PDA

View Full Version : Snowcross Racing

Quad18star
03-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Hey I was wondering if any of you guys race snowcross at all? Went and checked it out today cuz the tour is in town and the Company I work for ( Royal Distributing ) has a team of 3 riders and they each got 2 sleds per rider . Some of these guys are pretty sick . Some dude busted out on a Snow Hawk and that thing looks insane to ride . Its a dirtbike on a track and a single ski . Now after watching snowcross racing I wanna buy an MXZ Rev and bust big . Royal Distributing told me if I get another race quad that they'll sponsor me and let me use their 45 foot hauling trailer ( was the biggest one at the track this weekend ) and it's painted pretty sweet with Team Royal Distributing and Factory Recreation along with other sponsers written along the side of it . I'd post pics of the freestyle but it aint letting me post them . I'll try later on .

CHAUNCY
03-08-2003, 09:05 PM
sounds sweet. So you gonna get another race quad ???

03-08-2003, 09:11 PM
I have wathced it in ballston spa, ny a couple times.. loooks like alot of fun! trick snowmobiles too

loganB
03-08-2003, 10:48 PM
the snow hawks look sweet but are as slow as he$$ they are at the snowcross around here all the time.

DEAL
03-08-2003, 10:59 PM
A guy at my school races snowcross, He said he likes it almost as much as Motocross.

4TraxRider
03-09-2003, 08:19 AM
I've been racing snowcross for 2 years now. It is just as good as MX. It's a great winter pass time. Make sure if you race snowcross, get a ski-doo. They're the only way to go.:macho

K_Fulk
03-09-2003, 08:53 AM
I went to the WSA polaris canterbury snocross last year in shoakopee minnesota. It was pretty cool to watch but there is one problem. It was really cold.
I'm sure you would stay warm racing. How much do those sleds weigh anyways?

flyin#5
03-09-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
I went to the WSA polaris canterbury snocross last year in shoakopee minnesota. It was pretty cool to watch but there is one problem. It was really cold.
I'm sure you would stay warm racing. How much do those sleds weigh anyways?

its mn man.... its always cold as hell. me and my friends were out snowjumping last night and this morning in -10 degrees:macho

yesterday and friday they had snowcross at the ski place by my house. they have it on the steepest hill there and there is one big table no one can clear then they go up the hill then around the woods then back down... its pathetic.

j37
03-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Snowcross looks hard but also fun. The problem is snowmobiles are pretty expensive and you dont know if your going to get snow or not and they take up space. Id get a sled though but id rather get something else that I can use most of the year before I got a new sled.

03-09-2003, 10:50 AM
i want a sled but doubt ill be able to afford one next year since my quad always takes 1-2thousand to keep goin if i do get a sled i want a artic cat sno pro 440

Quad18star
03-09-2003, 09:40 PM
Lets see if these pics can be posted.

RideRed400StYlE
03-10-2003, 07:09 AM
I have some pictures from last years local snocross races from broome tioga. I will post them when I get home. I have some good wrecking pictures too. I was going to race this year, but the race got canceled because they didnt have enough people to race or somthing, so I m gunna try it out next year I think :rolleyes: I love sleds, and they arent a waste of money. I mean yeah you might not get alot of snow, but you dont have to go out and buy a $9000 sled either. I have a formula 500 that we payed $1500 for and it keeps up with every other sled around here. it runs awesome for what it is. I mean it doesnt compare to my stepdads mxzx800 or his buddies rev800, but thats an 800 vs a 500. it still holds its own against them in short races because it doesnt have too much power so it still hooks up, lol

Whatever tho. its all alot of fun. I am kinda sick of the snow already this year, I have spring fever. I just gotta finish my quad now and get ready for Rausch this year Cant wait!!

03-10-2003, 08:51 AM
Hey where were the races you went to? My sisters boyfriend used to race snocross but now hes straight oval track he has some sick snowmobiles. Arctic cat is the only way to go. no other.

Sparks425Ex
03-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Broome Tioga:

You race there? Cause I do.. Let em know if you do or when ya do adn we meet up...

Quad18star
03-10-2003, 04:32 PM
Let me try posting some more.

RideRed400StYlE
03-11-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Sparks425Ex
Broome Tioga:

You race there? Cause I do.. Let em know if you do or when ya do adn we meet up...

Yeah, I wanted to tryi it out this year, but I didnt get to. I was actually supposed to be working at the last race, because I have some connections to the owners of the track. I should be racing up there this year on the quad. well anyways heres some pictures I took at last years sno-cross No real big jumps, but a nice wreck picture.. lol

RideRed400StYlE
03-11-2003, 03:17 PM
Another one

RideRed400StYlE
03-11-2003, 03:18 PM
and one last one. I dont feel like scanning the rest of them because my scanner is crap, lol

Glow Plug
03-11-2003, 03:20 PM
nice pic's

QuAdRaCeR244
03-11-2003, 03:29 PM
nice pics, i think i saw that track on tv:ermm: i don't race snocross but i want to. all i do is ride around:(