PDA

View Full Version : 400ex throttle

QuadOwner
07-15-2012, 08:55 PM
there is a popular thread on how to check to make sure your 400ex throttle is opening fully, but is it really neccesary? wouldnt you know if its opening all the way by not having or having very little freeplay at the lever? the thread suggests taking the air boot off the carb and seeing if the slide is flush with the top, but im not so sure you have to go that far. anybody think different or that can enlighten me on why that needs to be dont?

slightlybent47
07-16-2012, 07:05 AM
It needs to be “don’t” because, seeing is believing.lol

QuadOwner
07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
say that again? any other answers?

b0rn c0nfused
07-16-2012, 04:40 PM
He said "don't" because he was making fun of your typo at the end of your post. Basicly you can do it just to make sure your throttle is opening up all the way and your getting everything out of your motor you can.

QuadOwner
07-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by b0rn c0nfused
He said "don't" because he was making fun of your typo at the end of your post. Basicly you can do it just to make sure your throttle is opening up all the way and your getting everything out of your motor you can.

well isnt he funny. if u open the throttle all the way and u can hear the slide bottom out (which i did put ur ear up to the carb) then its running full throttle. i dont need to look down the throat of the carb to know that. i dont think its neccesary