View Full Version : What is wrong with people?

bencasey217
07-22-2012, 07:35 PM
I saw nobody had made a thread about the shooting in Colorado Movie Theatre. I just want to know what was going through that guys head? What made him want to walk into a movie theatre and shoot innocent people? I pray for the heros that had given up their lives to save others.

Honda4life05
07-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Very sad...

MX450
07-22-2012, 08:12 PM
What you should be wondering is how an unemployed college dropout suddenly has the money for tens of thousands of dollars worth of military grade armor and weapons, and the knowledge to use it.. just days before the UN arms treaty is unveiled.. very sad for the families, very scary for our country.

HondaRacing83
07-22-2012, 08:24 PM
My grandma told me and i couldnt help but shake my head.

Smoker
07-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by MX450
What you should be wondering is how an unemployed college dropout suddenly has the money for tens of thousands of dollars worth of military grade armor and weapons, and the knowledge to use it.. just days before the UN arms treaty is unveiled.. very sad for the families, very scary for our country.

We're living in bad times. Your government does not have your best interest at heart, hasn't for some time. The UN treaty is bad news, they want to come take your guns away folks, what are you going to do?

CJM
07-22-2012, 08:59 PM
There are many sick people in this world. You cannot escape it. Things like this have happened since the dawn of man. From the texas uni massacre to columbine to this now, it will continue to happen.

Just think-if one person had been carrying a gun that night it coulda been prevented.

trick450r
07-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Smoker
We're living in bad times. Your government does not have your best interest at heart, hasn't for some time. The UN treaty is bad news, they want to come take your guns away folks, what are you going to do?

Obama can sign all the UN treatys he wants, it still has to get past congress. Good luck passing that one...

250x_kyle
07-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
Obama can sign all the UN treatys he wants, it still has to get past congress. Good luck passing that one...

then they would have to read the bill first. Gun control is a terrible idea.

HondaRacing83
07-22-2012, 11:04 PM
I'd love to see them come take my guns

sangheraent
07-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
Gun control is a terrible idea.
Can I ask you why you say that?

Before you think I'm some tree huger I own several guns and I have put my shotgun in a guys face while he was trying to rob me.

But why does someone need a fully automatic weapon?

I don't think gun control is the answer to this problem, look at these guys there heros to all the sickos out there and the media is making big bucks from them. People die everyday but nobody cares because its not interesting.

Why does it take multiple people to die for people to think there is a problem. Maybe there is some issues people have and we as society are just not giving a damn.

I don't know what Im trying to say but I think we are all looking at this from the wrong direction.

trick450r
07-23-2012, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by sangheraent

Before you think I'm some tree huger I own several guns and I have put my shotgun in a guys face while he was trying to rob me.

I don't think gun control is the answer to this problem, look at these guys there heros to all the sickos out there and the media is making big bucks from them. People die everyday but nobody cares because its not interesting.

Why does it take multiple people to die for people to think there is a problem. Maybe there is some issues people have and we as society are just not giving a damn.

I don't know what Im trying to say but I think we are all looking at this from the wrong direction.

I would suggest you take a look into what it takes to get your hands on a fully automatic. Nobody is shooing FA besides die hard collectors who are cool with dropping $25k on a real m16, or $50k++ for something like an m249 etc...I'm fine with that.

On the other hand, I think body armor should be completely illegal.

trick450r
07-23-2012, 06:51 AM
16000 Innocent victims are killed every year by drunk drivers, thousands of wives beaten by drunk husbands every year, thousands of drunken disputes landing one or both participants in the hospital...ill hand over my guns when the gov does the right thing for ONCE and outlaws bars, pubs, booze at sports games, serving alcohol in restaurants, and any other drinking of any kind anywhere but on your own private property.

If they can't control that, they have no right touching anyone's guns.

Ichoptop
07-23-2012, 08:03 AM
We have friends that were involved in the theater shooting last thursday night. Please do not turn this tragedy into a gun control / political argument or another sticking point for those wearing tin foil hats.

Condolences for those who lost and help for those what are traumatized is what is needed.

Support the Red Cross, give blood to your local hospital or just recognize that tragic things happen and keep those your loved ones close.

TacicalRedneck
07-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by CJM

Just think-if one person had been carrying a gun that night it coulda been prevented.

Oh yes, getting your concealed carry permit is definitely worth taking the classes, tests, and paying the fees.

What's bad is Obama will probably use this to restrict gun owner's rights.....

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.

It's a very Sad thing, Not only the shooting, but the fear of gun restriction from a corrupt gov't...

CJM
07-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Sadly I found out they restrict CCW and whatnot where the shooting took place. So it really wouldnt have helped all that much.

