PDA

View Full Version : selling my race quad..need opinions on 4x4

WB450r
07-30-2012, 10:37 AM
ive realized the past couple years that i really dont have interest in racing mx anymore..getting tired of going to the same tracks and buying race gas etc..ive been wanting to get a 4x4 to ride trails and through the creeks and stuff like that..ive heard alot of good things about the brute force and can am but i really dont no much about the 4x4 world..i want something with great power and very reliable..

any info would be great

thanks

dxcody
07-30-2012, 10:54 AM
I had a Honda Foreman 450 4x4.

I never blew it up, and i rode the absolute crap out of it.

Not as fast or powerful as can ams but very fun!

CJM
07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Honda. Period. You cannot kill them.

Honda5
07-30-2012, 04:04 PM
I got a Rincon not long ago and it is great. I love the automatic transmission (just like a car). I like it way better then the cvt or electric shifts I seem to have in my shop all the time. But the Can-am seems nice also

bencasey217
07-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Brute Forces are great 4x4 machines, We have a 2008 model without powersteering and its a b word trying to turn. My father has a 2011 Can Am Renegade 800 XXC, the ride is ridiculous, the power is smooth but still pulls hard, goes over anything trail wise, reliability wise he hasnt had any problems but it only has about 50 hours. We used to have a Honda Foreman 500 4x2, it was a great quad you could beat the crap out of it. I would stay away from Grizzlies, I've rode about 4, the newer models have a weird seating, they feel really top heavy and dont have a good acceleration.

Drfat400ex
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
If you got the dough, the Renegade 800 is the best 4x4 I've ever ridden, and you can still do some more sport like things on it than most other 4x4s, pops pretty good wheelies and you can go crazy fast. I rode one right through the swamp no problem at all. It was amazing. But then again, honda's gonna last forever.

dxcody
07-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Shoot you can make anything ride like a sport quad, just gotta figure them out a little first!

Stickman400
07-31-2012, 08:37 AM
Any of the Outlander or Renegade Can-Ams are great 4x4s. Not sure on reliablility but my friend has 2 of them and constantly rides them in creeks and on trails and hasn't had a problem with them. They have more than enough power and are a blast to ride. But Hondas are also bulletproof and will last forever. They need a few parts thrown at them before they have the power you were used to though. So you can either fork out the cash for the power and ride of the Can-Am or go with a Honda for proven reliability and low maintenance.

redrocker
07-31-2012, 08:52 AM
I have a honda rincon with 9000 miles
on it and it still runs great :)