PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Maryland?

springloaded
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Looking for places to ride near Odenton Maryland.

yfz48rdr
08-14-2012, 11:44 AM
Good luck... I used to ride odenton, laurel, mount airy, coca cola. All the spots have been developed, broken up by police, or flat out dangerous.. Had a freind who was shot and almost killed for his bike a few years ago. Riding in md sucks unless you know someone with property.
Your choices are pretty much easton mx, budds creek ( southern md atv park) , maybe a few miles in some state forests ( most have been closed). There was some guy in the waldorf area that was letting people ride on his 300 acres for $20 a day, but that was years ago.
Unfortunaty, if you have a quad in md, prepare to ride it out of state.

springloaded
08-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have been reading and Maryland sucks for rising. Sorry about your friend. Where do you go ride now out of state?

yfz48rdr
08-14-2012, 06:08 PM
I have been to busco beach most recently. Thats in north carolina. I dont get to go riding as much as id like due to work, baby, lack of local spots.. Blah blah. Pa has lots of state forests to ride in, ive been to micheaux. Its about 3.5 hrs from you. Breezewood is awesome for mx. Southern md atv park is ok for trails, keep you busy for a half a day. Its about an hour from you. Tracks there are awful. It also cost around $50. Next year im gonna get a permit for reading anthracite in pa. It seems the best place to ride within 3-4 hrs.
I have a buddy in edgewater, I usually scoop him up and run over the bridge to easton for mx. They just opened a few miles of trails. They are like $35 a day.