SRH
07-23-2012, 11:15 AM
has obama actually done anything to restrict gun ownership?

it kills me when i see ppl with shirts or stickers that say "how do you like his change now" well honestly were doing better than 08 so i like it

did ppl think he was going to wave a magic wand and we would all be rich, or are ppl just too dumb to know what change he was talking about

cant wait to see what happens if romney gets elected, guy is a snake, im not saying he might not get stuff done that obama is struggling with, but hes all about himself and his club not the average american

alanbmx
07-23-2012, 11:32 AM

He did not have a fully automatic weapon, it was a semi-automatic weapon no diferent than a semi-automatic hunting rifle, the only thing is it looks like a military weapon and it has a removable magizine that held 200 rounds.
the reason there were so many wounded and only 12 deaqd is because it was an AR-15. The AR-15 shoots the NATO round .223 a very small caliber at a high velocity designed to wound not kill.
As usual there is a ton of misinformation out there from the anti gun people. I heard one of the talking heads on MSNBC this morning saying it was a .50 caliber weapon. my heart goes out to the victoms. But he could have killed 12 plowing into them with a truck while they stood in line to buy tickets. Do not give away your rights thatmany have died for because of someones political agenda

HondaRacing83
07-23-2012, 11:50 AM
We own quite a few semi auto guns, including an AR 15. I don't believe me and my father have killed anyone. Guns dont kill people, people kill people.

CJM
07-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Evil exists in the world, things like this will continue to happen till we are extinct. Its just a fact of life, there is little we can really do to stop it either.

Problem is the public seems to live in fantasy unicorn land. A place where no harm ever comes from anyone or anything and we all apparently sing kumbaya by the campfire happily. Everyone has everything, no ones poor, no ones rich, were all equal happy idiots.

That whole notion is manufactured by the media and those who run this country. Face the facts-evil exists, people die and life sucks. When people accept this notion, perhaps things may change.

What now happens to this kid who shot everyone-a trial? Sure a trial, hes found guilty or insane it doesnt matter. We lock him up and throw away the key, then we gotta pay for him till he dies. Stoning or hanging him would be a much better solution and deter others as well.

Obviously this kid had shown signs of problems before, specially when they found the mother and she affirmed they had the right guy! How did she know...did she have a clue her son was most likely a mental case-YOU BETCHA! But she didnt do anything about it, probably stuck her head in the sand and ignored it-after all in her yes he was such a good boy!

Where there are sheep there will be wolves (http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/07/where_there_are_sheep_wolves_will_always_thrive.ht ml)

2001400exrida
07-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Sadly I found out they restrict CCW and whatnot where the shooting took place. So it really wouldnt have helped all that much.

the state of colorado allows conceal carry as long as you have applied for and been granted permission by the sheriffs.

Does aurora have a non conceal carry in that area?

I thought i lived in the only state that didn't allow conceal carry.

BlaineKaiser450
07-23-2012, 01:23 PM
The real tragedy here is that no one in the theater had a concealed carry permit. If someone had, he could have ended this before it even began, and the only casualty would have been the shooter. As soon as I turn 21, not a day will go by that I am not armed. Remember, if Guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. And the crime rate will increase, because criminals will know for a fact that their victims arnt armed. Whenever the government tells you that they are going to make you safer, be ready to lose some more of our already dwindling freedoms. As said by Jesse Ventura, "I'd rather be slightly more in danger and have all my freedoms than 100% safe locked in a box controlled by the Government"

CJM
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 2001400exrida
the state of colorado allows conceal carry as long as you have applied for and been granted permission by the sheriffs.

Does aurora have a non conceal carry in that area?

I thought i lived in the only state that didn't allow conceal carry.

I think aurora outlawed CCW as well as the theater didnt allow CCW either. HOWEVER it is illegal for a municipality to override state law-but they did anyways. As CO is an excellent CCW state.

OldGuyonaQuad
07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
We have friends that were involved in the theater shooting last thursday night. Please do not turn this tragedy into a gun control / political argument or another sticking point for those wearing tin foil hats.

Condolences for those who lost and help for those what are traumatized is what is needed.

Support the Red Cross, give blood to your local hospital or just recognize that tragic things happen and keep those your loved ones close.

Sorry and I hope you didn't loose anyone. Your position is noble and I would prefer to comply but it's pretty hard to ignore the 6 ton elephant in the room and the title of the thread is "What's wrong with people".

My condolences to those affected, this is truly a tragedy.

Hhmm another online political gun control debate. Yea these always go well normally I'm all in but I'm find myself speechless trying to argue against:

Originally posted by HondaRacing83
We own quite a few semi auto guns, including an AR 15. I don't believe me and my father have killed anyone. Guns dont kill people, people kill people. or

Originally posted by trick450r
16000 Innocent victims are killed every year by drunk drivers, thousands of wives beaten by drunk husbands every year, thousands of drunken disputes landing one or both participants in the hospital...ill hand over my guns when the gov does the right thing for ONCE and outlaws bars, pubs, booze at sports games, serving alcohol in restaurants, and any other drinking of any kind anywhere but on your own private property.

If they can't control that, they have no right touching anyone's guns.

:huh

extremeblastr
07-23-2012, 05:00 PM
my condolences to those with family and friends who were victims...
as for the gun control "those who give up liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - ben franklin

89trx250r
07-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Alanbmx not that it really matters but an ar-15 shoots 5.56 just fine ive gone through probably a thousand rounds since I gotten mine.

ben300
07-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by SRH
has obama actually done anything to restrict gun ownership?

it kills me when i see ppl with shirts or stickers that say "how do you like his change now" well honestly were doing better than 08 so i like it

did ppl think he was going to wave a magic wand and we would all be rich, or are ppl just too dumb to know what change he was talking about

cant wait to see what happens if romney gets elected, guy is a snake, im not saying he might not get stuff done that obama is struggling with, but hes all about himself and his club not the average american

are we really any better off now than '08? are you serious with that comment?! to spare an argument...take a look at three things, national debt, the devaluation of the US dollar, and the price it costs for things globally like food, gas, energy, etc....

i love you obama lovers. your good thinking americans, your just blinded by koolaid.....and just to clarify..i hate mit romney...i think he's a snake too.

