PDA

View Full Version : I am retiring from the ATV world...

ThePhantomRider
07-29-2012, 11:25 AM
It is with great sadness that I have decided to retire from the world of ATV's. I've taken some considerable time away from the sport for a variety of reasons, most notable to start a family and build a successful business.

Being involved since 1982 and off road since 1977, I've seen the sport grow, change, explode and nearly destroy itself, and I always thought I'd make a come back but today I realize that I have bigger things on my agenda for the future.

I've really enjoyed all the great info I've provided for you all out there as well as info you all have shared in return. There have been great discussions, arguments, debates and laughs and through it all, I've made sure that everyone was more informed than before they met me.

I know the transition and reality that I will no longer be here in any capacity will be a tough change to embrace, but you all will eventually find your way without me. That's why my appearances have been less and less over the last couple years...to make it easier for all of you to continue on.

To those who will be the most affected, I truly wish you all the best, I know I will be missed, however, legends never disappear, they grow and manifest themselves to a place in which the legend ends up living up to the reality.

So for now, I bid you all adieu, good riding and good fellowship in a sport and industry I was glad to be such an important part of. I will be sorely missed and you all are welcome.

The Phantom "I am the one and only legendary" Rider....

HondaRacing83
07-29-2012, 11:32 AM
You gave us so much false information on new quads over the years. Anyways have fun with the rest and goodluck to your upcoming fortunes

Jake250ex
07-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
You gave us so much false information on new quads over the years. Anyways have fun with the rest and goodluck to your upcoming fortunes

lmfao my thoughts exactly

mainah
07-29-2012, 11:57 AM
I dont know who you are...but that is some funny chit right there!

grim one
07-29-2012, 12:23 PM
Xs 2

crlt250r
07-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Is that the true definition of conceit? "I will be sorely missed." Wow....

TheLane
07-29-2012, 02:11 PM
well ""I am the one and only legendary" rider.. good luck.

b0rn c0nfused
07-29-2012, 02:54 PM
It sounds like you was loved dearly....not

ThePhantomRider
07-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Finishing my farewell tour....Ego, is for those that lack the ability to truly fulfill their destiny and wish others to believe they have....

I myself will be missed, for I brought a level of information and intelligence not seen before or since. That is fact and fact does not need ego to validate it.

You will miss me....just wait.

TPR

ThePhantomRider
07-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Name one thing that has been proven false.....I got time.

TPR

crlt250r
07-29-2012, 05:22 PM
Didn't you retire? There is a bit of difference betwixt ego, and being a self centered conceited fool.

To believe that one has shared such a vast amount of knowledge.. must have been extremely long, and over embellished posts. A whopping 650 of them over the course of 6 years.

Til we meet again, Mr. legend...

Ruby Soho
07-29-2012, 05:34 PM
hahahaha

ThePhantomRider
07-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by crlt250r
Didn't you retire? There is a bit of difference betwixt ego, and being a self centered conceited fool.

To believe that one has shared such a vast amount of knowledge.. must have been extremely long, and over embellished posts. A whopping 650 of them over the course of 6 years.

Til we meet again, Mr. legend...

Says the guy with the impossibly long and obviously self obsessed signature....

You state that it would require a vast number of posts to make an indelible mark on any society. Did it not take one man to stop 4 tansk in Tienanmen Square? Did Orville and Wilbur Wright need to fly more than once to create history? No, and like those men, I lean towards crafting eloquent, informative, sometimes funny but always compelling works of literary information.

If I was like many others, I could have padded my stats with Cool! Awesome! Sweet ! LMAO posts...but see while I was sharing my gifts here I was also elsewhere on the web, thousands of posts to the masses to make sure that no one was left out. So now with my farewell tour, I will enjoy more time for my family, and will get to laugh at everyone who takes the only way to get the better of TPR...and that is to post a jab AFTER I've gone. Kind of like driving a Yugo around the Indy 500 circuit the day after the actual race and getting out and acting like you just won...anyone can do it, and they all look equally ridiculous

TPR

crlt250r
07-29-2012, 06:12 PM
Did I say conceited? I must apologise. For now I see that I was incredibly incorrect with saying that you are conceited. You sir, for some ungodly reason up until now as you prepare for retirement, are the epitome of a narcissist. To believe, or to be self convinced that your Napoleonistic self image will be missed.. Wow son, you're actually bordering on being a sociopathic.

