

croat1
08-11-2012, 01:06 PM
troy: thanks for the work your putting into the "project". i am ready to purchase 3 sets of fenders: 2 white and 1 red (full fendered versions.

to all interested....keep up inquiring with fullbore: calls and emails. we have to let them know we are still here.

tbone250r: where are you located in NE ohio? i'm in seven hills (just south of cleveland).

red88r
08-11-2012, 04:51 PM
They weren't in stock... like he thought. BVC had to order them and got the same story everyone else has been getting. SO BVC refunded him and he refunded me.

Well that sucks. That was a cheap price on those. Too bad it didn't pan out. I want to get a red,grey, and a white set. That's all I want for Christmas!:D

tbone250r
08-13-2012, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by croat1
troy: thanks for the work your putting into the "project". i am ready to purchase 3 sets of fenders: 2 white and 1 red (full fendered versions.

to all interested....keep up inquiring with fullbore: calls and emails. we have to let them know we are still here.

tbone250r: where are you located in NE ohio? i'm in seven hills (just south of cleveland).

Im in Columbia Station, bordering Strongsville. I keep finding people from NE Ohio who ride R's. We need to put our resources together

ryanowarrior
08-13-2012, 08:02 AM
This thread makes me wonder if I should just put up my new set for the time bein :(

Motofool250r
08-15-2012, 07:23 PM
we called a week ago, for blue as repeat customers and he ran them yesterday and shipped same day.

got them today

dont know what the deal is fullbore on the 3 times ive ordered has taken care of us pretty well.

troybilt
08-15-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm hearing differently, must of had blue on hand.

Motofool250r
08-15-2012, 07:31 PM
troy i have a set of White in damn good duner style shap small burn on the pipe even with heat shield on it i could let go as i just ordered up some airbrushed fullbores from AZ

hit me up if you need it badly

troybilt
08-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks! If nothing comes available I'll hit you up forsure. At this point I'm just working to finish my bike by the Indy show. Not going to make the Sept trip due to family stuff.

Motofool250r
08-15-2012, 07:38 PM
or if all else fails i can call fullbore for ya and see if i get a different response, what color u wanting? race/or full fender

dlunn
08-15-2012, 07:55 PM
Motofool I'm looking for white, would take just about any color.

croat1
08-16-2012, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Motofool250r
or if all else fails i can call fullbore for ya and see if i get a different response, what color u wanting? race/or full fender

hey motofool:
if you wouldn't mind....can you please check for me also:
looking to purchase full fendered sets (a set of each in red and white).

thanks
joe

JOHNNY FIVE
08-25-2012, 05:29 PM
So heres the deal.I went into fullbore a couple days to see if i had any chance to get a set of race cut black,and to clear up some confusion i had.Right now he he has material to do blue,or orange.He told me its about a 6 week waiting period to make a set.Heres the bad,he told because that since 2008 the atv market has gone down hill.So basically that is why they dont keep plastic in stock.At this point they have no schedule or eta to make anymore plastic,but he did say there trying to get stuff figured out with some dealers,to where there is enough product going out,then he can justify purchasing the material.So,basically he has to buy a minimom amount of material,which at this point is way more than he can get rid of without sitting on it for two years.Thought id spread the word.

87TRX310R
08-25-2012, 07:03 PM
I can understand not stocking plastic but not having a stock of raw material for any type of plastic is a good way of going out of business and to take 6 weeks to make a set is just crazy. I know Laker doesn't stock plastic but when they get an order they make it and you have it within 2 weeks.

wilkin250r
08-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm willing to buy a set of black plastics. I don't mind waiting 6 weeks if I knew for a fact it was indeed coming, and not just blowing sunshine up my arse.

Might be interested in white as well.

