PDA

View Full Version : how to get sponsored

ajf88
07-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Im just getting into racing mx and I was wondering how I could get sponsored. Im not really looking for huge companies but just a little help.

2001400exrida
07-18-2012, 08:17 AM
A good place to start is hookit.com

but the best way is to get out to as many races as you can and get on the podiums. If you're performing sponsors will gladly come to you.

chronicsmoke
07-18-2012, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by ajf88
Im just getting into racing mx and I was wondering how I could get sponsored. Im not really looking for huge companies but just a little help.

Start running local races and devellop a relationship with your local dealer.. start racking some wins and promote yourself. Small local companies will give you more support than Hookit companies.

That being said, Hookit is also decent, but saying you're 'sponsored' is a term used loosely. Only apply to the brands that you actually plan on buying parts from, and only accept if their offer is decent. (I never accept any offers under ~35-40% off.)

Leatt, O'Neal, GoPro, Globe, SMX are a few from hookit that have given me 40%+ off. That actually makes it worth it to deal with hookit. Every little bit counts and every $50 saved is $50 you can spend on race fees and fuel. (GoPro HD2 in Canada: $349.99, through Hookit in the US: $160.00 :D)

Balaz_73*00
07-18-2012, 08:56 AM
I've been sponsored by various companies for years now and have never used hookit or any website. Usually over the winter most companies will start accepting resumes. Thats what i've done. Talk a little about youself, your accomplishments, and your goals.