PDA

View Full Version : Even more new ESR products!

Honda 250r 001
07-31-2012, 01:04 PM
http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/category_s/89.htm

ESR is stepping up to the plate and making a bunch of new cool parts for the 250r! A lot of their prices have went down too. The new billet front hubs are pretty sick!

etccb
07-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Lots of cool stuff. They have spindles on the way too.

sand_blaster
07-31-2012, 02:20 PM
That is soo cool! I wonder if that filter kit fits better then the first version?

etccb
07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
That page has changed in the last hour or so and is being updated from time to time.

Honda 250r 001
07-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by etccb
That page has changed in the last hour or so and is being updated from time to time.

Ive noticed! Im stoked to see what other things they are going to post up!

danhung11
07-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Pretty cool front hubs they have... It's nice to see them pushing the envelope.

deathman53
07-31-2012, 05:41 PM
I just ordered the clutch cover and 8 plate clutch. My atc needed a new clutch cover anyway. It will soon be styling inverted forks, custom axis rear shock and ESR cover and 8 plate clutch.

DoonRider
07-31-2012, 06:35 PM
are those front hubs for dune riding only?
not much to them:ermm:
The price is good.

Honda 250r 001
07-31-2012, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by DoonRider
are those front hubs for dune riding only?
not much to them:ermm:
The price is good.

They look to be just as thick as my 400ex front hubs. Im assuming you can do what ever you want to with them!
Esr has really stepped up. Eddie must be a man who truely loves the 250r and is going to do some serious work to keep her goin!

HAYESTRX250R
07-31-2012, 09:06 PM
my build budget just went up $338.

Honda 250r 001
07-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by HAYESTRX250R
my build budget just went up $338.
Whatcha buyin?

It looks like ESR is going to start making tranny gears, shift forks, and tranny shafts too. Thats a pretty big relief to hear that!

DoonRider
07-31-2012, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
They look to be just as thick as my 400ex front hubs. Im assuming you can do what ever you want to with them!
Esr has really stepped up. Eddie must be a man who truely loves the 250r and is going to do some serious work to keep her goin!
Thanks, I wasn't sure...look nice and can't beat that price.

HAYESTRX250R
08-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Whatcha buyin?

It looks like ESR is going to start making tranny gears, shift forks, and tranny shafts too. Thats a pretty big relief to hear that!

Spindles!

etccb
08-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Doonrider
They look like they are made to shed weight. Med duty, drag, dunes, tt, etc. That being said the web looks thick and you might compare them to 400ex, 88-89 to judge how heavy duty they are.

etccb
08-01-2012, 08:22 AM

"Here at esr are goal is to make replacement parts for the trx250r 86/89 atc85/86 .After the center cases are done .The crank,transmission gears,shift forks,transmission shafts front and rear brakes The support we get from are customer make it possible *"

It looks like ESR is putting in the time and money to address the discontinued and availability problems for us.
Thank you ESR.

Remember to support those that are really supporting the 250R majorly investing in it and keeping it going. Getting a return on your investment if you will. In time there will be no 250R without ESR.

D Bergstrom
08-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by etccb
Remember to support those that are really supporting the 250R majorly investing in it and keeping it going. Getting a return on your investment if you will. In time there will be no 250R without ESR.

I was just thinking the same thing. I have been wanting a 350PV kit now for a while, and I love the price of ESR's kit, just have heard alot of bad things about the cylinders themselves. I currently have a CT Racing 330 kit, but CT is out of the 350PV's, have been for a while. My plan was to wait for CT, but I am thinking I should support ESR...

Doug

Motofool250r
08-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by D Bergstrom
I was just thinking the same thing. I have been wanting a 350PV kit now for a while, and I love the price of ESR's kit, just have heard alot of bad things about the cylinders themselves. I currently have a CT Racing 330 kit, but CT is out of the 350PV's, have been for a while. My plan was to wait for CT, but I am thinking I should support ESR...

Doug

D your gonna over pay for a CT topend. and not get a fast motor.

seek out one of the better builders, if your worried about the cylinder kit troubles do like i did order ESR Cyl unbored/ported and have a 250r Guru set it up.
(my recomendations are Pete, LED, Neil (C-Leigh) etc.)

Ill torture test my 344cc ESR Cyl motor in a couple weeks.

Btw for anyone that has been following my ESR lockup/cover window progress we are cutting what we hope to be the final edition this week and hope to have them available after the september test session.

etccb
08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I got my ESR 330pv set up straight from ESR bored ported etc and it ran very good. I will be looking for another setup from them next tax return time.

JackBrown1988
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Will never buy an esr product again. have posted many times all the crap. good luck to those who buy esr.

JackBrown1988
08-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Buy pro-x. buy cp inds sphinx-puma. buy quality not esr crap.

