PDA

View Full Version : heck frame

gcc germany
07-30-2012, 08:02 AM
I will convert my 06 honda trx 450 ER to kick start. Does I need a heck frame from a 450R model or I can cut the battery box?!
whats better?

thanks

Foxhound013
07-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Glad to see people from other countries here. To answer your question, you shouldn't need a frame at all. The only thing you will need is the plastic piece where the kicker sits. You can order it from maier. If you want to get rid of your battery all together you should just have to unhook it all. Id recommend getting the 04 - 05 carb though so you can have hot start. It helps a lot when you kill the bike. It may not be necessary so I would wait for someone else to say something too. If it were me though I think Id swap the carbs just for the hot start. Good luck!

DnB_racing
07-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by gcc germany
I will convert my 06 honda trx 450 ER to kick start. Does I need a heck frame from a 450R model or I can cut the battery box?!
whats better?

thanks the box can be cut off, it will be noticeable and take some work to look good,

I personally would use a kick sub frame, and lower it

there are some previous threads about the topic of lowering it,

as far as wiring I have a schematic and posts about how to cut a harness to remove all unnecessary wires, Ive helped a few members with the conversion,

there are a few tricks to converting the harness and still have spark , if you need any help with the conversion let me know,

Im assuming you will be removing the one way starter clutch, and reduction gears, be sure to put a bolt in the top right hole from were the reduction gear holder was, or else you will have an opening between the crank and gear oil,

there are a few important items that can be troublesome if not done,
do you know all the details needed to do it properly? or someone to help you?

gcc germany
07-31-2012, 04:45 AM
@Foxhound013

thanks for your answer. :D

@DnB_racing

thanks for your answer :D

yes my buddy helps me and he is a professional.

I think, i buy me a heck frame from a kick start model.
when we have questions i ask to you.
I convert to kick star in dezember, i post pics when is done.

thanks a lot.

best reguards to the USA

gcc germany
07-31-2012, 04:50 AM
has a honda trx 450r up 06-12 a hot start? and starts it good with kicker?

Does i need a hot start from a 05 model?

thanks

fastredrider44
07-31-2012, 08:59 AM
You can use a carb off of an 06 up too, hotstart or not, but with a kicker, the hot-start option is needed on most bikes to start after they get warm.

gcc germany
07-31-2012, 09:40 AM
has a honda trx 450r with kicker up 06 a hot start? yes or no?

thanks

@fastredrider44

thanks

fastredrider44
07-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Yes, factory kickstart bikes come with a hotstart carb.

gcc germany
07-31-2012, 11:05 AM
thanks

is the carburator the same as the ER model?
can i but the hot start from a kick start model on my carb or must I buy me a complete carb from a kick start model?

hrc450er
07-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Cheapest thing to do is leave the electric stuff alone and add all the kick start parts, that way you have both kick and electric. If you get rid of the e start stuff you have to buy a few extra pieces to replace what you took off. And you can add a hotstart to the er carb. There are write ups on it in different forums on how to do it. Yes carbs on 06+ are the same other than the hotstart

fastredrider44
07-31-2012, 01:13 PM
I agree. The best thing to do would be to keep it electric and add the kicker.

As for the carb, it's not as easy as buying the parts. It can be added, but not by simply bolting on a cable and plunger.

gcc germany
08-01-2012, 01:42 AM
I convert to kickstart only! thanks for the answers :)

also i can put a hotstart cable on my carb? yes?

the parts, i can get it direkt by my honda dealer, the parts are in 24h here :)

rollie
08-13-2012, 02:57 PM
You can not add a hot start to your ER carburetor

however you will not "need" the hot start level, i had 2 450r's for 5 year's, kickstart with no hot start and i never had a problem starting them!

having the hot start will not hurt though!