PDA

View Full Version : hello Kentucky!!!

pmg8134
07-16-2012, 06:14 PM
Anybody with any experience of Kentucky I`d like some feedback.
I`m thinking of making a move, cool places to live in relation to jobs, riding, raising a family and xc racing when I can afford it. Definately need some sort of water, whether it be a river stream or lake it doesn`t matter. Would love some mountains mixed in. Thanks for the input if you got any!!

mxpimp2000
07-16-2012, 09:32 PM
Bowling Green ky area. Lots of nice country style and city living. I love ky and will never relocate. Iam north of bowling green but that is round about the area i would look into or any of the sorounding counties. Im not much on Northern ky mainly south central area. Bowling Green is the home of bill ballance and jeremiah jones. plenty of riding spots and people to ride with.

smr
07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
I live just west of Bowling Green. Got about an hours drive to Land between the lakes with plenty of boating and offroad riding. There are several smaller parks in the area and plenty of MX tracks. Mid south XC series is a great series and we also have plenty of GNCC near by.

fastredrider44
07-17-2012, 01:26 PM
XC racing mecca buddy!

I live in Murray, that's far western KY where the state dips into TN. We have lots of lakes and lots of outdoors stuff to do, but no mountains on this end.

brian76708
07-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
Bowling Green ky area. Lots of nice country style and city living. I love ky and will never relocate. Iam north of bowling green but that is round about the area i would look into or any of the sorounding counties. Im not much on Northern ky mainly south central area. Bowling Green is the home of bill ballance and jeremiah jones. plenty of riding spots and people to ride with.

I went there for work a few months back and i have to say it was awesome. I would live out there. I went to mammoth caves when i had some down time and it was definitely a cool experience. I would imagine the trail riding out there would be amazing, very hilly.

BEARAZZ
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
we also have the KCCR xc series

XCRacer236
07-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Spent half my life growing up in Kentucky and I have always loved it. If you look into the Norhtern area, you're also only few hours south of IXCR, MWXC, and MAXC series in Indiana.

pmg8134
07-18-2012, 03:46 PM
man I had no clue about riding there that sounds awesome! Are the lakes really that color? Do you guys melt during the summer too?

TacicalRedneck
07-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by pmg8134
man I had no clue about riding there that sounds awesome! Are the lakes really that color? Do you guys melt during the summer too?

Usually out-of-towners die :D The heat is one thing, but the humidity is terrible... I read ky is sort of betwixt 2 higher regions, and we are stuck down low with all the humidity, so look out for ticks, mosquitoes, annoying flies, etc... If you havn't developed allergies..... welll.... i'd say your chances will be a bit higher... I've never had a problem before, but this summer mowing grass, i have to carry tissues, so much stuff in the air brings some thick snot!! lol

But i like it.

fastredrider44
07-20-2012, 10:08 AM

We are in kind of a heat wave right now. As far as the lakes, you may have seen some doctored pictures. It's regular ol lake water for the most part. There are some clearer, bluer parts of some lakes, but not everwhere. We have a good time on the Baja or sea-doo anyway.

mxpimp2000
07-21-2012, 08:02 PM

within 50-100 miles of bowling green we have

nolin lake state park 30 mins
barren river lake state park 30 mins
kentucky lake 1.5 hrs
rough river lake 45mins
dale hollow lake 2hrs

also have mammoth cave national park which is a big tourist attraction for alot of people.

pmg8134
07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
seems to be a heat wave everywhere! Fiqured that on the lake water. saw several pics where it looked like the carribean. sounds like we have some pretty similar weather, was hoping a slight escape from that! june july and august tend to stay sticky and sweaty here. you guys have some riding terrain though right? hilly land?

HondaRacing83
07-26-2012, 03:23 PM
i wanna move to indiana or kentucky when im older.

TacicalRedneck
07-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I just never could force myself to move...

Family, freinds, a good church.... Those things don't grow on trees. Here, what with all the migration and such, both physical, and the new ideas, we've lost a lot of that, good 'ole tradition.

As president obama puts it, i'm a "clinger."

Sorry for the bit of change of subject ;)

ben300
07-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by TacicalRedneck
I just never could force myself to move...

good church.... :huh

dude, those are a dime a dozen....theres one on every street corner and in every back yard in PA.....id never base where i live off of a church.....

no family and friends...thats a completely different story

motomadman
07-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Churches may be a dime a dozen, but good churches are a rare find. Some people drive hours one way to go to a church they like.

And nothin wrong with being a clinger.

TacicalRedneck
07-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by ben300
:huh

dude, those are a dime a dozen....theres one on every street corner and in every back yard

I'm not talking about a huge formal church, i'm talking about a church that i helped build with my own hands. A Church that i spend time to drive acrose the county into another, (a very long drive) to mow the grass, and maintain a path through the woods i cleared myself.... This church even has a visitor every sunday it seems, a beagle that i give a bowl of water that sits outside the doors... quietly.
I wouldn't leave that for the world.