Honda 250r 001
08-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Every company goes through tough times, trail and error is the most common way to gain experience. I dont know about anyone else. But if ESR is gets all these cool parts made they are talking about. Im going to buy every part I can from ESR. In fact, Im doing that already. Just to support them. Who knows, if these new parts sell well, the ideas/designs could fly past all our expectations.

etccb
08-01-2012, 12:42 PM
If you follow the correct basic installation rules you won't have troubles. Don't and you can't put an oem stocker, esr, prox, any other cpi cyl, etc safely together.

JackBrown1988
08-01-2012, 01:00 PM
You keep blaming the user. leaks, bad bores, not round. keep defending what you do not know. idk-your opinion esr does no wrong. my opinion esr sells poor parts. no customer support. horible castings. some esr parts work-some do not. my pain comes from getting crapy parts. the esr atitude it is the users fault. stop blame the user-fix the problem.

etccb
08-01-2012, 01:04 PM
There are a lot of these kits out there installed by people after work in their garage that have had no problems. It is too bad that you had a problem like has also been found with multiple prox cyl as well. Maybe you over tightend the head and have been blaming esr for it on the forums for 8 months.

RyanWsly
08-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Motofool250r
D your gonna over pay for a CT topend. and not get a fast motor.

There are plenty of people out there who will dispute this fact, lots of races have been won by CT cylinders/engines.
They still sell parts and do service on 250Rs so they deserve support just like everyone else who does. My dealings with both CT & ESR have been positive and would do business with either again, I will just inspect my ESR parts closely before they are installed.

Motofool250r
08-01-2012, 02:21 PM
okay let me rephase ryan.

Ct kits use CPI cylinders. and their prices are not the lowest for just the cylinders by far.

their porting is mediocre, comparitively with some others.

For you the same money for the same cylinder ported by someone else you will get a better performing (more power) cylinder.

Thats my take, i know plenty of people who had CT kits back in the day i know one with a CT350 powervalve that gained 10whp by a port job new dome and switching the pipe.

If your a CT guy awesome, im glad they still support the sport.

D Bergstrom
08-01-2012, 04:32 PM
and not get a fast motor.

I disagree also. My CT 330 runs awesome, run the cylinder just the way it came from CT back in 2006, took it out of the box and installed it. My only complaint is I would like a little more bottom end, four strokes are making me lazy! I have never dynoed my 330, but I bet peak horsepower is more then my 450R motors. (Yes, they have a few mods also.) Could it be built to make more power? Sure, but do I need it? Is it really going to make me any faster running around the desert? I doubt it.

I have been more then happy with the way I have been treated by Allen over at CT. Beginning of the year he did some work on my 700XX for me, again, more then satisfied. Sure, he may not get the power numbers other builders do, but I don't need a big horsepower number, I am more concerned about reliability. With the number of Baja winning motors CT has built, I know I am getting that reliability. I never have to touch my 330 motor, it just keeps going.

You also say other builders are cheaper, not from what I have seen. I have never called LED myslef, but lots of people have posted info from him on this site. It would be quite a bit more to get a 350PV from him from what I have seen. Sure, it will probably make more power, but again, do I need that power? What will that extra power do to the trans? Remember, I am just a simple desert rat, I learned along time ago to put my money in the suspension, that is what is going to make ME faster.

Doug

Motofool250r
08-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Glad Allen takes care of you.

And i would agree LED would not be cheaper, he does build some cool stuff though.

the difference in porting from a stock cpi cylinder, and one ported properly with a good dome setup does not make the motor unreliable.

D Bergstrom
08-01-2012, 06:56 PM
the difference in porting from a stock cpi cylinder, and one ported properly with a good dome setup does not make the motor unreliable.

Never said it did. Would you agree though that more power puts more strain on other parts (trans, crank etc.), hence that affects reliability? How much more power is the limit? Don't have the answer for that one, but I have not found the limit with my 330 kit, and as I said, the thing runs damn good.

Anyway, back on topic, I think it is great ESR is developing new parts!

Doug

87TRX310R
08-01-2012, 07:58 PM
It seems that anytime ESR is brought up all the crier's come out and do nothing but bash them cause they had a bad experience or just don't know what there doing. I used to have that part of the song from Justin Timberlake on my phone Cry Me A River whenever someone start's crying. LOL

88redrocket
08-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Ive had no problems at all with my esr 310 cylinder. I bought it 3 years ago when the prices first dropped to $599, installed it following all the torque specs and instructions they send with it, beat the crap out of it all year round and took it apart for the first time a couple weeks ago only because I am redoing my bottom end and it is still in perfect shape, I could still re-use the old piston if i really wanted too. I was very surprised to see how well it held up. The only thing Ive ever had a problem with from them was chrome flaking on a brand new pipe by the mount.

sangheraent
08-02-2012, 06:21 PM
I don't understand why people have to have a pissing match about esr everytime its brought up.

You dont have to buy their products, but who else is actively developing products for 250rs and not screwing the owners over? There pricing is low, they are trying to help the common person with good products for a reasonable price. Who else is doing that?
Are they charging you American made prices for chinese stuff? no they are passing on the savings to consumers. what is it 600 for a big bore package, some builders charge more then that just to port your stock cylinder not including piston, bore gaskets nothing.

