PDA

View Full Version : sponsorship

mike2001400ex
07-18-2012, 06:59 PM
anyone know a good place or way to get sponsored. im turning fourteen in august and ill be able to race only in a place called englishtown. i ride a 2001 400ex. every other tracks says i have to be 15 or 16.I'm hoping to go to E-town november 10-11 but would like any help to get.

Drfat400ex
07-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Go to whatever dealers or shops that are around you and ask if they would. I hear ODI grips will sponsor easy but I honestly don't know I've never even been to a track.

mike2001400ex
07-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Drfat400ex
Go to whatever dealers or shops that are around you and ask if they would. I hear ODI grips will sponsor easy but I honestly don't know I've never even been to a track.
thanks for the advice i found a couple near me. im going to go to them after a race in november

Balaz_73*00
07-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Dealerships are the least likely to sponsor you..

KXRida
07-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Dealerships give you the best support though. Internet sponsorships are a complete waste of time. 10% off of their apparel doesn't do much towards racing. First off, what class are you planning on racing? If you're planning on racing with older more experienced riders, it may be a rude awakening. Anyone can ride on a track, but competitively racing is a whole different ball game. You should at least get some races under your belt (a season or two at best) before applying for sponsorships. 9 times out of 10 your resume will be in the trash if you tell them "well I haven't raced yet, but I plan on racing." My local dealers helped me a ton when I was racing and even offered to lend me a bike when mine wasn't finished in time. Not to mention I got most aftermarket parts at way less than most of the online parts suppliers. Have you given any thought to upgrading the quad? While yes a 400ex can be competitive, a stock 450 would out perform it in everyway. Judging from your youtube video's I'd say practice would be the best thing before you would consider racing/sponsorship.

mike2001400ex
07-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Dealerships give you the best support though. Internet sponsorships are a complete waste of time. 10% off of their apparel doesn't do much towards racing. First off, what class are you planning on racing? If you're planning on racing with older more experienced riders, it may be a rude awakening. Anyone can ride on a track, but competitively racing is a whole different ball game. You should at least get some races under your belt (a season or two at best) before applying for sponsorships. 9 times out of 10 your resume will be in the trash if you tell them "well I haven't raced yet, but I plan on racing." My local dealers helped me a ton when I was racing and even offered to lend me a bike when mine wasn't finished in time. Not to mention I got most aftermarket parts at way less than most of the online parts suppliers. Have you given any thought to upgrading the quad? While yes a 400ex can be competitive, a stock 450 would out perform it in everyway. Judging from your youtube video's I'd say practice would be the best thing before you would consider racing/sponsorship.
i have to wait to race mine. im not gonna need any until next year because thats when im gonna be racing more. i'm hoping to get some practices in soon.

KXRida
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
If you plan on racing a series, try to make it to as many races as you can as well. I've noticed that about half of the guys will make it to a race here and there only yielding you half the points. Even if you have a few bad races, you may still finish overall in the series a little better due to the amount of races you made it to. I'm taking it this isn't ama sanctioned?

sangheraent
07-20-2012, 11:10 PM
I just got screwed by a sponsor offering me 50% off. They shipped the stuff to my canadian adress instead of my shipping adress in the states ended up costing me an extra $40 in brokerage fees.

So I ended up paying 50 each for an item that I could have bought from RMATV for $45.

I won't mention the name yet as I am working with them to hopefully make this right.

My opinion the BEST way to save money is to buy closeouts and just check different websites for deals. Online coupon sponsors are a total waste of time.

bbender85
07-24-2012, 05:40 AM
i used hookit.com this year and picked up some support, and while i'm not getting free stuff from anyone, 30-50% off most products really adds up.. i've saved hundreds of dollars on stuff this year. bash it all you want, but at the end of the day i've saved more than enough money to make it worth the next-to-no time i have into it, so a "total waste of time" is the last thing i'd call it...