PDA

View Full Version : not for first time rider

krause19
07-30-2012, 12:10 AM
http://cleveland.craigslist.org/spo/3157454886.html

had to post this i know someone is need of some crazy power.

dxcody
07-30-2012, 12:19 AM
:)

Entertainment!

beastlywarrior
07-30-2012, 10:46 AM
He put it in sporting goods wow

dxcody
07-30-2012, 10:50 AM
This may sound dumb, but idk anything about 2 strokes..

Can you bore a banshee to a 450?

krause19
07-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Ya of course if you want mad power bro. Lol I don't think you can.

TheLane
07-30-2012, 05:55 PM
I know you can score some SWEET holeshots with those bald tires. Thats for sure.

trick450r
07-30-2012, 06:20 PM
I doubt you can bore a banshee 100cc's over, definitely stroked. And if it was a stroker I really dont think stock expansion chambers would slice the old cheese.

TheLane
07-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
I doubt you can bore a banshee 100cc's over, definitely stroked. And if it was a stroker I really dont think stock expansion chambers would slice the old cheese.

you can MOST DEFINITELY bore a banshee over 100cc's lol, it just requires a resleeve.

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=622&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

As stated before, they go up MUCH larger than 450cc's.

661 cheetah kit
http://www.trinityracing.com/yamaha-banshee-atv-611cc-dm-cheetah-kit.html

trick450r
08-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by TheLane
you can MOST DEFINITELY bore a banshee over 100cc's lol, it just requires a resleeve.

http://www.wickedatv.com/DUportal30/home/detail.asp?iData=622&iCat=288&iChannel=8&nChannel=Products

As stated before, they go up MUCH larger than 450cc's.

661 cheetah kit
http://www.trinityracing.com/yamaha-banshee-atv-611cc-dm-cheetah-kit.html

Those are all stroker kits (save the 392 kit in the first link). You should re-read my post, I said I dont THINK you can BORE a banshee more than 100cc over, if its stroked as well, that's completely different.

chucked
08-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Its probably .100 (one hundred) over. Which is like 380cc, but people are idiots so they think that means add 100 cc's, but that means the piston is "one hundred thousandths" of an inch larger in diameter.

beastlywarrior
08-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by chucked
Its probably .100 (one hundred) over. Which is like 380cc, but people are idiots so they think that means add 100 cc's, but that means the piston is "one hundred thousandths" of an inch larger in diameter.
yep just saw a 450 warrior for sale, bored .100 over lol

Zakradu398
08-06-2012, 08:38 AM
It must be a scimitar :rolleyes:

http://www.cpindinc.com/pub/part_list?manufacturer=1

TheLane
08-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Those are all stroker kits (save the 392 kit in the first link). You should re-read my post, I said I dont THINK you can BORE a banshee more than 100cc over, if its stroked as well, that's completely different.

Lol explain to me how stroke has ANYTHING to do with bore.

chucked
08-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Because if it only bored, it might not be over 100cc larger, but it is if its stroked.

Zakradu398
08-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Because if it only bored, it might not be over 100cc larger, but it is if its stroked.

It WOULDN'T be over 100cc larger. I believe 100 over is somewhere around 372cc.

I texted him and he said the previous owner had a quad shop and he bored it to a 450.
I told him this isn't possible and to get near a 450 you would pretty much need a 10 mil crank and it would then be a 465. He said it is a 465 then. lolz

Ruby Soho
08-06-2012, 03:04 PM
haha everyone in this thread is on a different page than one another.

you might be able to bore a banshee over 100cc, but im assuming its going to have aftermarket cylinders cause thats alot of meat in that cylinder that youd be cutting away (resleeve too dont try to be a smartass) in the stock one.

dont forget now, the cc is both bore and stroke, so what he meant was he doesnt believe that you can ONLY BORE over 100cc over in a banshee. the links you posted were bored and stroked kits, making them monsters.

chucked
08-06-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
It WOULDN'T be over 100cc larger. I believe 100 over is somewhere around 372cc.

I texted him and he said the previous owner had a quad shop and he bored it to a 450.
I told him this isn't possible and to get near a 450 you would pretty much need a 10 mil crank and it would then be a 465. He said it is a 465 then. lolz

NO, I was replying to thelane's post. and no sh^t I was the one to originally post that...