JOHNNY FIVE
08-25-2012, 11:17 PM
The only colors you can get now is blue or orange and would be waiting 6 weeks.The other colors black,white,red,or silver at this point will not have,until he can find enough dealers to buy from them,before theyll put in an order for new material.So it could be some time .Im saying screw it,and going with maier cause it sounds like it could be a long time.

dustinshuler
08-26-2012, 06:24 AM
You guys should just start liking maker because I talked to Grant on friday and he told me pretty much the same thing. He also said to me that even if he had the money to buy the raw material he's not sure he would do it. I asked him how much the material would cost thinking some guy could get the money together for the material and he could work with us. Let's face it its just not going to happen.

croat1
08-26-2012, 07:25 AM
i just don't get it....what is he doing running one set at a time???
i have called and emailed him numerous times over the past year ready to purchase. BDT was selling race cut sets on ebay and those all sold. fullbore vendors take an order and the order is then cancelled due to fullbores issues with delivery dates. great business practice. WOW!

look at what ZMPerformance did...was able to get maier to make fenders in fighting red from maier again. the first run of those is sold out. they are working on a second run right now.

keep up hammering fullbore with emails and phone calls!!!

dunatic
08-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by JOHNNY FIVE
So heres the deal.I went into fullbore a couple days to see if i had any chance to get a set of race cut black,and to clear up some confusion i had.Right now he he has material to do blue,or orange.He told me its about a 6 week waiting period to make a set.Heres the bad,he told because that since 2008 the atv market has gone down hill.So basically that is why they dont keep plastic in stock.At this point they have no schedule or eta to make anymore plastic,but he did say there trying to get stuff figured out with some dealers,to where there is enough product going out,then he can justify purchasing the material.So,basically he has to buy a minimom amount of material,which at this point is way more than he can get rid of without sitting on it for two years.Thought id spread the word.

sad that people will just go buy a new bike, rather then spend the money to fix or restore one now a days

2k2ss
08-27-2012, 07:07 AM
I guess I'll give my money to Maier then!

wilkin250r
08-28-2012, 01:33 AM
I know how the world works, lots of people say they want parts, but when the time comes very few of them are actually willing to part with their money. Big talk, no action.

I wonder if a little action would make a difference. I'm not willing to throw full price out based on a hope, but I'm certainly willing to throw down 20% right now to show I'm serious. I wonder if a little up-front cash (perhaps from several buyers?) would be enough to get the ball rolling.

troybilt
08-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
I know how the world works, lots of people say they want parts, but when the time comes very few of them are actually willing to part with their money. Big talk, no action.

I wonder if a little action would make a difference. I'm not willing to throw full price out based on a hope, but I'm certainly willing to throw down 20% right now to show I'm serious. I wonder if a little up-front cash (perhaps from several buyers?) would be enough to get the ball rolling.

Possibly, but I know several of us have put full price down for several sets and that didn't matter. They need money for about 30 sets for each color up front... from what I'm hearing.

C-LEIGH RACING
08-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Fullbore is high quality for sure & lots of people like the product, but sounds like from all these post, they are wanting customers to foot their bill to keep their business open.

If I started a business, it would be up to me to have the moneys needed to operate that business, plus I would need to produce a quality product in the first place, that a customer would want keep using & be repete customers later, so it would all be on me to produce & to have on hand those products to sell.

Remember what Della Reese said in Harlem Nights, who done drunk up all the orange juice & I got my mouth set on orange juice.
Well wheres the moneys they made earlier, to keep the business operating, that they could use to produce a few more sets or 250R fenders, AND, if they got no materials to produce the 250R products, then they sure cant produce anything for any other atv, so is that company out of business because of no materials to use.
Neil

etccb
08-28-2012, 08:12 AM
I can understand that the cost involved with giving everyone the color that they would like to have may not work for their business in these times. I just wish that they could say here I have white and red or just white. Like Henry Ford used to say "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's black." I really liked their race cuts on my duner and something neutral that most of us could work with would be better then nothing from them. They need to have something to sell besides blue and orange. Maybe they are going to close the doors but they are using up what material they have left.
Bummer!

troybilt
08-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Fullbore is high quality for sure & lots of people like the product, but sounds like from all these post, they are wanting customers to foot their bill to keep their business open.

If I started a business, it would be up to me to have the moneys needed to operate that business, plus I would need to produce a quality product in the first place, that a customer would want keep using & be repete customers later, so it would all be on me to produce & to have on hand those products to sell.