I was about to buy brand new yukons on ebay for $300 last year I watched the add for 3 months and never pulled the trigger, now those same gears are for $500? How does this help the 250r community?

Say whatever you want about ESR but from my point of view they are one of the few genuinely helping the 250r community. they could easily focus on other bikes and make more money but they don't.

Thats my opinion you can disagree with me, but the only thing I care about is having decent parts for my 250r for the next 10-20 years.

Motofool250r
08-02-2012, 06:26 PM
i agree sang

Burns310r
08-02-2012, 07:29 PM
I agree completly with you sang.... untill you buy a ESR cylinder and have it blow up in your face at ever single race... Then convert to a prox cylinder and run an entire season. I thought honestly i was doing something wrong with my ESR 330 PV bolt on kit that i put 6 piston in 4 months.... I figured i forgot how to set clearance or jet....

So I turned around and bought a 350 non pv Prox cylinder from BDT and havnet wasted a motor since. It went for a full season, and still had higher compression than when i broke it in.

Im glad for ESR, i would buy more of there products, and actually have... Still run a TRX 5 pipe, Quick change cover, brake lever, case saver.

But when guys like me trying to race MX, And i drop 850 on a 330PV engine to get pulled off the track every time im out is bad stuff.

Maybe they have fixed there cyliders and its not an issue anymore. It was over a year ago i had my issues.

I honestly try to stay out of the ESR arguments, because they tried to make it right with me and basically did. They re sleeved my cylinder and gave me a buch of parts. But i never ran that cylinder again, mostly because i bought my BDT 350....

But when new people come on here and start asking questions and want to spend what little money they have so they can have fun, and people say go put ESR...its cheap... I dont want them to buy it not knowing there is some troubled past... maybe its better now, but there was some issues a year ago.

I woulda liked to been informed when i dropped my money on them a year and a half ago.

I praise ESR for supporting the R, thank you ESR. They do alot to keep us going. And there will be bumps in the road... But please correct the bumps.

etccb
08-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Well said things sang. One thing though, the cyl are american made cast in Cali and at that low price point. To give you another idea of their mark up % look at their new hubs. How much do others sell their similar hubs for? We basically get a dealer price point right to us and that rubs some people the wrong way that try to make everyone believe that they are from china. ESR is there for the common person to get the most out of that $200.00, $500.00, $800.00, etc, etc extra toy money that you have at this time. Not everyone can drop 3K at any moment and lets face it, a lot of them gravitate to the 250r.

JackBrown1988
08-03-2012, 11:16 AM
etccb u post more bs that you know nothing about. same fasle info, same blame the customer, not esr. same pro-x this pro-x that. made in us or china, idk esr cylinder i got was crap. never buy esr and will tell everyone i can not to buy esr, buy pro-x or cpi

etccb
08-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I believe you are making yourself look bad, there is another that I know nothing about.

Burns310r
08-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I will tell you that my motors where built as they should be. I have never had any issues like i did with that "particular" cylinder.

There is something else going on there with why they sieze up so quickly.

etccb
08-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Burns310r
I will tell you that my motors where built as they should be. I have never had any issues like i did with that "particular" cylinder.

There is something else going on there with why they sieze up so quickly.

Would you agree that they have sold a bunch since then and there is not a lot of bad buzz about them? Maybe a fluke of some sort??? Was yours having problems with the ex studs into the water jacket?

Burns310r
08-03-2012, 11:42 AM
What exhaust studs into the jacket. I must not have as im not sure i know what your talking about.

It has been really hit and miss since I had my issues. It pops up every once and awhile.

Im just not sure how many 250R riders are even on the forums. I also do not know how many guys are riding newer ESR cylinders.

I really do hope they have them figured out. But i know the guy i buy my engine parts from now, stopped dealing with ESR because of issues.

I really dont want to debate any further, just for the simple fact i dont want to bash ESR.

We are lucky to have a company like them as many have said. I continue to support them in other ways, just not there cylinders.

I already kind of regret saying anything in this thread in the first place.

Burns

etccb
08-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Just curious about what may have been going on. They do sell a lot of them.

Burns310r
08-03-2012, 11:51 AM
I tried everything to get it to be reliable, ran way to high of octane gas, ran it rich so that it was down on power, bought a big bore pipe to lower temp and i would still sieze a motor and get the engine temps 240+.

Droped on a 350 Pro X and never had another issue. Same carb, same radiator, same bottom end. Everything.

I have owned/built a lot of 250r engines in my years of racing, and never had i had issues like that.

I hope it was a bad casting.

danhung11
08-03-2012, 11:58 AM
As the saying goes... "No good deed goes unpunished."

This thread has completely gone south.

etccb
08-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Strange major overheating and that is not a regular thing. Anything can have a problem once in a while and with +600 cyl sold something strange may come up.
Happy riding.

etccb
08-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
As the saying goes... "No good deed goes unpunished."

This thread has completely gone south.

That was just going through my head. A shame really.

Anyway, thank you ESR for doing what you are doing to save the 250r.