PDA

View Full Version : oil splattering on right front fender!!

TacicalRedneck
07-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Ok, this is not the 1st time i notcied this, i started up my quad after washing it, it started, let it idle warm, revved it up and i noticed what looked to be splatters of oil.... on the front right fender..... I revved it several times and i couldn't find where it was coming from, what do you guys think i should be looking for?

And, after that, the quad wouldn't rev without dieing, then when it died it wouldn't start back up. It finally started after i turned the tank on reserve and pumped the throttel a while.....

this quad...... :mad:

Drfat400ex
07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
The only place I could think it would be getting to the right fender is on the oil filter cover. Maybe there's a chip in the cover and its splashing out?

2003TrX400eX
07-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Maybe head gasket leak?

Stickman400
07-30-2012, 12:56 AM
What about that breather hose that comes out of the valve cover? Maybe when you rev it up it's blowing that hose open and it's bowing the oil out the gap.? Idk

2001400exrida
07-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Another thing to look at is the oil tank and oil tank lines. Those are up front on the frame and especially the one coming from the top could be blowing oil onto your fender. There is an oil filter in the bottom of the tank that you can check to be sure it is not clogged.

HondaRacing83
08-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Oil filter cover. i was talking too my buddy last night and he was saying he had a chip there or really bad gasket or something but said it spewed oil all over his leg and fenders