PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop. This is hard!

wilkin250r
07-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Holy cow, this program is complex!

At the moment I'm just trying to figure it out and do some basic photo editing. I'm not doing anything complex, but figuring out the tools, how they work, ect ect.

Is there some sort of tutorial booklet I can read?

sly400ex
07-22-2012, 01:15 AM
Whats going on man! I'm trying to learn solid works right now, many good tutorials on youtube. I'm sure you can learn a lot out there for Photoshop too.

yellowzo3
07-22-2012, 08:00 AM
I had to use photoshop for some projects in school and yes, it is very involved :p ... Like sly mentioned you can check out youtube tutorials for some help. I used a lot of online articles and I found that worked best for me. They show pictures for each step and you don't have to keep pausing the video. Just google what exactly you're trying to do with the picture and a bunch of how-to's will pop up

250x_kyle
07-30-2012, 10:27 AM
wilkin- ill see if i can find the site i used to do tutorials off of they had about everything on there. once you get a few things figured out it starts to flow alot easier.

sly- solidworks is an amazing program i would much rather use it over inventor. It seems to be easier for 3d modeling then inventor or auto cad. you can basically draw it roughly go in define everything after dimensioning it and before you know it you have a full 3d model.

finsteratv
07-31-2012, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
wilkin- ill see if i can find the site i used to do tutorials off of they had about everything on there. once you get a few things figured out it starts to flow alot easier.

sly- solidworks is an amazing program i would much rather use it over inventor. It seems to be easier for 3d modeling then inventor or auto cad. you can basically draw it roughly go in define everything after dimensioning it and before you know it you have a full 3d model.
I hate inventor at times..I use it for school every other day usually sometimes more.

brian76708
07-31-2012, 08:12 AM
When i was trying to learn it i found a tutorial on about everything i wanted to know with a google search.

example: i wanted to learn how to change the color of a item. and boom this is the second result http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTSskf8prU

TheLane
07-31-2012, 11:33 AM
lol, you guys dont know the meaning of complicated till you start messing with Adobe After Effects.....>Talk about a mind melter.

wilkin250r
08-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm getting the hang of it. A lot of it so far is just learning the tools you have to work with. Color filters, bluring, manipulating your layers, ect ect.

The online tutorials have been great.