PDA

View Full Version : Axle carrier question

Hardcore Icon
03-08-2003, 12:02 PM
A friend of the Icon's just toasted the bearings/carrier on his 2001 400ex. The Icon is looking into some new bearings and a carrier for him and came across a real good deal on the Lone Star Double Row Bearing Carrier.

Anyone else used this before?

It claims to be much stronger than stock, and it is a good deal. Is there any downside to the design??

Be cool,

Icon

Quadfather
03-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Hey Icon. I remember you from alt.atv

I have the cast aluminum Lonestar carrier, not the machined one. It does it's intended duty just fine. No problems after a year. While your at it, I would toss the stock locknuts, and buy a Mezsaros Motorsports locknut.

Are you still HardCore???????

Hardcore Icon
03-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Hey Quadfather, thanks for the info!

The Icon purchased the Lonestar carrier for his friend just a couple minutes ago. He's probably going to be a week or so before we have it running again, but it sounds like the Lonestar is going to be the ticket.

Which locknuts are you talking about? You mean the allen nuts that you loosen to adjust the chain? Or the axle nut itself?

The Icon is still as Hardcore as ever! A little over a month ago the Icon was crushed by a half ton piece of farm machinery and it didn't even break a bone! Smashed the hell out of the Icon, bruised the hell out of the Icon, but didn't break a bone.

Doctors said to take 2 weeks minimum off work, so the Icon took one week, and went back...... that's gotta qualify as pretty hardcore, don't you think?? haha

You ever post over on alt.atv?

Be cool,

Icon

shamisc
03-08-2003, 03:43 PM
The only problems I'm having is trying to run 16-36 combo. It doesn't give you as much adjustment as the factory carrier. But it will last 5 times longer and has less resistance than the factory carrier. It's definately a must have item! :D

03-08-2003, 05:27 PM
The Rico says buy the mofo..:macho

Quadfather
03-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Icon,

glad to hear you're okay after the "crushing". I don't go to alt.atv anymore, because I can't seem to access it from my new computer for reasons unknown to me.

The locknuts I'm talking about are the locknuts next to the caliper stay, on the axle. Once you loosen them, you can't seem to keep them tight.