Before you go to sleep tonight, think for a minute. The forums will continue, the world will still revolve, and very few will actually miss you. Problems that you would have supposedly solved will be solved just as quickly while you work on your golf game.. Enjoy your retirement Mr. Boneparte.

grim one
07-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by ThePhantomRider

TPR
the \honda

grim one
07-29-2012, 07:00 PM

TPR
the \honda

HondaRacing83
07-29-2012, 09:29 PM

TPR Damn near everything you said about the 2013 450r lol. Are you trying to force us to miss you? lol. We won't, goodbye and good riddence.

CJM
07-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Who are you now? :confused:

TheLane
07-30-2012, 11:47 AM
:confused: lol

crlt250r
07-30-2012, 11:58 AM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/Tater_woods/9833875.jpg

dxcody
07-30-2012, 12:02 PM
NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEY HEY HEY,,,,,, GOOOD BYEEEE!

rf928
07-30-2012, 03:34 PM
TPR, you seemed to take this forum too serious... Just saying

trick450r
07-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by rf928
TPR, you seemed to take this forum too serious... Just saying

x2 on that one...I think the best thing about this thread is how he tried to be so mature, and ended up in a 10 year old's bash fest with crlt hahaha.

DP #000
07-30-2012, 07:06 PM
i thought he was kidding on his post, but then i realized you were being serious. i dont know you, but you sound like an azzhole.

crlt250r
07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/Tater_woods/lastMeme-1.jpg

ben300
07-30-2012, 08:36 PM
^

crlt250r
07-31-2012, 02:04 AM
Thought it was better than another "lmao" post.

fandl450r
07-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Have fun, good luck. People take this stuff WAY too seriously.

muddy400EX
07-31-2012, 11:15 AM
i literally have no clue who this guy is

Jake250ex
07-31-2012, 12:58 PM
some dude that came in and acted like he has insider info on new models coming out then every bit of his info would be wrong. then he'd have some kind of excuse.

blaster99
08-01-2012, 05:47 AM
He was actually spot on about the Can-am. I think there was a few other stuff he was correct about too. Makes you wonder if some day we really are going to see this crazy new Honda...

ScramblerXLE
08-01-2012, 12:48 PM
The Honda does exist. The market just doesn't exist to sell it, so Honda isn't building it. No insider information here though, it's completely public. Here are the patents on 2 different designs of new EFI Aluminum Honda 450R filed by Honda around 2008:

http://ip.com/patfam/xx/39793004

http://ip.com/patent/US7954835

grim one
08-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Just cause there is a patent, does not mean it exists.
Plenty of patents come and go.

quad2xtreme
08-01-2012, 05:01 PM
The only responses should be...Congrats and Best Wishes! Anything else is just playing into the attention grabbing game...which is up to 4 pages already. If I had the power, I'd block additional posting to the thread to save everyone from falling into the trap.

400exc
08-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
The only responses should be...Congrats and Best Wishes! Anything else is just playing the into the attention grabbing game...which is up to 4 pages already. If I had the power, I'd block additional posting to the thread to save everyone from falling into the trap.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

ThePhantomRider
11-26-2012, 03:26 PM
Retirement has been great...though some people keep dragging me into discussions...

I appreciate all the well wishes, and I can absolutely see how much I have been missed. People here think they wanted me gone, but now that I am, my detractors have nothing to do.

I was, am and always will be the greatest prognosticator of the atv world, and while the global economy did impact my Honda prediction, I will never waiver in my stance.

I have been a great inspiration to many, a leader in discussion board innovation and completely transcend the medium itself to become an icon, even in the halls of the very manufacturers I spilled information on.

So back to retirement I go...you all are welcome and you have been blessed.

Good Tidings!

The Phantom Rider!