PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for dummies

burn1
07-31-2012, 11:50 PM
Hey guys, new to the forum. I need a dummies tutorial for the wiring on my trx400ex. my damn bulldog got to the front ofthe quad and chewed up the connectors and wires. I took the front plastic off and I just have several wires hanging and wires hanging from the front fender only connector still intact is the headlights. Ive seen the wiring diagram but dont have a clue....:confused: I know he chewed up two platic connectors that I found in his crate:mad: any help appreciated

2003TrX400eX
07-31-2012, 11:53 PM
There all color coated. I think there's a green wire and a white one. Them two snap into each other.

400exwhipper
08-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Not to get off topic but how much did your pup actually eat loll

burn1
08-01-2012, 01:48 AM
yea I c a wire that snaps into the other but what about the other 8 that are hanging lmao.. I will have to post a pic of it when I get home. B/C all of them dont color match up

@Whipper didn't really eat it dont think he like the taste. He teething so anything feels good to him...lol

JOHNDOE83
08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
The 400ex wiring harness looks complicated but its actually crudely put together under plastic and electrical tape.

Its so simple once its been exposed, its very basic wiring just spliced together.

If you look at the colors carefully, you can easily match and patch up what your dog had for lunch....lol.