TheLane
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
NO, I was replying to thelane's post. and no sh^t I was the one to originally post that...

Bore = diameter of the cylinder
Stroke = length of the up and down travel of the piston

CC's = Bore + stroke.

Bore and stroke are not the same thing.

Either way some of kits I posted had a bore that = much higher than 100cc's over even without the stroke. ( and yes, it is possible to get 100cc's over with just a new sleeve on a banshee)

Jus sayin.:D

chucked
08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
I know, i bore cylinders all day. I even know the formula to find the displacement without even googleing it

TheLane
08-06-2012, 05:17 PM
I know, i bore cylinders all day. I even know the formula to find the displacement without even googleing it

yeah that wasnt to you lol, i quoted the wrong person :P

beastlywarrior
08-06-2012, 06:10 PM

CC's = Bore + stroke.

Either way some of kits I posted had a bore that = much higher than 100cc's over even without the stroke. ( and yes, it is possible to get 100cc's over with just a new sleeve on a banshee)

You mean cc= (pi x bore^2) x stroke:blah: :devil:

TheLane
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior

:devil: :macho

I was esplanen in easy terms!!!

XCRacer236
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior

I was expecting that to be a lot more complicated... lol.

Zakradu398
08-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Everyones pickin on Chucked for no reason. :p

chucked
08-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Lol, no thats wrong actually... Its pi times half the bore squared times stroke

beastlywarrior
08-07-2012, 10:14 AM
All depends on how you measure your bore i usually give numbers in radius

chucked
08-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Yea, uh huh... You give bores in radius, makes sense...

chucked
08-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Then once you find the volume you need to do something else....

chucked
08-07-2012, 11:20 AM
unless you measure the bore, i mean radius in cm

trick450r
08-09-2012, 08:24 AM

CC's = Bore + stroke.

Lol all I said was I don't THINK you can bore a banshee over 100cc's over (which btw I still have NOT seen an example of posted in this thread)

thus in order to get 450cc out of a banshee, I THINK it would need to be stroked.

now that i've broken it down even more for the third time, do you get it?

P.S the only kit on either of the links you posted that was not a STROKER was a 392 kit, now if you want to break out your internet calculator you'll find that 392 is, in fact less than 450.

chucked
08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Yes, needs to be stroked to get over 450cc, unless a custom top end was made of course

trick450r
08-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Lol explain to me how stroke has ANYTHING to do with bore.

um about everything? whats the only other way to attain combustion chamber volume without boring the cylinder? by expanding the compression height! the only way to get a larger compression height is a stroker setup.

http://www.trinityracing.com/yamaha-banshee2.html#performance

Go to that link and scroll down to the cheetah kit...notice how anything bigger than the 400cc kit comes with a stroker crank?

Why do you think that is?

TheLane
08-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Lol all I said was I don't THINK you can bore a banshee over 100cc's over (which btw I still have NOT seen an example of posted in this thread)

thus in order to get 450cc out of a banshee, I THINK it would need to be stroked.

now that i've broken it down even more for the third time, do you get it?

P.S the only kit on either of the links you posted that was not a STROKER was a 392 kit, now if you want to break out your internet calculator you'll find that 392 is, in fact less than 450.

I understand that. but your still wrong lol.

If you did your research with some of the other kits, and busted out YOUR internet calculator :). you could have used to bores on some of the cylinders and calculated the CC's with the stock stroke of the Banshee and STILL came out way over 450cc's. Its easily accomplished with either a resleeve or a new cylinder setup.

No offense if you only THINK something is right, dont argue the point, do research, then post. There is wayyy too many examples of this exact situation on forums, and wayy to much false info going around and it just confuses people.

Ruby Soho
08-09-2012, 02:37 PM

If you did your research with some of the other kits, and busted out YOUR internet calculator :). you could have used to bores on some of the cylinders and calculated the CC's with the stock stroke of the Banshee and STILL came out way over 450cc's. Its easily accomplished with either a resleeve or a new cylinder setup.

No offense if you only THINK something is right, dont argue the point, do research, then post. There is wayyy too many examples of this exact situation on forums, and wayy to much false info going around and it just confuses people.

i still dont see any facts though.

trick450r
08-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Why are you still talking? You have tried to prove yourself right with three different links. All three proved you wrong! find me a 450cc stock stroke/stock cylinder banshee or STFU!