CJM
07-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Somuch for following topic...anyway.

Were not even on the sinking ship anymore, were floating in the life rafts for a week now with no food and barely any water... Thats how bad it truly is.

muddy400EX
07-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Making gun laws stricter will not change anything. Anyone who thinks it will is brainwashed. Criminals will still get guns. If this guy couldnt buy them online, he would of just bought them illegaly, or walked up behind people with a knife and slit their throat. Or dropped a bomb in the middle of the theater and walked out.

Might as well let the good people protect themselves legally

This guy is getting exactly what he wanted. All over the news, being displayed as a mass killer. Like he's a damn super villain from a movie. Wish they would just drop it, kill him, and talk about the victims and their families.

alanbmx
07-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by 89trx250r
Alanbmx not that it really matters but an ar-15 shoots 5.56 just fine ive gone through probably a thousand rounds since I gotten mine.

you are right it does not matter a5.56 and a .223 are virtuly the same caliber and serve the same purpose to be a small dia high velocity round meant to wound not kill. My point is this is not an automatic weapon. those that think giving up rights because of a tradedy are in for a surprise. And a close friend of mine is the supervisor of the mother of this nut. I work about a mile from where this kid grew up.
And all of us on this forum enjoy something that Obama and his party want stopped so think about it. Any orginized racing and all motorsports be it racing or hot rodding your camaro or honda civic is under attack by the party of the left.
Do not give up your rights that this great nation was founded on. Look up who is trying to close your riding areas, the same people that now want new gun controls. Listen to what these nuts are saying, they want to know how he was able to buy a Glock handgun and a shotgun not to mention the AR-15

slightlybent47
07-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Lets look at the facts.
The theater was a no carry theater, witch means no one can legally carry a firearm on the premises.
Did the sign stop the crazy guy? No.
That sign on the door of that theater told the shooter that “he” would be the only one armed in the theater that night.
The law abiding citizens all left there guns at home or in there car as law abiding citizens will responsibly do.
The crazy man ignored the law and the sign as crazy people will do.
Having more restrictive gun laws will not stop things like this from happening.
If you took away all the legal guns in the United States from all the law abiding citizens then the only ones that would have guns is the crooks.

The question has been asked. Where did he get the money for the guns he had?
He was getting $26,000.00 a year from the government for school. It looks like he was planning it for some time. We all save money for things we want (like quads) he could have easily saved the money over time.

Bush repealed the assault gun law because it also included all semi automatics and lever guns and even bolt action guns as well as double action revolvers.

It’s like blaming the pencil company for all the wrong answers I get on a test.
It’s not the guns fault; it’s the person that uses it for evil.

Crazy people will use what ever they can find be it legal or not to do harm to others.
For example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2gQ2a6EtX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQiPAyCVyWM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma9I2CGEZ6Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JanoJ2vg5rM&feature=related

K-Dub
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
First off my thoughts and prayers out to the family and friends of the victims.

Now then Cain killed Able before the firearm was invented. Caveman killed caveman with rocks and sticks. The Indians killed Indians and the white man with bow and arrow, spears, and tomahawks made from rock, wood, and horse hair. Now lets think a minute about what a sick person could do in a dark theater with a bow n arrow, tomahawk, wire saw with handles, or a knife? All would be way more stealthy. Just think what a 12 gauge pump with double or triple 0 would of done. Lets face it humans have been killing other humans for what ever reason since God put us on this earth and will continue till the end of time! If the anti gun people take the guns away, what are they gonna want next? The Automobile? As already stated drunk drivers kill and wound more people a year than firearms. A person could drive a vehicle through a crowded play ground killing more people. You gonna take away airplanes, they have been flown into buildings killing thousands. How about the hands at the end of our arms? Man has killed man with bare hands! Forks and butter knifes? Man has killed man with these. How about a butcher knife? How about we all get our own padded cell so we can not hurt ourselves or anyone else?

Ban guns or certain ones. Go ahead and make the Mexican cartels richer. We can't stop drugs from coming over the boarder, you think we could stop firearms? Then only the criminals would be armed and the cartels even more out of hand and powerful! It works in England but it is and island.

Why do I need a AR15? Because the 2nd amendment gives me that right, so I can defend my home against invaders foreign or domestic. The 2nd was written so WE THE PEOPLE WOULD BE ARMED EQUAL TO US MILITARY. Armed equal to so if the US government became tyrants like the British that was governing us, WE THE PEOPLE COULD TAKE BACK THE GOVERNMENT. SO the US government would be keep in check. So no dictator could take over the country military or otherwise . To ensure the protection of the other amendments. The 2nd protects the 1st! How long you think the 1st will last without the second? What will all the protesters do without the 1st? Go to jail!Lets also remember that the Constitution was written by Radicals and that is the mind set you have to read it in. Lets look at history a moment. Go back to the mid 30s, remember a guy named Hitler and the Nazi party? He disarmed his country so the people had no means to stop him. Is this what we want? The continental US has not be invaded since the war of 1812 by other than Japaneses bomb balloons in WWII. Take a guess to why that is? Why does the rest of the world want to disarm WE THE PEOPLE? Cause WE THE PEOPLE make up like the 5th largest army in the world!

