PDA

View Full Version : 400ex ims pegs on an R?

nelzar13
08-01-2012, 08:11 AM
So I have a set of ims roll pegs left over from my 400ex I had before my R and was toying with the idea of making a bracket to make them work out on the r. Just wondering if Any one has ever tried this out? I mocked them up and the way they mount up has the front face of the ims peg sitting about a half an inch to the rear of the bike in relation to my stock slippery pegs.. right now I have a bracket being cnc'd that will use the stock two bolt holes on the R frame and has one more forward of those two holes to assist in mounting the ex ims pegs....

Thoughts?

nelzar13
08-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Link to the proposed bracket . the two holes on the right side are the ones that mount to the 86 frame. The center hole will serve as a mounting point for the rear peg hole, and the left hole will serve as peg mounting only with the right hole just mounting to the frame only. I was also thinking of doing a triangular gusset on the back side of the bracket to help strengthen it between the center and left holes, preventing the pegs from doping down?

So that's my game plan. I should have a test bracket made in a week or so to test on the bike.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o174/nelzar13/2012-07-24_10-14-33_961.jpg

GO OVRIT
08-02-2012, 07:57 PM
With the price of 250r ims pegs, I'd sure give it a shot. With my size foot though, I'd probably have to go with a shorter shifter.

nelzar13
08-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah that was my main drive behind this experiment. The high cost of pegs. I have big feet so id imagine it should work out fine

etccb
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
Make sure you do not get your rear edge too far back. You can see mine in the bottom of this photo. I am 6'3" and this location felt good. I put a lot of time and research into this peg that I had lew make for me to my specs. You can judge for yours if you like by looking at the pivot bolt, rear mounting bolt, etc. After some good riding time on them if I was going to do it again the only thing that I might change would be to maybe take another 1/4" off of the front edge leaving the rest as is.
Good luck.

hawaiiysr
08-03-2012, 02:21 PM
The thing i dont like about my Roll pegs is that the width is added to the front of the peg. I wear a 10 and i still need the extra room to shift. Im gonna have to get me a shroty shifter too.

nelzar13
08-03-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by etccb
Make sure you do not get your rear edge too far back. You can see mine in the bottom of this photo. I am 6'3" and this location felt good. I put a lot of time and research into this peg that I had lew make for me to my specs. You can judge for yours if you like by looking at the pivot bolt, rear mounting bolt, etc. After some good riding time on them if I was going to do it again the only thing that I might change would be to maybe take another 1/4" off of the front edge leaving the rest as is.
Good luck.

Thanks for the pic great looking pegs! Ill have to take a picture and compare my peg position to yours for ha ha's

Hawaiiysr- that's what I Luke about shifting mine back a hair. On a side note, are you on Oahu? Just wondering if you knew a Moto buddy of mine out there by the name of Zed.

Motofool250r
08-03-2012, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by hawaiiysr
The thing i dont like about my Roll pegs is that the width is added to the front of the peg. I wear a 10 and i still need the extra room to shift. Im gonna have to get me a shroty shifter too.

yea the width should be split front to rear evenly