And if your using an aftermarket cylinder your starting with something other than a Banshee cylinder...thus you would not be "Boring a banshee motor over 100cc"

I just gave you a link to the cheetah kits and even WITH aftermarket cylinders they arn't hitting 450cc without some extra stroke.

P.S- no internet calculators for me, in my field of work I find its a pertinent skill to do children's math like this in my head, or on paper.

trick450r
08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Available sizes:
400cc kit* (uses stock crank)
421cc kit (uses 4mm crank)
485cc kit** (uses 4mm crank)
496cc kit** (uses 7mm crank)
535cc kit** (uses 10mm crank)
593cc kit** (uses 14mm crank)
610cc kit** (uses 16mm crank)

Those are the trinity cheetah numbers for AFTERMARKET CYLINDERS notice how even the 421 kit uses a 4 mil stroker.

Now your gonna tell me you can bore a banshee cylinder further than a cheetah cylinder....

trick450r
08-09-2012, 03:17 PM
.........wha?

check the cheetah kit i posted, the cylinder bore alone with a stock stroke would = more than 450ccs...

Read back more, and until then GOOGLE is your friend.

Dear god people will argue about anything!!! lol

Read the whole thread and do some research without posting stupid crap like that. Your just wasting peoples time.

no YOU check the cheetah kit you posted lol!

TheLane
08-09-2012, 03:24 PM
no YOU check the cheetah kit you posted lol!

Then do me a favor, tell me what the CC's of the motor is with the biggest bore cylinder they make and a STOCK crank genius.

a 78mm bore on a stock crank should get you... what? mr i do this like its kindergarden math in my head..

TheLane
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Available sizes:
400cc kit* (uses stock crank)
421cc kit (uses 4mm crank)
485cc kit** (uses 4mm crank)
496cc kit** (uses 7mm crank)
535cc kit** (uses 10mm crank)
593cc kit** (uses 14mm crank)
610cc kit** (uses 16mm crank)

Those are the trinity cheetah numbers for AFTERMARKET CYLINDERS notice how even the 421 kit uses a 4 mil stroker.

Now your gonna tell me you can bore a banshee cylinder further than a cheetah cylinder....

Oh and BTW YES people make bigger kits than the 618 kit they make, there are banshees that are over 1000cc's smart*****

and for the record im trying to be cool about this., when you asked me why im still posting its because i know im talking about. IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET THE CC's OVER 450 WITHOUT STROKING THE MOTOR. Is it the best way to do it no, its it possible, YES. Crazy rednecks do stuff that doesnt make sense all the time!

Your making yourself just look like an ***hole.

trick450r
08-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Oh and BTW YES people make bigger kits than the 618 kit they make, there are banshees that are over 1000cc's smart*****

dude those are all the same bore? what the hell don't you understand? look at the post you just quoted man, 400cc is the biggest on stock crank from trinity, and that's for the CHEETAH cylinders.

Do you just think you can bore and bore and bore until the cows come home or something?

I think you should re-read some of the other posters comments here. I think everybody has agreed with me and moved on, maybe you should too.

I'm at a loss as to how this simple theory can be explained to somebody on your level, go enroll in some advanced math classes and this will all make sense one day....

trick450r
08-09-2012, 03:54 PM

and for the record im trying to be cool about this., when you asked me why im still posting its because i know im talking about. IT IS POSSIBLE TO GET THE CC's OVER 450 WITHOUT STROKING THE MOTOR. Is it the best way to do it no, its it possible, YES. Crazy rednecks do stuff that doesnt make sense all the time!

Your making yourself just look like an ***hole.

see you can say whatever makes you happy, the thing is nobody believes you without facts, see how that works?

You have provided no proof of your argument, but you did help prove mine. And for that I thank you!

Just as a side note is your only reasoning really "Crazy rednecks do stuff that doesn't make sense all the time"?

I mean, really? was that your argument? That crazy illegitimate rednecks know more about banshee's than trinity racing?

TheLane
08-09-2012, 03:59 PM
see you can say whatever makes you happy, the thing is nobody believes you without facts, see how that works?

You have provided no proof of your argument, but you did help prove mine. And for that I thank you!

Just as a side note is your only reasoning really "Crazy rednecks do stuff that doesn't make sense all the time"?