CJM
07-23-2012, 07:01 PM
Ill add that the bulldozer video, the man responsible was screwed by his city govt over a land dispute among other things. Doesnt make it right tho.

Also, england has outlawed guns pretty much. Seems it hasnt stopped dirtbags b/c now they just use knives and bats!

Wasnt it a japanese general that said, when asked about invading america-something along the lines of "its a bad idea b/c behind every blade of grass lies a man with a gun"?

If anything the govt is growing all too powerful by the day it seems. Our basic weaponry cant contend with them either.

K-Dub
07-23-2012, 07:14 PM
I hear you on all you said. But I always remember what the Viet Cong did to the mighty US military in the 60's. Now I know we had one hand tied behind our backs, but Vietnam was no bigger than Ohio also. So I believe when the time comes WE THE PEOPLE have a fighting chance.

Do we blame the car/truck when a drunk driver kills someone? Did we blame the airplanes for 911? So why do we blame a firearm when a sick coward uses one? Yes I say coward, because anyone that attacks unarmed people armed is a coward. The firearm has no control over what it does, it has no emotion.

I think every prudent man or women should be allowed to carry on their hip firearm of choice. Nothing concealed, out in the open. Then put stiffer penalty's on people who use them wrong, not new laws that prevent nothing but a law abiding person from having a firearm. Think more banks would be robbed if the robber walked in and seen 10 people holstered? Think the hijackers would have hit the towers if the people on the planes was packing heat? Would they have even tried cause theirs odds of success decreased.

Also the punishment for those that kill like this should be left up to the family's that lost loved ones! Be that the perpetrator be put in a cage unarmed with the family members to do as they please or they choose life in prison for the person.

CJM
07-23-2012, 07:27 PM
THUNDERDOME!!!

K-Dub
07-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Exactly!

I love Old glory, but I have a Gadsden flag hanging on my wall right beside her. To me the Gadsden flag represents more of what the four fathers wanted this country to be.

finsteratv
07-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Sicko should already be dead, it may seem sick but hell I'd watch. Guns aren't at fault it's the messed up people using them. Kill that *******.

slightlybent47
07-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Outlawing assault weapons at this point is not an option. Because so many criminals have them we need them so we can defend ourselves with weapons that are equal to what we are being assaulted with.
The original intent for the 2nd amendment was to protect ourselves from our own government and that was fine back in the day when it was put in place.
Back then everyone was armed with muskets, citizens and the government alike.
Now days our army’s have sophisticated weapons and we only have primitive weapons compared to them
There’s no way anyone can defend themselves from our government.
One only needs to look a Waco or Ruby Ridge to see that.

K-Dub
07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Totally agree Finster!

Slightlybent: I disagree Waco and Ruby was done the wrong way. They held up in buildings were the ATF knew they was and could bring more and more of an arsenal in till they over whelmed. You got to think like Uncle Charles: hit and run tactics. Guerrilla warfare, hide in plain site amongst the people.

250x_kyle
07-23-2012, 11:30 PM

I feel that there are multipule issues. one being the media they emphasize all the wrong things and blow everything all out of wack. I cant stand watching the news they never have their facts right. the other issue is that justice is never really served people live out the rest of their lives in prison or it takes years for execution. The old fashion publing hangings would probably make people think a little more.

ALAMX37
07-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
I'd love to see them come take my guns

Just what is it do you think you can do to stop them? You may think you would be able to stop them but the reality is you will do as your told or you will be detained, that simple. It's not right but there is nothing one individual can do to prevent this.

TheLane
07-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Lol make owning a gun illegal...Tell me how criminals obey the law.... /Willy Wonka.

CJM
07-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Just what is it do you think you can do to stop them? You may think you would be able to stop them but the reality is you will do as your told or you will be detained, that simple. It's not right but there is nothing one individual can do to prevent this.

Its not like they are going to go door to door asking for guns. Maybe it worked in NOrleans, but Id like to see them try in some other places where people shoot back at them.

It would be stupidity to try, instead they just use your info about owning guns to restrict you in an important manner. ALA you own guns, you cant get a drivers license-or something of that sort. Also theres just to many guns out there to openly and easily collect.

Im also aware many would comply if they asked for them, but many, many more I doubt would go along with it. They try a stunt like that they awake a sleeping giant. Thats why they invent legislation that restricts them in some manner-all sneaky like too.Its far easier to implement and get away with.

As also already mentioned too-if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns. The UK is a shining example of this.

slightlybent47
07-24-2012, 02:33 PM
A military solder is sworn to uphold the constitution and defend America from all threats both furan and domestic. This does not mean that have to fallow all orders given by there commanding officer. If that order is unlawful then the solder can refuse to obey that command.
You must remember that our military is made up of our own citizens, (Your brother, sister, uncle, dad, mother and so on).
Even if the commander and chief said we are coming for your guns, the military would have to cooperate and carry it out. I just don’t think our armed forces (our relatives) would come to disarm the public (there friends and family) if that order was ever given. Even if it was a lawful order.

ALAMX37
07-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Its not like they are going to go door to door asking for guns. Maybe it worked in NOrleans, but Id like to see them try in some other places where people shoot back at them.

It would be stupidity to try, instead they just use your info about owning guns to restrict you in an important manner. ALA you own guns, you cant get a drivers license-or something of that sort. Also theres just to many guns out there to openly and easily collect.

