PDA

View Full Version : setting up shocks

krause19
07-23-2012, 12:05 AM
i have never had aftermarket shocks new. So i have never had to set them up, i bought some elkas front and rear and both are long travel just curious as to what ride height to set these at for xc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2001400exrida
07-23-2012, 08:22 AM
i think your best bet will be to send those shocks out and have them setup for your riding style and rider weight. If you bought them new you can always call elka and see what they suggest for ride height, sag, etc.

vegasjeep
07-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by krause19
i have never had aftermarket shocks new. So i have never had to set them up, i bought some elkas front and rear and both are long travel just curious as to what ride height to set these at for xc. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you bought them set of close to your weight then you can get them close to dialed. JD performance ha a great suspension set up on their page I think

krause19
07-23-2012, 07:30 PM
well let me rephrase that i bought them used with 2 races on them from a rider weighting less then myself.

So is my only choice to send them out?

krause19
07-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by vegasjeep
If you bought them set of close to your weight then you can get them close to dialed. JD performance ha a great suspension set up on their page I think

ya i looked but didnt see anything.