PDA

View Full Version : Tires for Honda 200x

dave_denn
07-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Does anyone have a "good" (that means cheaper than the rest!) place (maybe on line?) where I can purchase new tires for my almost antique 84 200x 3 Wheeler? It has the original tires (now 28 years old) and they are starting to split. I rode the critter hard the first 10 or 15 years that I had it and now it has languished a bit since many Nay Sayers have debased the three wheelers as "dangerous" and "old news!"

My comment on that is that one should never let anyone drive anything that they obviously can't handle. But, that is for another day. Besides, they are more fun to drive than the quads (in my opinion).

If anyone has a site (trustworthy) or even a local store (I am in Northern California in the Gold Country) where one can buy tires at fair and reasonable prices, I am open to all suggestions.

Dave

HondaRacing83
07-19-2012, 08:31 PM
motosport.com or rockymtnatvmc

dave_denn
07-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the tip.

Dave

deathman53
07-20-2012, 02:21 AM
I'd get any type of flat profile tire, I also like itp holeshots, I use kenda knarly, razr mx, turftamers and grooved turf tamers in the rear. They are 18" sizes I have, I do MX with them. For the front tire, get dunlap kt151 or duro makes a tire that is good. Alot like kenda front mx for the front also. The first 2 tires come in 20" that helps alot with handling. NO, trikes are not antique, it just takes a different kind of person who can handle one. Go to three wheeler world if you want to some over the top and decent ones, being raced in all forms.

dave_denn
07-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks Deathman53 for your information and some tire suggestions for my ol' 3-wheeler to check on. You are absolutely right about the three-wheel ATC. It seems easy for me to ride but I have known many who just can't seem to get the hang of only having three wheels to run on. It has given me many happy hours of riding on marked trails and some not so "civilized."

It has also given my riding companions many similar moments of watching me fall over the handlebars, get run over by my own bike and walk away shaking my head about exactly how that all came to pass...

But that more than half the fun of it all! I just wish it came with reverse some times.