Im also aware many would comply if they asked for them, but many, many more I doubt would go along with it. They try a stunt like that they awake a sleeping giant. Thats why they invent legislation that restricts them in some manner-all sneaky like too.Its far easier to implement and get away with.

As also already mentioned too-if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns. The UK is a shining example of this.

Trust me brother I feel you, but I am willing to give up my guns to buy myself enough time to locate to another country. My dad just got picked up on a federal weapons charge and thy showed up in force immediately detained all of us and flipped the house. I really think this is what they would do. Plus they have all the drones flying over our heads collecting info everyday. We are dealing with a truly unstoppable force, the only way to ever stop te machine is to stand up in unison which will never happen in this country.

CJM
07-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Trust me brother I feel you, but I am willing to give up my guns to buy myself enough time to locate to another country. My dad just got picked up on a federal weapons charge and thy showed up in force immediately detained all of us and flipped the house. I really think this is what they would do. Plus they have all the drones flying over our heads collecting info everyday. We are dealing with a truly unstoppable force, the only way to ever stop te machine is to stand up in unison which will never happen in this country.

It isnt much better anywhere else in the world, unless your on own private island.

@bent:

They seemed to follow orders just fine in NOrleans.

Watch the video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyfkQkchlu4&feature=player_embedded

slightlybent47
07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub

Slightlybent: I disagree Waco and Ruby was done the wrong way. They held up in buildings were the ATF knew they was and could bring more and more of an arsenal in till they over whelmed. You got to think like Uncle Charles: hit and run tactics. Guerrilla warfare, hide in plain site amongst the people.

That may sound like a good plan but, all they have to do is use there propaganda machine (the media) to say you are a child molester and the public will find you for them.

K-Dub
07-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
That may sound like a good plan but, all they have to do is use there propaganda machine (the media) to say you are a child molester and the public will find you for them.

I get what your saying, but I have to believe that there is enough people in this country that would go against the BS. People used to hide the outlaws in the wild west, surely there is enough American spirit left from our four fathers for people to help out. If not, turn out the lights and hand the keys to the Chinese.

Also in the 90s they polled the US military about what they would do if WE THE PEOPLE rose up to take back our country. Like 80% said they would not fight against their family's if a revolution was started. I am at work and don't have time to hunt it up right now, but will try when I get home. But Clinton signed a law stating that if ever WE THE PEOPLE rose up that the government can hire another country's military to come fight us. If you wanna look it up yourself, it can be found on one of them .gov sites. Now I hope to God if our own government ever hires another country's military to fight us (WE THE PEOPLE) that the Men and Women in the US military would be "oh no you are not taking out my family this way", and turn the mighty US war machine against the government and their hired military.

muddy400EX
07-25-2012, 07:21 PM
I get what your saying, but I have to believe that there is enough people in this country that would go against the BS. People used to hide the outlaws in the wild west, surely there is enough American spirit left from our four fathers for people to help out. If not, turn out the lights and hand the keys to the Chinese.

Also in the 90s they polled the US military about what they would do if WE THE PEOPLE rose up to take back our country. Like 80% said they would not fight against their family's if a revolution was started. I am at work and don't have time to hunt it up right now, but will try when I get home. But Clinton signed a law stating that if ever WE THE PEOPLE rose up that the government can hire another country's military to come fight us. If you wanna look it up yourself, it can be found on one of them .gov sites. Now I hope to God if our own government ever hires another country's military to fight us (WE THE PEOPLE) that the Men and Women in the US military would be "oh no you are not taking out my family this way", and turn the mighty US war machine against the government and their hired military.

that would be nutz, thats movie/video game material:cool:

ben300
07-25-2012, 08:33 PM

hte only way there will be a mass uprising in teh US is if they turn the power out. thats it. people in our country are to lazy, to content, to stupid, adn to afraid to do anything if it came down to it....we sit here adn talk about the good ol boys and how they'll uprsie...well, id venture to say that four every 5 "good ol boys" that say they wont let th gov't take their guns, or they'll uprise against, id be 4/5 dotn do **** and go along iwth it.....

...we already let the gov't get away with things that were thought monstrously evil by our for fathers, adn we just sit back and let them do it. they've been doing it for decades. its just that the internte has made more appearant and more accessible to us.....and its effectively going on, not jsut in the US, but globally. i dont agree iwth anythign the gov't does, but your just going to watch our country become more and more and more dependent and controlled by them. we'eve dont it to our selves...

and we really shouldnt ***** about our country going down the crapper....toher than a weee economy, we are far better off than 99% of the world! Trust me, our life in teh states is pretty darn good. im currently in Australia for work, just outside of Sydney, and I cant wait to come home. Australia is a pretty industrialized country, and we definitley have it better in the states.

they hardly have guns here...they're laws are so restrictive its sickening...and every day, i wake up, flip on the TV before work, turn on their version of good morning america or the today show called "sunrise"...adn listen to them belittle us because of our gun laws....i cant wait to come home

CJM
07-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Something has to hit very close to home for there to be an uprising of some sort.