I mean, really? was that your argument? That crazy illegitimate rednecks know more about banshee's than trinity racing?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME! your telling me i need to research this. You can resleeve or put a new cylinder to higherbores wthan 400ccs without stroking it! Im done being nice, you are a moron

AND NO they didnt all agree with you, MANY People said that you can go with a custom cylinder and achive 450cc's without increasing the stroke.

Its common sense, I PROVIDED YOU WITH FACTS..

Calculate the stock stroke of a banshee, with a 78mm bore. Tell me what the CC's come out at.

The cheetah 618 kit is a 78mm bore, its just longer for the stroke, if you keep the 78mm bore of the cylinder and shorten the stroke you wont be a 618cc's any more but you still have the wider bore. JUST BECAUSE their kits all use stroker cranks to achieve even higher cc's doesnt mean it is necessary

you need to stop acting like some holier than thou child and think for a minute.

trick450r
08-09-2012, 04:02 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME! your telling me i need to research this. You can resleeve or put a new cylinder to WAY HIGHER BORES THEN THAT! Do you think the cheetah kit has a 78 mm bore, the stock banshee is 64. Im done being nice, yes, that cylinder is made for a stroker kit. It is possible to have a larger bore cylinder, achieve 450cc's not increase the stroke. you are a moron.

AND NO they didnt all agree with you, MANY People said that you can go with a custom cylinder and achive 450cc's without increasing the stroke.

Okay well you just start searching for that ever elusive cylinder package....that doesn't exist.

Do us all a favor though and stop arguing with me until you have one cent of proof outside of your word. Which means nothing.

Dont forget, your the one who brought up trinity racing and the cheetah engines, then you say "it can be done because rednecks can do crazy things"
Sounds like your desperately afraid of admitting i'm right after all this, so your gonna modify your argument until you have a happy medium.

TheLane
08-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Okay well you just start searching for that ever elusive cylinder package....that doesn't exist.

Do us all a favor though and stop arguing with me until you have one cent of proof outside of your word. Which means nothing.

Dont forget, your the one who brought up trinity racing and the cheetah engines, then you say "it can be done because rednecks can do crazy things"
Sounds like your desperately afraid of admitting i'm right after all this, so your gonna modify your argument until you have a happy medium.

KID THE PROOF IS THERE do the math on a stock stroke banshee with a 78mm bore cylinder ( WHICH THE 618 CHEETAH KIT HAS) because the lack of a longer crank you wont be at 618cc's but you will be at over 450cc's ITS A FACT, you are an idiot if you dont see that.

there is your proof!

trick450r
08-09-2012, 04:16 PM
KID THE PROOF IS THERE do the math on a stock stroke banshee with a 78mm bore cylinder ( WHICH THE 618 CHEETAH KIT HAS) because the lack of a longer crank you wont be at 618cc's but you will be at over 450cc's ITS A FACT, you are an idiot if you dont see that.

there is your proof!

yeah i'm sure you can, with what kind of bottom end? what kind of billet cases? how much machining?

I'm not arguing theory, WE WERE TALKING ABOUT STOCK BANSHEE CYLINDER'S UNTIL YOU BROUGHT UP TRINITY!!!!!

You will learn in life when an argument isn't working your way, you cant just change it to fit you.

find me a banshee in the real world that runs with a completely stock bottom end with twin 78mm cheetah cylinders on it and ill admit im wrong..

TheLane
08-09-2012, 04:19 PM
yeah i'm sure you can, with what kind of bottom end? what kind of billet cases? how much machining?

I'm not arguing theory, WE WERE TALKING ABOUT STOCK BANSHEE CYLINDER'S UNTIL YOU BROUGHT UP TRINITY!!!!!

You will learn in life when an argument isn't working your way, you cant just change it to fit you.

find me a banshee in the real world that runs with a completely stock bottom end with twin 78mm cheetah cylinders on it and ill admit im wrong..

dude we brough up custom cylinders A LONG TIME AGO and said that it was a possiblity, YOURE the one that is changing the arguement to fit your needs.

The question wasnt, Is a kit readily available. the question was "IS IT POSSIBLE"

yes its possible, that is what i have been trying to get through your head for the last 5 pages, and you have a BAD habit of arguing about **** you dont know about, youve done it a few times with other people in the 450r forum. Youre the one that needs to learn the life lesson here, not me.