PDA

View Full Version : jetting help are <dj kits junk>

erict400
07-15-2012, 03:07 PM
hello, this is my first time writing a thread. but anyway i know theres a out of jetting ? on here. i have an 06 with a hmf slip on open are box and a uni filter.in nj about 1000 ft above sea. i have a dinojet kit in it but have been messing around. been reading a lot of people dont like them but if i get rid of the dj kit i would needs a dif needle to right. and my 2nd ? is what do ty think i shold be set at with what i got.

i was thinking it should be
main 142 <dj>
pilot 40 0r 42
a/f screew 2 1/2 out
any help would be great and were is a good place to get pilots and a a/f screew jets- r-us thanks

CJM
07-15-2012, 03:12 PM
40 pilot
155 main keihin jet
2.5 turns a/f screw.

That should be right on the money.

DJ kits work ok, but use a different needle, use adapters on our style carbs and follow a totally different numbering system. Honestly I been there and used them and was not happy.

erict400
07-15-2012, 03:19 PM
thanks need messing around today with it and i agree the numbering system sucks

hondaREX
07-17-2012, 09:47 AM
I have a question about dynojets. Does anyone know if the FMF jet kit is equivalent to dynojets? Im using the FMF kit and not sure where my jetting is at. I looked at the jetting chart in the stickies and its not matching up. Thanks.

CJM
07-17-2012, 10:02 AM
No idea if the FMF jets are the same as the DJ.

Are the FMF jets six sided/hex shaped like a regular keihin jet?

2001400exrida
07-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes the FMF jet kits are the same as dynojet.

they use the little adapter and the jets are short and stubby compared to the stock keihen jets.

hondaREX
07-17-2012, 06:37 PM
When i look at honda400ex2003's sticky on jetting with the jetting charts, the chart shows no Keihin 148 main jet so i am unsure what to cross reference it to. I have a FMF main sized 160 in my 400ex carb with open lid and k&n filter. Seems to be sized rich to me but it runs great. Removed an old plug and it looked perfect. I have a 450r carb im installing this weekend and dont know if i even want mess with the FMF jets. Easier to start with jetting thats others are using and work from there, and not knowing where i am isnt helping. Im sure i will end up doing it because i have them, just want a starting point. Any other charts or ideas?

hondaREX
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Just went onto jetsrus website to there conversion chart and they show the stock 148 main, and the 160 DJ main is the equivalent of a Keihin 178. Thats sounds really rich. Im actually going to try dropping the main in the stock carb first to see what it runs like. I cant believe how well it runs with that fat of a jet in it.