Plague/Pandemic, lights go out, govt becomes so overbearing ala the former USSR, economy tanks and our moneys worth nothing (look at Argentina-but they somehow managed it seems), etc. It must be widespread and major for something to happen. And its not like its going to begin immediately with stuff like red dawn-takes time.

slightlybent47
07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Look at the last big depression back in the early 1900’s. People were standing in bread lines and very few people had jobs. Did they rise up in arms?
Most stayed as long as they could until the banks hired mercenaries to kick people off there land. Some fought back but most just packed up and left and started camping out in the streets.
What brought us out of that depression was World War I.
Even though we were in a depression most people had faith in the government.
If you were an able bodied man you ether volunteered or you were forcibly drafted.
This required the government to issue war bonds to raise money for the war effort.
This was back when the country only printed as much money as was in the gold reserves.

Here is where it gets interesting. Women and children did most of the fund raising and doing all the jobs they the men used to do. Working in factories and building all the stuff that was used in the war effort. Having scrap metal drives to collect steel for the war effort.
The government paid people to do this work, and the men got paid to fight.
Once the war was over people had money to spend and they were so glad the war was over. They celebrated by coming home and rebuilding this country.

Times were deferent and people were deferent.

Things are much deferent today.
There is no forced draft anymore. Wars fought today are mostly high tech so we don’t need ground troops like we did back then.
Back then information was slow and many people didn’t even have electricity to listen to a radio.
Now day’s information is instant and unreliable. Anyone with a cell phone can post information that may or may not be true. (no accountability)

I think the only way there will be an uprising is if we have a major pandemic where the government can not function anymore.

ben300
07-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Look at the last big depression back in the early 1900’s. People were standing in bread lines and very few people had jobs. Did they rise up in arms?
Most stayed as long as they could until the banks hired mercenaries to kick people off there land. Some fought back but most just packed up and left and started camping out in the streets.
What brought us out of that depression was World War I.
Even though we were in a depression most people had faith in the government.
If you were an able bodied man you ether volunteered or you were forcibly drafted.
This required the government to issue war bonds to raise money for the war effort.
This was back when the country only printed as much money as was in the gold reserves.

Here is where it gets interesting. Women and children did most of the fund raising and doing all the jobs they the men used to do. Working in factories and building all the stuff that was used in the war effort. Having scrap metal drives to collect steel for the war effort.
The government paid people to do this work, and the men got paid to fight.
Once the war was over people had money to spend and they were so glad the war was over. They celebrated by coming home and rebuilding this country.

Times were deferent and people were deferent.

Things are much deferent today.
There is no forced draft anymore. Wars fought today are mostly high tech so we don’t need ground troops like we did back then.
Back then information was slow and many people didn’t even have electricity to listen to a radio.
Now day’s information is instant and unreliable. Anyone with a cell phone can post information that may or may not be true. (no accountability)

I think the only way there will be an uprising is if we have a major pandemic where the government can not function anymore.

i still dont think with a pandemic youd see ppl uprise...i just think youd see people just die...and thats do to our severe population and population density...you may see small riots and what not...

only if the power goes out would you see people truly freak

slightlybent47
07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Another major deference between people of today and yesterday is we don’t make anything anymore.
Back 100 years ago, people were much more self sufficient then we are. Most people were craftsmen and could make things and raise there own food.
Now days people are much more dependant on others to get what they need.
Having some kind of uprising would mean these people would have to defend for themselves and I don’t think most are willing to do that.

There’s a new TV series coming out that depicts what would happen if the lights went out.
I wonder how close to reality they will get.

Are they trying to prepare us for what’s coming?

Your rite, Turn the lights out and **** will hit the fan, I’m sure of that. We would be thrown back into the dark ages. No refrigeration, no internet, no computers. We would be back to riding horses and living off the land. At least for those that servive.lol

CJM
07-26-2012, 05:39 PM
Its simple really:

As bent explained, people way back when were better. They werent rude, nasty, obnoxious jerks we have today. The world has changed for the worse, god forbid you take away the welfare checks or the tv or something and it would be insane. Just look at what happened during the Watts riots or the rodney king incident in 92.

People arent nice, they will stomp on you and take whatever you have if they want it. NOrleans is a perfect example, and dare I say it (yea Im a bit racist Ill admit it) but people of color are the worst. Ill admit for centuries now they havent been treated right, but when something sets them off they go like wildfire. Look at the recent walmart flash mob/loot-a-thon. All b/c the cops broke up a party they were having.

No, people today are dangerous creatures. Im willing to bet that if it came down to it a person could be killed over a can of beans. Look at the demographics, it adds up.

All that has to happen is for the infrastructure to fail, a pandemic, whatever. As soon as theres a collapse in civility you best stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye-cause it aint gonna be pretty.

Groups like gangs, cops, rogue military, politicians, bikers, criminals, drug addicts, etc. They are already in some cases highly organized and ready to pounce-just need the opportunity. If they arent organized they will be or they will work individually to get what they want. Try and reason with a crackhead when theres no more crack and you wont like the outcome. Piss off bikers even today and you better watch out, heaven forbid you cross the KKK, skinheads, gangs or whatever-they dont care about killing you for that can of beans. It doesnt bother them.

Look at it like this: Without infrastructure we dont have much. We really dont make things here, they boat it in from overseas, our food is imported or grown in certain areas then trucked in, no walmart and you cant buy stuff, no trucks or gas or whatever to ship it to us and what do we do? People are sufficient at all, how many can even change a tire on a car or sew a shirt or something-maybe what 10%-20% at best? how many rely on the govt and taxpayers to fund them (welfare and the likes)-they know NOTHING else. When the trucks stop coming-what do we do then?

