PDA

View Full Version : Places to ride in lehigton/jim thorpe PA area

kono993
07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
just got a mtn house in the area and hear quads all the time just not sure where to ride. just from looking around on the web i heard there were some good trails near jim thorpe called "NEPA the old stripping mines" but not sure how to get there or where to park once i get there. but if anyone lives in the area and wants to ride im down!! would be nice to have sombody show me around a little lol

ill be up this weekend if anyone wants to ride just pm me!

heres a thread on it on another forum
http://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/places-ride/3310-awesome-place-ride.html

OldGuyonaQuad
07-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Not sure what the poster was speaking of but NEPA is chock full of defunct coal mines , roads and hills that are being utilized by off roaders some legal some not so much.

My current romp is Trevorton or Shamokin PA. I here tower city is decent but it's not cheap I think it's $300 for the year and $50 per guest per day and you must come with a member so no open riding. Trevorton which is run by RAC is $125 per year I think Lost Trails totally blows (I know I'm not alone here on that opinion)

try www.riderplanet.com click on the OHV trails and then pick your state.

Where about in the Poconos are you located?

kono993
07-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
Not sure what the poster was speaking of but NEPA is chock full of defunct coal mines , roads and hills that are being utilized by off roaders some legal some not so much.

My current romp is Trevorton or Shamokin PA. I here tower city is decent but it's not cheap I think it's $300 for the year and $50 per guest per day and you must come with a member so no open riding. Trevorton which is run by RAC is $125 per year I think Lost Trails totally blows (I know I'm not alone here on that opinion)

try www.riderplanet.com click on the OHV trails and then pick your state.

Where about in the Poconos are you located?

im in lehighton pa little south of trverton maybe 30min from me

ill have to check in to some of the permits and what not see what i need to ride.

400dude03
07-30-2012, 06:06 PM
hey kono where in bucks are you located, i live in holland and me and my buddies are looking for good legit places to ride, only places ive heard are lost trails(rocky as hell), breezewood, and some sand pits in the dirty jers, couple years back went on a great quad trip right around jim thorpe, trails for miles up and down 476

jtquad
10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Hey whats up? Id suggest asking Rob, SwampCat on www.QuadStateRiders.com He knows everything about PA and is also on some Boards etc for State riding I believe. The forum just launched a few days ago but I noticed a bunch of PA areas listed already that he put up - JT