PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LTR idle problem

dxcody
08-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Ok it has a cherry bomb. HMF slip on.. i think thats about it as far as that goes. Mostly stock.

Anyways, took it to the shop to get the Valves adjusted. It ran before i took it, but it was running kinda crappy.

Well i got it back, put everything back together, replaced the white fuel filter under the tank in that little box thing.

Now when i start it, it will start with the choke on and run for about 3 seconds, then the idle slowly kicks down, further and further until it just dies. And it shuts off almost instantly when i take the choke off.

Well it saved me Close to $100 if i took the tank off, and the front plastic, tank cover etc when i took it to get the valves adjusted, So i know if i take it back to the shop, he is going to say "Well its nothing we did, it must be something you did putting it back together.."

Can you guys give me like a check list, to check before i send it to a different shop to have it fixed?

Like how do i check the fuel pump? etc etc.

Thanks for any advice in advance..

- Matt.

USAMoto00
08-14-2012, 12:11 AM
Check the fuel injector and regulator too. Swap with another if you have any handy, that's the quickest and easiest and you won't have to spend a ton to figure it out.

BigKidd
08-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Back flush your injector. Everytime you take the fuel system apart even if you are really clean and careful, stuff gets in the lines and the filter in the end of the injector catches it.
Been there done that.