What about people with diseases such as diabetes? No insulin and they die.. How many more are like that int hat they need medications or care? Something happens even in a localized area people die due to the lack of infrastructure. How many will kill to get grandpas insulin?

Course, all of this surmises something is mostly widespread. This means things like the lights going out, pandemic, invasion (unlikely but hey ya never know..), mass riots over something, civil war, etc. Can it happen, its not a matter of can-its a matter of when. When will it happen, no one truly knows. But as I sit here writing this, our currency is nearing mass inflation and closely becoming worthless sooner than later, people are unemployed and out of money, all it takes is a spark. Should the "GREATER" depression come about, it will not be pretty. Dont think it cant happen here, look at Argentina as I talked about earlier. Were on the same path they currently are on, except were at the start. Btw incase your too lazy to look it up,short and sweet-they collapsed economically. There were riots, the govt stepped in and quelled it and restructured itself after a time. its still highly dangerous and people are kidnapped for money, people are robbed for whatever pleases the robber, its still dangerous. But they did pick themselves up out of it slightly, its been 12 years but they still live it and will continue for some time. Look it up, cause unless we fix our current situation were on that path.

Ruby Soho
07-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Another major deference between people of today and yesterday is we don’t make anything anymore.
Back 100 years ago, people were much more self sufficient then we are. Most people were craftsmen and could make things and raise there own food.
Now days people are much more dependant on others to get what they need.
Having some kind of uprising would mean these people would have to defend for themselves and I don’t think most are willing to do that.

There’s a new TV series coming out that depicts what would happen if the lights went out.
I wonder how close to reality they will get.

Are they trying to prepare us for what’s coming?

Your rite, Turn the lights out and **** will hit the fan, I’m sure of that. We would be thrown back into the dark ages. No refrigeration, no internet, no computers. We would be back to riding horses and living off the land. At least for those that servive.lol

i agree with this, and the above post by cjm.

isnt it sad though? looking @ the situation from a hands on working class guys perspective. besides the friends that i have, and some guys that i work with. most people i know would absolutely crumble in a situation like that. hell even most tradesmen these days can possibly be great at what they do but put them in another field (not only work related) and they bust as well.

our society is a joke. i hear of guys who get a flat tire and cant put their spare on. thats flat out embarrassing if you ask me.

and hell if the kardashian tv show goes off the air the **** would hit the fan....yeah i wish i grew up before my generation.

slightlybent47
07-26-2012, 06:25 PM
If something were to happen, I think it would be difficult to survive even if you have the capability to do so. The people that live in rule areas would be over run by the millions that would be fleeing the cities. Desperation would set in and people will take what you have instead of ask.
Gardens take time to grow, and they only grow in certain times of the year.
Wild life would be wiped out for food. Millions will die in a relative short time, the first to go will be the sick and elderly and those dependant on medication. Pockets of riots will break out for what goods are left for the taking.
Looting will start for what’s left.
After everything is gone many more will die from lack of recourses.
It would be a big mess for sure.

CJM
07-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Exactly you two!

I feel the further you are away from it all the better, but nowhere are you truly safe.

However as the horde leaves the cities, staying put for a bit might be the answer. Salvaging whats left b/c your neighbors sure arent coming back.

Im embarrassed to be living in a country about 80% I deem to be idiots. They only care abotu the next great thing, ignore the economy, the world, anything else pretty much. EXCEPT american idol or dancing with the stars or something.

Should something happen were SOL. It sure as hell wont be a cakewalk.

K-Dub
07-30-2012, 08:46 PM
You guys all have great points. I agree most of us are to lazy to do anything about it. Something else I find sad and think if the government took it away again there deffentily would be riots and that is alcohol! I live out in the country and over the last ten or so years I have watched that if alcohol isn't allowed at a function the function doesn't have a good turnout. Be it a dry wedding reception or what have you. It just seems that a good time has to involve alcohol anymore. Even riding/racing is following this trend. I see more and more people moving away from here and I would think it would be because of lack of jobs, but more time than not its because the partying is better. Go figure.

slightlybent47
08-01-2012, 05:18 PM
In recent days India had the biggest black out in world history. The US has had its share of blackouts, some intentional and some not.
Most people don’t realize how under capacity our energy grid is. Power is generated in an on demand manner. Electricity can’t be stored, it has to be generated as we use it.
Just today we were asked to reduce our electricity consumption so that the grid would not shut down.
This tells me we need more capacity to generate what we need as we need it.
I hear nothing that is being done to correct the problem. Sooner or later the lights may go out and stay out for a long period of time.
After hurricane Ike I went without power for 11 days. Some went without it for much longer.
That was a natural disaster, but rolling blackouts are common when the grid get overloaded. Why is it being overloaded?
In a country where we are considered to be one of the best, and most technically superior, Why do we have blackouts at all?

CJM
08-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Our infrastructure is really, really, really inadequate.

Electricity is just one problem, waterways another. My all time favorite, bridges and such are literally crumbling but nothings done. Some guy did a show on history channel a few times about it.

