PDA

View Full Version : front wheels are stuck

ridesa02400EX
03-07-2003, 08:33 PM
my front wheels are stuck on the hubs ive tried wd40 and hitting it with a hammer and a block of wood and ive also tried to knock it off with a hammer and it will not budge has anybody else had this problem? how do i get them off?

phatswinn
03-07-2003, 08:42 PM
u got aftermarket rims huh?, i put the quad on the ground and shook it from left to right until they came off when i got mine, then when you put them back on put the lugs tapered side out and it shouldent happen again
ive heard of people putting a small washer ont he inside of the wheel too

hope this helps ya out

ridesa02400EX
03-07-2003, 08:59 PM
my friend tried the washers and it messed up his rim pretty bad

ridesa02400EX
03-07-2003, 09:00 PM
the aftermarket rims are already on it and im trying to get them off because i need new tires and one new rim

Narly R
03-07-2003, 11:10 PM
This happened to both my front and back. I just had to hit the back a lot of times. The front (I was stripping my bike down) so I had the everything apart and I had it so I could hit the bolts and pop the hubs off. Just hit them, but dont bend a rim!!!!!!

QuadTrix6
03-08-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by ridesa02400EX
my friend tried the washers and it messed up his rim pretty bad

how could a washer mess it up?

muff
03-08-2003, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
how could a washer mess it up?

well it'll leave an indentation and when you take the washer off you'll see a small ring around where the washer was

I've also gotten a wheel stuck on my hub, i took the hub off, put it on the ground so the hub was down, then hit the knocked the hub out by hitting the bolts

300exryder
03-08-2003, 05:59 AM
this happened to me also, I put the quad up on a stand and stuck a piece of 2x4 against the inside of the rim and kept on hitting it with a hammer. When you do this, go to opposite corners, not around in a circle. I did have some marks on my rim afterwards. Tr using a cloth wrapped around the 2x4. I had ITP rims that supposedly aren't supposed to be used with tapered buts, so you have to turn them around so the flat part is against the rim. When I got the wheels off, there was a ring of aluminum stuck on the threads, be sure to clean the threads so that they won't get the nut stuck in the future.

heavy_d
03-08-2003, 06:35 AM
i use a 4 ton hydraulic ram and a board i wedge between the tire and the frame and the wheel pops right off:D

03-08-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by heavy_d
i use a 4 ton hydraulic ram and a board i wedge between the tire and the frame and the wheel pops right off:D :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

fmf400ex
03-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Ok here is what you do. This just happend to me and a friend of mine last week.
1. You loosen up your lug nuts and screw them out some but not all the way off.
2. Take a sludge hammer (5bls) and hit the nut( make sure you are hitting the flat part of the nut). Just hit them until they pop out the back of the hub.
3. Then after you take your wheels off, take a drill bit the same size of the hole in the rim and smooth the whole out.
4. Then when you put the tires back on make sure you put the flat side of the nut up against the rim.
I hope this helps you.:D

TheX1992
03-09-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by fmf400ex
Ok here is what you do. This just happend to me and a friend of mine last week.

2. Take a sludge hammer (5bls) and hit the nut( make sure you are hitting the flat part of the nut). Just hit them until they pop out the back of the hub.

that just made me shiver until i read the rest of it :bandit:

ridesa02400EX
03-09-2003, 02:08 PM
alright thanks for the help guys im gonna go try to take them off right now ill let u know how it worked out

phatswinn
03-09-2003, 08:23 PM
if worst comes to worst, loosen the lugs and drive arouund tille they pop off