PDA

View Full Version : which canopy to buy?

maxamillion
07-15-2012, 09:10 PM
i borrowed a friends cheap canapy for the ballance national this year and it got destroyed in the storm so i had to replace it for him. this time around i am buying my own and i would like to get something that is strong and going to hold up for several years. any recommendations? im thinking 10x10 or 12x12. let me know what kind you guys like and the price. ill be using it at the track so just want it to stand up to wind and rain. -max

XCRacer236
07-15-2012, 11:59 PM
ezup.com

K-Dub
07-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Ezups are the best except in a down poor. They seem to be the toughest, but in a heavy rain they catch water in the 4 corners the way they are made. I lost one that was up through an hour down poor and could not get to it. Had loaned it to a friend and they was at work and so was I. By the time I did it had ruined it. Now someone makes a bracket to hold the corners up so this does not happen but, I do not have any or know who makes them but have seen them. But I did buy a new one.

Pacheco_450r
07-16-2012, 07:18 PM
One thing to watch for is the slant leg vs straight leg canopy. It says right when they advertise them that the measurement is based on the footprint so a 10X10 slant leg with have significantly less shade than a 10x10 straight leg, something to think about before you buy! Whatever brand I've helped set up and take down the straight legs seem to be less of a pain also.

ds268
07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
I've had great luck with Caravan canopies. Had a couple for years that get brought to the lake, dunes, camping and anything where else. The only broken part was a inner brace from a huge gust that took it airborn across the driveway into the trees. Nice thing about them is that the parts are easy to replace and easily found.

Here's a good site to see their difference options.

http://www.ecanopy.com/caravan-canopies.html?gclid=CMi9udj8oLECFc8KtAodaA01Ww

maxamillion
07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
great info guys thats really helpful. so if the easy ups hold water without the lil special bracket, is there a better alternative? ive seen some canopys that have more of a dome shape top where water could not sit, what are ur thoughts on that?