PDA

View Full Version : do they make a hump seat for the 400?

TacicalRedneck
07-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Anyone know if they make a hump, preferably gripper seat or seatcover for the 400ex.

I know quadtech makes them for the 450r, but didn't see one for the 400.

Theres a guy local that says he can custom make me one but that'll be a pretty penny!

random pic ↓

http://www.dunestarracing.com/xcart/images/P/QuadTech-HSK1-L1.jpg

Kawie450r
07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
If its not on the website they most likely dont make it. You can try calling them and asking but good luck trying to get somoene to answer the phone.

dxcody
07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
Not that im aware of.

beastlywarrior
07-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Try jettrim

TacicalRedneck
07-24-2012, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
Try jettrim

no luck..... and pricey!

CJM
07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Give these guys a call. They make replacement seat covers and foams and such. http://hccamo.com/index.html#

I know they have some good stuff and they arent to $$$ either.

JOHNDOE83
07-24-2012, 07:22 PM
you could always make your own, That would be the best and most inexpensive.

TacicalRedneck
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by JOHNDOE83
you could always make your own, That would be the best and most inexpensive.

That would be pretty awesome.... I'm afraid i'd mess it up, after buying the expensive gripper material, the cool orange.... whateever it is, and all the slick... material stuff...

I wouldn't know how to do it...... if someone did a write-up on it... that's be awesome!! Man, i can't even sew..

JOHNDOE83
07-25-2012, 09:58 PM
You dont need to sew, buy a cheap extra seat from ebay, take off the seat cover.

Go to a joann fabrics store or a art store, buy some foam in different thickness and different density.

cut the foam to fit the seat where you want it, it can be glued on with contact cement, thats what upholstery shops use to do interior work and custom motorcycle seats.

you might even want to use styrofoam with a lighter foam over it so its not to soft.

The seat cover as long as the hump isnt to big will stretch over it just fine.

Maybe search youtube vids to see how its done.

ansimation
08-16-2012, 07:15 PM
A little late but to add to it, I called up a local furniture upholsterer when I realized my staple gun wouldn't cut it to put on my new seat covers and he only charged me $10 per seat. While there I talked to him about a hump and he said he could definitely do it. Didn't really ask him how much since it was too late, I was picking them up at the time but I would imagine it wouldn't have been overly expensive to have him do it. You might want to try something similar in your area.

I'd guesstimate that I could have it done for $150+/- with a new seat off ebay, a cover, and his involvement in putting it all together for me.