PDA

View Full Version : Alloybolts torgue numbers?

JOHNNY FIVE
07-28-2012, 12:15 PM
I put the stainless steel bolts from Alloybolts in my motor and followed the recommdations that came with them.I used anti seize on every bolt and torqued to 5 lbs.It just seems a little low of a number and i dont need bolts falling out when i finally get this thing going.So if anyone has used them and has any insight, id much appreciate it.

250rice
08-07-2012, 03:02 PM
i put mine at 10 or 12 and they still came loose so cheak them after every ride until they stay in for good

JOHNNY FIVE
08-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I ended up posting this on the other site and two guys responded,one of them an engine builder and they both said 6 max.They said the stainless bolts are harder so its more of an issue of possably stripping your cases.Did you use the anti seize or blue loc tite?

250rice
08-10-2012, 11:14 AM
i used anti seize i think thats y they came loose but iam sure i put them at 10 or 11 maybe 12. 6 just does not sound right to me but i would try it first you can always go up if you dont think it tight enough. does the bolt kit say not to use locktite of ant kind mine did. i also my have used to much anti seize to. but after i tighten them a few times they stayed tight.

JOHNNY FIVE
08-10-2012, 06:00 PM
My instructions said to use anti seize on all bolts but i could substitute blue loc tite on blind holes.Like the casses for instance.The instructions also had torque numbers and the bolts that go into the cases,the a2 metric,6m is supposed to be torqued to 4.4.My torque wrench dosnt go under 5.I actually called the guy at allloy bolts and asked him if i could just round it to 5 and he said that would be fine.Ive read other people on these forums having the same problem as you.So thats why i posted this in the first place.I posted this on the other site and carlos from bdt responded not torque past 6.So i think im going to stick to that.I think i may pull all the case bolts,clean off the anti seize and use loc tite to be safe.