Remember what Della Reese said in Harlem Nights, who done drunk up all the orange juice & I got my mouth set on orange juice.
Well wheres the moneys they made earlier, to keep the business operating, that they could use to produce a few more sets or 250R fenders, AND, if they got no materials to produce the 250R products, then they sure cant produce anything for any other atv, so is that company out of business because of no materials to use.
Neil

All purely speculation at this point, but I don't think it is fair to throw FB completely under the bus. It is just the fact that demand for 250r stuff is dropping and it takes too long to use up inventory so they have to carry that "cost".... So basically they'd rather spend there money on stuff that makes them money not for the betterment of 250r-kind... Can't fault them for trying to make money. It just sucks for us, however, all may not be lost.

danhung11
08-28-2012, 08:55 AM
All purely speculation at this point, but I don't think it is fair to throw FB completely under the bus. It is just the fact that demand for 250r stuff is dropping and it takes too long to use up inventory so they have to carry that "cost".... So basically they'd rather spend there money on stuff that makes them money not for the betterment of 250r-kind... Can't fault them for trying to make money. It just sucks for us, however, all may not be lost.

It seems this is the most logical if you were running a business. Just think, the 250R fullbore plastics probably dominated the industry for at least 20 years with 250R's and hybrid platforms. That said, if that market decreased by 75%, would you really continue making these if you were the business owner? Similar to HardKor hubs, American Honda, QuadTech etc. The profits/demand are just not at great as once before. Sad to say, sure - but it is what it is no matter how much we rant about it.

etccb
08-28-2012, 10:03 AM
I can understand having to wait for a run of the 250r molds but the color problem seems strange. All of the products that they make for atv's and utv's are only available in blue and orange? Tuff deal there.

tbone250r
08-28-2012, 10:22 AM
It seems this is the most logical if you were running a business. Just think, the 250R fullbore plastics probably dominated the industry for at least 20 years with 250R's and hybrid platforms. That said, if that market decreased by 75%, would you really continue making these if you were the business owner? Similar to HardKor hubs, American Honda, QuadTech etc. The profits/demand are just not at great as once before. Sad to say, sure - but it is what it is no matter how much we rant about it.

I don't necessarily agree with that. I'm assuming FullBore already has the molds/tools necessary to do the job. All they have to do is simple, just get materials and make them.

I guarantee among the R community we have AT LEAST 50 sets that we would buy right now if we could. And that's a safe estimate. So at this point, isn't it just pure profit for them?

danhung11
08-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by tbone250r
I don't necessarily agree with that. I'm assuming FullBore already has the molds/tools necessary to do the job. All they have to do is simple, just get materials and make them.

I guarantee among the R community we have AT LEAST 50 sets that we would buy right now if we could. And that's a safe estimate. So at this point, isn't it just pure profit for them?

I don't think it would be pure profits, as they have to order pellets in certain colors probably say enough material to have 100 sets of each color - that's a lot of coin. On top of that, their DC's are making something off of these. The three sets of FullBores I have bought have been from my local parts store back home, the dealership makes money, the DC makes money, and Full Bores have to make money. So how much profit do you think Full Bore really makes on a set of plastics, if they sell them for $550? On top of that, the 50 of your estimation is not all going to be the same color. That is probably why they have blue and orange in stock, because they still have material left.

Full Bore is a business that's been around for a while, they make tough business decisions whether we like it, or not.

troybilt
08-28-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't think it would be pure profits, as they have to order pellets in certain colors probably say enough material to have 100 sets of each color - that's a lot of coin. On top of that, their DC's are making something off of these. The three sets of FullBores I have bought have been from my local parts store back home, the dealership makes money, the DC makes money, and Full Bores have to make money. So how much profit do you think Full Bore really makes on a set of plastics, if they sell them for $550? On top of that, the 50 of your estimation is not all going to be the same color. That is probably why they have blue and orange in stock, because they still have material left.

Full Bore is a business that's been around for a while, they make tough business decisions whether we like it, or not.

You're exactly right from what I was told (hearsay at this point) there is a minimum order for pellets for each color, that are basically ~30 sets for each which also according to source is about ~2 years worth of inventory per color....

