PDA

View Full Version : A few ?? about Razrs Tires . I may have found a scam

400EXPILOT
03-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Just put a new set of Razrs rears on tonight and wile I was lubeing my chain up I noticed the rotation arrow was going the wrong way on one of the tires. Does the arrow really mean anything??

? 2 What tire pressure are you guys running with on the 20-11-9 's . On the stockers I used 4 Lbs and that worked good for me.

One more thing, when I was putting the tires on I also noticed where it should say 6 ply it said 4 ply on a very thin peace of rubber. If you would rub your finger over it a few times it fell off and the 6 ply would show. The ? is has anybody cut a 6 ply Razr open to see if there is 6 plys or is it a scam??

Thanks 400EXPILOT

muff
03-08-2003, 06:00 AM
on a set of razrs or holeshots, the tread is the same in both directions so it doesnt matter which way they are mounted
if they are both pointing backwards you can swap the left and the right tires then they'll both be going forwards

i run 4-5lbs in all of my tires

cant help you on the ply of them tho, seems kinda weird, were they suppose to be 6?

QuadJunkies
03-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by 400EXPILOT
Just put a new set of Razrs rears on tonight and wile I was lubeing my chain up I noticed the rotation arrow was going the wrong way on one of the tires. Does the arrow really mean anything??

? 2 What tire pressure are you guys running with on the 20-11-9 's . On the stockers I used 4 Lbs and that worked good for me.

One more thing, when I was putting the tires on I also noticed where it should say 6 ply it said 4 ply on a very thin peace of rubber. If you would rub your finger over it a few times it fell off and the 6 ply would show. The ? is has anybody cut a 6 ply Razr open to see if there is 6 plys or is it a scam??

Thanks 400EXPILOT FINALLY someone else seen it too!! I posted a thred on this here it is...http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42957&highlight=maxxis

Derek
03-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Yep.....friend of mine got a pair of razors for his warrior and when he wore the tread off them he cut them open. Only 4 ply. They said 6.:grr

Derek
03-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Yep.....friend of mine got a pair of razors for his warrior and when he wore the tread off them he cut them open. Only 4 ply. They said 6.:grr

03-08-2003, 11:30 AM
after a while.. it wouldnt be a bad idea to turn them around and ride them the other way.. becuase they wear on a angle and you will get a little more traction if ya tuirn em around after a while

JOEX
03-08-2003, 08:39 PM
I read awhile back the tires these days don't have actual "plys". The number the publish is the "ply rating" you'll notice some places will sat 4-PR or 6-PR.

Can someone shed some more light on this subject?

I also agree with Lathers, rotate you tires if they are non-directional:)

Joe

03-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I read awhile back the tires these days don't have actual "plys". The number the publish is the "ply rating" you'll notice some places will sat 4-PR or 6-PR.

Can someone shed some more light on this subject?

I also agree with Lathers, rotate you tires if they are non-directional:)

Joe

4 ply is a lighter and thinner wheel.. and a 6 ply is a thicker peice of rubber to prevent mroe punctures in your tires so there more or less for trails and xc.. the changing the tires around is good idea i did with my holeshots.. worked great

JOEX
03-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I know about the difference between 4 and 6 ply tires.:)

I guess i'm looking for more info on the construction of the tires made now compared to when they were made with actual "plys".

I'm still using my stock tires and rotate them often to keep the knobs square:)

Thanks, Joe

03-08-2003, 09:15 PM
oohhh my bad.. i dont know, later