PDA

View Full Version : Off set rims or wheel spacers???

oynot400
12-10-2001, 08:19 AM
I have been playing with the idea of widening out the 400. I have a adjustable rear axle coming, when the guy takes it off of his machine. I also want to make the front wider also. I know the best would be to get a-arms but I can't afford them right now and I still like to go out in the woods to play. So I was thinking of off set rims or wheelspacers. Has anyone else done this? and how did you like it. Will it give too much stress on the spindles?
Let me know what you all think.
Thanks. :)

beerock
12-10-2001, 12:34 PM
dont use spacers PERIOD!! too much stress on the hubs and wheel bearings

Tommy 17
12-10-2001, 01:49 PM
i was thinkin about off settin my front rims 1 too... will i have to get my shocks revalved or sumtin then...

kabd69667
12-10-2001, 01:54 PM
I don't know if this is right or not but it's fading in my memory but i'll try to remember it. I don't think you want to run offset rims anytime. I think it like gives you less travel from your suspension. I would say just save you money and buy wider arms and get new shocks while your at it

12-10-2001, 02:57 PM
i flipped me wheels around and it added like 2inches...it feels a lot beter handling wise but the susp. up front feels a little diffetent. i like it beter flipped around

my.02

12-10-2001, 03:32 PM
I found going with the "offset" wheels gave me an option. If I was riding through real tight woods, I would leave my offsets at home and ride my stocks. I found myself enjoying my offsets more than my stockers, so I sacrificed hitting more trees:grr Once you go to extended a-arms, you are stuck with the wide stance. Some riders recommend going to the wide stance, I recommend it too, except through tight woods!!:D You do not have to doing anything to your stock shock with the 1" offeset wheels. I'm not sure what you would have to do to your shocks, if anything, if you go to extended a-arms.

Good luck!

Giz400ex
12-10-2001, 07:21 PM
Nope, your right!! Do the offset, its cheaper and you'll notice a difference. Look at it this way, either $150 (at most) or $700???

12-12-2001, 08:13 AM
I HAVE OFFSETS ITP .190 WITH HOLE SHOTS IM SELLING USED ABT 15 HRS, I NEED TO SELL ASAP, I HAVE +3 1/2 +1 A-ARMS SO ITS TOO MUCHS IT MAKES IT 4 1/2 UP FRONT, BARELY FITS IN MY TRUCK SO IM SELLING THEM, IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE

oynot400
12-12-2001, 08:20 AM
Are they a 1" offset? How much do you want for them. I would be very interseted.:D . You can email me at O'HaraAnthonyJ@JohnDeere.com