Basically when you boil all of it down we are screwed for the forseable future... so we probably see Fullbores right next to OEM's on ebay selling for 2000 bucks per set... :grr:

I should of bought the FB's when you did way back when... live and learn I guess.

tbone250r
08-28-2012, 11:34 AM
By pure profits i meant profits after the cost of materials and labor. Assuming that it doesn't take anymore R&D to develop 250r plastic, since they already have the templates (or whatever you want to call them).

White, red, black, blue, orange...whatever color it is. The same colors gotta be used on other bikes, not just the 250r. If they make a certain amount of red for the 450r, order a little extra for 250r?? Unless i'm missing something.

dunatic
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM
The raw plastic comes in approx 40"x40" sheets. Only the ATV parts are made from this size sheets. UTV bodies are much bigger.

They have to buy a minimum of each color per order and if they only have orders for say 20% of that order for a specific color, they wait.

Due to the dillution of business from makers such as Maier, One Industries, Polysport, ModQuad, UFO & Various oversears manufacturers it has caused FullBore to invest only in materials that will yield them the quickest return and highest profitability.

That coupled with the large number of new bikes being sold and those owners not investing in such upgrades, has slowed sales tremendously.

By the looks of their website, they have only Red in stock. Probably the highest sales color theyve made.

racer129
09-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Your information in this post has been deleted as it has been deemed advertising for which you are not entitled to do. Only paid advertisers of this site may openly advertise their products and or services. If you would like to become an advertiser on this website, please contact webmaster@atvriders.com via email.

While it is not our intention to prevent information on this website, we have to protect those that support our endeavors through payment for the right to advertise here. Your company doesnt exist on giving your product or service away for free, just as ours doesnt operate without expenses therefore we can not allow free advertising.

For a reminder to you, our rules are listed at the bottom of every page. Thank you for your understanding.

5. No commercial advertising of any sort, except for advertising for our sponsors/paid advertisers - including banners in posts, avatars, or signature lines, website addresses, phone numbers, or messages (public or private). This includes users advertising for different shops or companies. We enjoy all shops taking part in ATVriders but no contact information, including websites or phone numbers. The administrator alone will make the final decision on what is advertising but as a simple rule it covers all retail shops, chop shops, and product manufacturers big and small. Manufacturers are strongly encouraged to post information on their own products, but please no ads or prices. Violation of this rule will result in one warning and then a permanent ban.

bigmatt61
09-06-2012, 07:15 AM
What was he advertising? Plastic? If so, wasn't that what this whole thread was about?
And why not move it to the classifieds? We obviously are interested in any info we can get giving the interest in this thread about the lack of participation in manufacturing of plastic for our beloved R's.
Why kill it more? WTH?!

etccb
09-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Maybe he will repost without going to far against the rules? We can fill in the blanks with Bing and Google.

dlunn
09-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I think he was talking about Laker plastics.

D Bergstrom
09-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by dlunn
I think he was talking about Laker plastics.

You are right, saw the post last night. He gave Laker's phone number and gave a contact name.

Doug

dunatic
09-06-2012, 11:04 AM
that is not advertising. That is a direct reflection of an experience a member had. He does not work there, thus receives no direct benefit from mentioning the business. If they sponsor him, that was something they did before he posted here.

Now had he said "Lakers are the best, call me (im the owner or I work there), here is my phone number....that would be advertising. From that call a sale might be made and profit would flow directly into my pocket from the results of this post.

etccb
09-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Rules are rules. No phone number or email address is ok to understand. Copy n paste the name in bing or google and it will work the same.

wilkin250r
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Feel free to mention Laker, Fullbore, Maier, or any other manufacturer and your experiences with them, no problems at all. Sharing information is what this forum is about.

But a post like "I'm sponsered by XXX Racing, they're the best. Give them a call at 555-555-5555 and ask for John Smith" is crossing the line.

End of discussion.

09-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by tbone250r

Lol. Something we have to realize, is that there are only a couple dozen of us getting all fired up here about Fullbore fenders. Of those, maybe a few would order up a set of fenders tomorrow if available. That's the truth. Think Fullbore cares about a couple "maybe" orders? No.

If it was just "pure profit", we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.