PDA

View Full Version : Pressurized carb

tylermiller
07-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Im in the process of getting ready to begin my turbo, i was wondering if anyones had any experience pressurizing a carb on one of these, and how to regulate it and what not, Thanks

Rivet
07-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Boy O boy I hope you get a ton of responses as I am just finishing up a turbo project, it's on a 400 though.
Unfortunately, I think most of the successful systems are built by specialized shops and very few individual guys get their projects to work properly.
It CAN be done, and there are a couple of guys on here who have done it that I have found from "searching," but as far as a step by step recipe for success...... I haven't found it.
Some good reading herehttp://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8245

tylermiller
07-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Thanks man, how did you do the fuel set up on your 400? some people just re jet and drill the jets out from what im reading but its hard to tune because you need alot of fuel when building boost but at idiling you dont need that much.

Rivet
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM
It's a balancing act with the initial jetting, no doubt.

They use an electric fuel pump and regulator to supply enough fuel, and after modifying the float needle and seat to handle the extra pressure it sounds like they plug the float bowl vents except for supplying a pressure hose from the boost line to the sealed up float bowl cavity above the fuel level.
Sounds overly simple,has to be more to it.
I've also heard that an intake plenum needs to be made a certain size in comparison to the displacement of the engine.
Too easy?.....I think so.....
The turbo install was the easy part, realatively speaking, getting it to run right will be a different story.