PDA

View Full Version : Like new fully built Honda 450R MX national race ready

8secnotch
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Need to sell ASAP I have a deal in the works so make me a deal I can't refuse!!! For Sale Race Ready 2005 Honda 450R. Just totally rebuilt from the ground up this past February (2012) and I have most of the paper work to prove what has been done. The only paper work I don’t have are for the parts I bought used and the parts that I used from my last build (last season). I was planning on racing most of the nationals and a hand full of local races but with work and the family it just didn’t go the way I wanted to. Everything is either new or just rebuilt and it only has a total of two local races and 1 day of practice that was pretty much to get the suspension dialed in to my likings so I would say it has maybe 15 hours total on this set-up. After each race day and the one practice day I changed the oil with elf MOTO 4xt tech 10-50 full synthetic oil and the oil filter with a Honda oil filter and cleaned the air filter. The quad was pressured washed after every moto and all the bolts and nuts were checked the chain was cleaned and lubed after every moto and the suspension was checked (from the ball joints and bushings to the shocks) I’m very anal about the way my machines perform and I like to keep them very well maintained so I don’t ever have a issue and if I do I like to know about it before it turns into something major. The only reason I’m putting this machine up for sale/trade is because for one I DON’T have the time to race/ride with work and everything else going on right now and second I can’t keep my kids quads maintained and mine to. So with that said I’m asking $5,500 for the quad out right and I’m pretty firm on that or maybe a trade for a nice newer DRR or APEX mini either a 50 or a 70.

The engine: I bought it brand new from my local dealer and sent it strait out to Sparks to have them do there thing to it. They took it all apart threw in a custom Sparks JE forged piston (I believe the compression is like 14.5:1) then they sent the complete bottom end out to get balanced (crank, rod, and piston) Completely worked the head to match the piston compression ratio and the cam. They ported and polished it and installed oversized titanium exhaust valves and heavy duty valve springs and titanium spring retainers and keepers and titanium intake vales with heavy duty valve springs and titanium spring retainers and keepers. A custom grind sparks mx cam. All the gaskets are from Cometic. The intake was modified to fit what I believe is a 41mm FCR carburetor. The ignition is a complete Honda CRF450R and the clutch is all Hinson. It also has a full Yoshimura exhaust. I’ve always ran Klotz 113 octane race gas and elf full synthetic engine oil. I’m sure I’m forgetting some stuff. But one thing I can tell you is that this engine doesn’t stop pulling and I have had all types of race engines and this will keep up with the best out there.

-Custom Axis Pro Air LT front shocks (Just rebuilt by Axis with new air chambers (had to change the length to fit the a arms), seals and oil. They are built for a 185lb A class MX rider and are rebound and compression adjustable.
-LSR DC-4 LT 2+1 (chrome) a arms with chrome tie rods and brand new Honda tie rod ends.
-Streamline stainless braided front brake lines with Streamline brake line clamps 2 per side (red anodized)
-New Honda front brake calipers and brakes along with new Honda wheel bearings.
-Houser racing +1 steering stem with(new Honda bearings and seals) oversized 1 1/8 antivibe bar clamp with tether mount (Pro Design tether)
-LSR steering stem chassis clamp w/new Honda bushing
-Pro Taper Contour mid bend fat bars with Pro Taper synergy grips
-Works Connection clutch lever w/hot start and a custom made adjustable Baldwin racing hot start cable
-IMS front bumper
-DWT Racing (black)ROK OUT 3+2 front wheels w/Maxxis Razr Cross tires (not pictured)
-DWT Racing Shamrock Ultimate Billet center rear bead lock wheels w/Maxxis Razr MX tires and DWT new style mud caps
-Houser Racing Pro bounce nerf bars w/oversized suspension foot pegs (MX style)
-08 Honda swing arm (bought brand new from dealer)
-TM Designworks complete chain slide and guide kit
-Pro Taper gold series mx chain
-Pro Design billet case saver
-Streamline stainless braided rear brake line
-Honda (brand new) rear brake caliper with Honda brake pads
-LSR rear e-brake block off plate
-LSR Billet bearing carrier
-LSR Billet anti-fade lock nut
-LSR Axcaliber pro racing axle
-LSR swing arm pivot bolt
-LSR rear fender fastners
-LSR DC-6 rear shock linkage
-PEP rear shock LTD MASS dual rate with remote resevoir just rebuilt by SF racing for 185lb A class mx rider
-Bling Star rear mx grab bar
-Honda factory red plastics bought last season race cut front fenders. I’m a function over fashion type of guy so there are not any graphics on the plastics other then my number plates. If it doesn’t make you faster it’s not on this quad.
-Quad Tech new style race hood

I know I’m missing a lot of things but if you have any questions or want other pictures you can either PM me or call or text me at
267-374-0066
http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/honda450Rracer/P1040805.jpghttp://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/honda450Rracer/P1040807.jpg

8secnotch
07-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Quad is sold