PDA

View Full Version : Video - inspiration

thequadfather+2
07-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I just thought I would share this. This is one of my favorite inspirational videos and really applies to both sides of the fence in motocross. When I see all the post about what is wrong with the sport and what all the problems are I just really go back to why I do it and what keeps pushing us to load up and drive all over the country to do this. The thing about this video is that I think I can relate to almost everything that is being talked about and the things those families are going through. I think it really hits home when the guy at the end says they are not there for a pro ride or contract, they are there because it's his son's dream.

If you have an extra 20 minutes this video is worth the time. See you guys at Loretta's..........

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KIBguJMJFKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jungleboy213
07-22-2012, 04:19 PM
I took Noah and Keaton down there Friday to get them excited. I never realized that the track is covered in grass most of the year. It's totally different without all of the semis, campers and trailers there. We can't wait.

Logan #34's Dad
07-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Ohh how we can relate to the Owen's family........... And they only live 25 minutes from us. We must drink the same "no luck" water.

neveready
07-23-2012, 02:09 PM
I can honestly say this brought a tear to my eye!! I don't think most people understand it (sometimes I myself don't), but it's who we are and what we do.

I can honestly say that most of the best people I've met in my life have been at the race track.

You should make a video to reflect the same for the atv folks, I'm down for an interview!

miniquaddad90
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by neveready
[B]I can honestly say this brought a tear to my eye!! I don't think most people understand it (sometimes I myself don't), but it's who we are and what we do.

I can honestly say that most of the best people I've met in my life have been at the race track.

Couldnt say it any better myself! AWESOME video!

quadrider79
07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Just watched the video. One word comes to mind,WOW !!!!!!!! We all do this for one reason---
OUR KIDS.

edwardsp&b
07-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Videos like this always put things in perspective for me...........Its seems I always have someone in my life questioning why we race, and spend all our money on racing. For some reason they just dont understand. My kids love it, and I love it. Reason enough for me!!!!!
Bryan

nastynotchback1
07-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by edwardsp&b
Videos like this always put things in perspective for me...........Its seems I always have someone in my life questioning why we race, and spend all our money on racing. For some reason they just dont understand. My kids love it, and I love it. Reason enough for me!!!!!
Bryan

Thats all that matters to use.Shoot even my wife wonders why sometimes but the smile on my sons face and the joy he gets from it answers the question for her.

Bens Dad
07-24-2012, 09:15 AM
I have watched this vedio 3 times now, and I let my kids watch it last night! After it was over both my kids came over and gave me a hugh. I was amazed that a 9 and 6 year old kid could understand what Mom and Dad do for them. Proud to be a Race Dad!!!!!!!! And the people that come along with it are some of my best friends!

Thanks Carson I needed that!

#404's Dad
07-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Watched this the other night when ya posted it and just watched and uploaded it to Facebook, got Goose Bumps and Tears both times, Bruce I think you need to make a similar video for the Quad Racers man.

thequadfather+2
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
I would like to do a video like that. I could get the shots and the stories, possibly even edit it in decent fashion but it takes a good narrator for the voice-over..... Def not me. The camera they used has better sound capability than mine. The narrator is also using a quality sound room/studio and equipment. The parents are wearing mic's too. I believe I could do ok but compared to that it would be tough. Those guys are professionals.

#404's Dad
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by thequadfather+2
I would like to do a video like that. I could get the shots and the stories, possibly even edit it in decent fashion but it takes a good narrator for the voice-over..... Def not me. The camera they used has better sound capability than mine. The narrator is also using a quality sound room/studio and equipment. The parents are wearing mic's too. I believe I could do ok but compared to that it would be tough. Those guys are professionals.

You Can Do It =)

121dad
07-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I'm sure we can get Rodney to do the voice over

thequadfather+2
07-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Hey thats a pretty good idea. Rodney does a good job.

On a side note we are going to put up a big screen TV at our camp and play all the videos at night, everyone will be welcome to come by. We will be cooking fish on either Friday or Saturday night. I will have a few extra copies of the season highlights in DVD and Blu-Ray for 10 bucks each. That just covers the cost of the Blu-Ray burner, conversion software for the DVD's and the disc themselves.