PDA

View Full Version : gncc whelles an tires

bradenc19
07-15-2012, 04:10 PM
What brand of whelles would you would buy hipers or dougles an size front an back plus 2 a arms up front? Rear has plus 1 -4 axle what rim size would you run on back ? What is the best tire to run on a 250r for gncc? Thanks I know to run 10in on front an 9in on rear. Just want to know what everybody is useing and what works? THANKS

deathman53
07-15-2012, 06:33 PM
I would get hypers, 4-1 offest fronts(4" in, 1" out) beadlocks and dual beackock rears 8". Yes, there is less tire selection in 20" for a 8", but I like the ride of them better, some say it is too much tire roll and doesn't turn as fast.

rockingkfarms
07-15-2012, 07:02 PM
4-1 fronts
9" rear
Hipers or DWT are both fine
I prefer Razr 2 front, grooved Razr rear
Itp gncc holeshots also work very well
Walmart balls are much cheaper than tireballs

deathman53
07-16-2012, 01:20 AM
what is walmart balls?

Meat
07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
Balls you buy from WalMart. Those little bouncy rubbery balls they sell in the kids section. They sell em in a whole bunch of sizes. Well... turns out these Wally balls work just like tire balls do. Hedstrom makes the balls, check em out next time you're at Wal-mart. Guys order em by the case directly from Hedstrom. The latest deal I heard was for $180 bucks you get enough wally balls to do 8 tires. Don't quote me on that. Also, Hedstrom might be the wrong spelling.

Also, obligatory 'lube your wally balls' comment.

hondaREX
07-18-2012, 05:29 PM
I use pool noodles in my hiper wheels. They work awesome. I run 4 PSI in all 4 tires. Empty they pretty much stay up on the noodles. Enough to get you off the track or trail. In other posts, others have called the noodles "Walmart tireballs". I actually get them at dollar stores. Next time i change tires ill start a post.

Portuga
07-18-2012, 08:01 PM
I run razr 2's all around. 21's up front on a 4:1 wheel and 20's back on a 9" single beadlock.
Wheels are Dwt's.

dynofox
07-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I've been running the local hare scramble series this summer and have 22" Razr 2's up front and 20" GBC X-Rex's in the rear (they are the same tire as the razr 2 - both gbc and maxxis are owned by the same company). Using ITP standard T-9's up front and T-9 bead locks in the rear. Had good success so far.

spintly
07-20-2012, 10:22 PM
I run a 22 front and 9 rear all four GBC X-Rex's. For wheels, I run Hyper Tech 3's, all single beadlock. Never had a problem with the tires or the wheels. I know a lot of pro GNCC riders run grooved 9" razors in the rear and Razor 2s in the front. My dad runs ITP GNCCs all the way around on his 450R and they seem to hook up quite nicely in all conditions as well. Maxxis came out with a razr XC that looks pretty good with precut grooves. Going to give them a shot when my tires are worn out. Good luck in your search.

As far as the Wally Balls, they are the playground balls made by Hedstrom and they look like mini dodge balls. They are far cheaper than Tireballs and seem to work just as well. I have a buddy that has run them in many GNCC's with great success. The noodles are similar to the Tire Johnny's but don't work nearly as well as the Wally Balls. But they would work to get you back home in a pinch.