I especially liked how he showed that in (chicago maybe? coulda been philly tho or detroit IDK anymore) how there was a fire and they just built right over the ruins. Thats right they just covered over the rubble and built on it. Complete with a HUGE gaping hole under a roadway you could see and go into from what used to be the first floor but now a basement of a building on a main road!

slightlybent47
08-01-2012, 07:15 PM
There are many cities that are built on top of ruins. That’s nothing new. There are plenty of places that have lots of underground ruins.
Where I live there is a major road that is supposed to go by my house. But there is a land fill 200 feet high directly in the way. I have no idea how there going to put a road across it. If they don’t go over the land fill they will have to buy up a lot of houses in order to go around. Mine being one of them.

ben300
08-01-2012, 09:17 PM
In recent days India had the biggest black out in world history. The US has had its share of blackouts, some intentional and some not.
Most people don’t realize how under capacity our energy grid is. Power is generated in an on demand manner. Electricity can’t be stored, it has to be generated as we use it.
Just today we were asked to reduce our electricity consumption so that the grid would not shut down.
This tells me we need more capacity to generate what we need as we need it.
I hear nothing that is being done to correct the problem. Sooner or later the lights may go out and stay out for a long period of time.
After hurricane Ike I went without power for 11 days. Some went without it for much longer.
That was a natural disaster, but rolling blackouts are common when the grid get overloaded. Why is it being overloaded?
In a country where we are considered to be one of the best, and most technically superior, Why do we have blackouts at all?

more often than not, when they tell you to try and reduce your engery consumption, its not to help the grid, but to actually help take strain of the power plants themselves. whent eh temps get super hot in summer, and people begin cranking up the AC's and between residential and comercial properties, some powerplants have an extremely hard time keeping up with the electrical demand.

i worke dat a power plant as a generation engineer for a while, and they would always get super cautious about the plant when the temps would rise in teh summer. its harder to produce electricity when its hot, and its harder on the plants themselves.

i will agree that the grid is not as good as i tshould be, but its substantially better than most modern countries today.

slightlybent47
08-01-2012, 11:23 PM
When I said grid I was including power plants as well.lol
The question is why are we depending on a system that is not able to keep up with demand. The more electricity they sell the more money they make. Right?
I suspect the EPA has something to do with it.
Building new power plants will have to be done under more EPA regulations and will cost so much it’s not cost effective.
Witch means that government has once again created so much red tape and cost that companies are not putting back into the system as they would be otherwise.
The same thing applies to refineries that make gas.

Talk about creating jobs! We could put most people back to work rebuilding things that are very old and need replacing. Pipe lines, sewer lines, electrical grid and so on.
Many of these systems are over 100 years old.

I was pulling trees from an old oil field one time and all the pipe lines were only buried 1 to 2 feet deep. These were very high presser lines, around 700 to 1000 psi.
We were told if we hit one of those lines we would be killed instantly.
I was told the reason these lines were only a foot deep was because the government paid the refineries to hire people to burry the lines. They were given sharp shooter shovel and told to burry them one shovel deep.
Some of the lines were still lying on top of the ground. This was done back in the 50's.

For me something just doesn’t add up.
I’m beginning to suspect that those in the know know something is coming and will change our whole way of life and there nothing they can do about it. So instead of fixing anything on a long term basis there just waiting for the sky to fall and there keeping us in the dark.

I just hope it all goes down after I kick the bucket.lol

ben300
08-02-2012, 03:51 AM
When I said grid I was including power plants as well.lol
The question is why are we depending on a system that is not able to keep up with demand. The more electricity they sell the more money they make. Right?
I suspect the EPA has something to do with it.
Building new power plants will have to be done under more EPA regulations and will cost so much it’s not cost effective.
Witch means that government has once again created so much red tape and cost that companies are not putting back into the system as they would be otherwise.
The same thing applies to refineries that make gas.

Talk about creating jobs! We could put most people back to work rebuilding things that are very old and need replacing. Pipe lines, sewer lines, electrical grid and so on.
Many of these systems are over 100 years old.

I was pulling trees from an old oil field one time and all the pipe lines were only buried 1 to 2 feet deep. These were very high presser lines, around 700 to 1000 psi.
We were told if we hit one of those lines we would be killed instantly.
I was told the reason these lines were only a foot deep was because the government paid the refineries to hire people to burry the lines. They were given sharp shooter shovel and told to burry them one shovel deep.
Some of the lines were still lying on top of the ground. This was done back in the 50's.

For me something just doesn’t add up.
I’m beginning to suspect that those in the know know something is coming and will change our whole way of life and there nothing they can do about it. So instead of fixing anything on a long term basis there just waiting for the sky to fall and there keeping us in the dark.

I just hope it all goes down after I kick the bucket.lol

in not here to argue with you or start adn argument or anything, but electricity demand in teh states is extremely low right now. actually probably as low as it has been in teh better part of a decade....coal consumption is ever decreasing, natural gas companies are producing gas at alarming rates wiht no one buying it up, and major power companies, ie first energy, southern company, florida p&l, relient, bhp-billiton, etc, are all actually closing plants down because of the lack of demand for electricity in the US.......i wish it was the other way around, my job depends on the US consumption of coal, directly!

i will agree with you though, there will be no new power plants built in the US in the near future, well at least ones that require fossil fuels or radioactive materials as fuel (these are the only plants that really generate electricity).....between environmental regulations, and government regulations, its will not be good for building new plants, or ever keeping current plants open for that matter. but dont worry though, the power companies are really not that worried about this. this just means thtey can charge more for energy in the long run